Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Re: Landis Sample Tainted

If as Landis maintains his testosterone level was high due to his metabolism why did it not show up in the past? I mean he has bound to have been tested before. Regardless of that it looks pretty bad for him now.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Meanwhile, Bonds gets a free pass???
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Yup. Go figure. :shock:

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Maybe someone gave him some tainted water as he was racing. He may not have known he had been doped. If I were him I would take a lie detector test. :wink:

WWBGD

boognish is offline Coordinator

"Benet" wrote:
    I'd change the title of this thread if it were me. To say the sample was tainted implies that the sample was altered after it was taken from Landis, and therefore unusable for testing.

This article says that the increased testosterone in Landis's system came from an external source: ie, drugs. So the sample is fine.
    Exactly...he's busted!
    I am a dipshit!!!

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Dang it! Steroids piss me off! No sport is safe and no athelete is clear of doubt and I don't see it changing any time soon. What happened to good old fashioned hard work? It's been replaced by a needle. How pathetic.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Benet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Yup. Go figure. :shock:
    :roll: Way to go baseball!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    US sports are not subjected to doping laws because it is private leagues, and therefore the WADA organisations standards and codes does not apply, because the leagues has been unwilling to adobt them.

To make some examples, both the MLB and the NBA has special rules. In Baseball many steroids are allowed. And in the NBA players are not subjected to doping tests but for a brief period leading up to olympic events. It is also rumored that some players can't/won't participate in the olympics because of the doping tests.

The testing is one of the biggest issues of american sports and doping. In 2003 the USADA conducted 6890 dopingtests in 60 different events where 48% (3330) of these were "no-advance-notice out-of-competition tests"

To compare the Danish ADD conducted 1505 tests, where 67% (1010) were "out-of-competition", og all of these are made without the ADD informing the athlete in advance of the test, something that is not so in USA.

Now all you need to know is that USA has a 54 times bigger population than Denmark.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Vike_Turner is offline Training Camp

Everyone who is holding their breath waiting for Landis to be cleared by some miracle excuse should exhale, he is guilty and got caught. I remember when I was a kid and Ben Johnson got nailed, there was all kinds of stuff coming out about someone switching his water bottles etc... and a lot of people up here in Canada were wanting it to be true. He was obviously guilty and it was the highest profile positive steroid test up to that point. Every sport in the world at that point should have stepped up and instituted a strong steroid policy including testing. When you do not make something illegal, it is basically legal, because people will do everything they can to succeed.

Baseball is the most guilty of this, they ignored what had obviously begun to run rampant in their sport. Now they are trying to hang Barry Bonds out to dry, like it will alleviate cheating in sports. In the past number of years it has become apparent in cycling that steroid abuse is also rampant, there have been a number of positive tests and disqualified finishers. The fact is that these organizations waited too long to put in a strong policy, and their sports image are now paying the price for it.

The most terrible thing about it is that since winning in sports pays so well the steroid business has become a profession, and the doctors who design and administer the drugs are often one step ahead of those organizations that test for it. Landis probably didn't just start using steroids, his trainers just screwed up administering it and he finally got caught. There are a number of athletes, especially in track, that passed a lot of drug tests before it came out that they had been using steroids for years, but just never had gotten caught.

It is a sad state of affairs, but everytime they catch someone red-handed, and there is a public outcry and disappointment about it then it is a good thing. It hopefully shows the kids coming up that it isn't the way to go about it.

Prophet Guest

page2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast