Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Lakers obtain Pau Gasol!! Yea!

I just heard that my Lakers got Pau Gasol from the Grizz for Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton and two first-round picks.
    ESPN mentioned somehting about options for a couple other players as well, but no one of note.

I am pumped to see how this rounds out this Laker team.
    They may be mortgaging the future a little with those two #1 pics, but with Kobe in his prime, and Gasol in his prime, and Bynum showing signs of greatness, this could be a fun team for a few years.

I hope it all fits into place well.
    As they say "Time will tell" and isnt that the beauty of sports.

I am excited about the rest of the season.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Lakers obtain Pau Gasol!! Yea!

Wow....they can definitely challenge the best in the west now.

This is the most interesting the NBA has been in quite a while. Anytime the Celtics and the Lakers are contenders, the NBA is on the right track.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I wonder how many here know that the "Lakers" used to be the "Minneapolis Lakers," hence their name. Another team that left town for greener pastures when Minnesota failed to support them.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I wonder how many here know that the "Lakers" used to be the "Minneapolis Lakers," hence their name. Another team that left town for greener pastures when Minnesota failed to support them.
    probably like everyone...

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Can you keep the Vikings stadium thread IN the Vikings stadium thread.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Probably the same # of folks here in NorCal who remember the Kansas City Kings
    Tuco the world.....

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Good for both teams I guess. Gasol isn't your true number 1, game changing player like Kobe or Dwayne wade.But what he brings to the table is consistency and defense.I think what the lakers needed most, they got.Someone who just like Kobe, is gonna give you points night in and night out.Good acquisition for L.A. certainly.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I always figure that must by the underlying reason why I love the Lakers (just not as much as I like the Vikes).

But it doesnt hurt that the paint in my "Vikings Room" is pretty darn close to Lakers colors as well.
    The purple is basically almost exact.
    Our Gold is a little golder than the Lakers Yellow though.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I think this comment belongs in one of the many stadium discussion threads. But I am pretty sure that everone knew that.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Mr." wrote:
    Good for both teams I guess. Gasol isn't your true number 1, game changing player like Kobe or Dwayne wade.But what he brings to the table is consistency and defense.I think what the lakers needed most, they got.Someone who just like Kobe, is gonna give you points night in and night out.Good acquisition for L.A. certainly.
    Don't put Dwayne Wade in the same conversation as Kobe. How is Dwayne doing this year? I guess it doesn't hurt that the Heat front office gotten taken by Kevin McHale. Antwan Walker(sucks, but has a short contract) and a first round pick for Ricky Davis(sucks and has a huge contract for a few years) and Mark Blunt(sucks)!!!!. I mean how bad do you have to be to get taken by Kevin McHale?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast