Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Lakers might have found a replacement for Shaq!!

Read the link:

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2585748

For those of you that don't want to read the link, it could be Vlade Divac!! Didn't they have him once before? Yeah, that didn't work out too well!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

oh man I hate him too

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

That would also weeken Sac-to. Sounds like an all around good deal to the Wolves.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"SKOL" wrote:
    That would also weeken Sac-to. Sounds like an all around good deal to the Wolves.
    Why would that be an all around good deal to the wolves?
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Because you take away a pretty good big man from sactown, and put him on a bigmanless team in la la land!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Because you take away a pretty good big man from sactown, and put him on a bigmanless team in la la land!!
    ya that would support us but how would it help the wolves is what im trying to get at.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Because it would make the kings less stacked, and, personally, I don't think that vlade and his old self is going to help out in la.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

LA is weakened because you just can't replace Shaq, with anyone. Sactown lost a decent, but aging, center. The Wolves main competetition are LA, San Antonio, and Sacramento. Two of the three have taken a step backward.

I know you like the Lakers, Hawaiian..., who knows maybe Vlade can do for them this time around what he couldn't do the first time.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

vlade sucks last year he only average like 9 points a game and 5 boards i rather go with brian grant then him divac is no better than scott pollard
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"SHOW-TIME" wrote:
    vlade sucks last year he only average like 9 points a game and 5 boards i rather go with brian grant then him divac is no better than scott pollard

I think all the lakers needed was a center that scores 10 points a game, like vlade did last year. They also got a center that passes the ball well. Vlade average over 5 assists a game last year. Vlade also didn't get as many minutes with the kings last year, with them having brad miller.

I wish people would stop talking about the lakers replacing shaq. The lakers aren't trying to replace shaq, they are building a totally different team with a different style of play. You do all remember that the lakers, WITH SHAQ AND WITH HIM DOMINATING, lost to the pistons last year in the finals. The lakers needed to get younger, and more athletic, and they did. They got a great coach in rudy T, that likes to play an uptempo style of game. Everyone acts like the lakers will be running the same triangle offense that revolves around the center. They will have a different team, a different offense, a different coach, and different players, so to say that they won't be good just because shaq is gone is not right. The have a great coach, a super star player, and a couple of young rising stars in odom and butler. This team looks a lot more like a kings or mavericks team, and both those teams have been pretty good lately. I think it will all come down to how well they play D. If they can have a good D, they can be one of the better teams in the west again. We all know they have plenty of guys that can score. They also have a ton more depth than they have had in years. Payton, rush, sasha, kobe, butler, odom, george, grant, vlade, malone(who is expected to resign now that vlade signed, like malone wanted). Depth, scoring, and a great coach, should mean they will at least be a playoff caliber team next season.

Also it doesn't make much sense that if the kings loosing vlade hurts them, shouldn't it help the lakers? Since it does help the lakers, it wouldn't really help the wolves out much, since it would just hurt one of the teams that the wolves had to beat and strengthen another that they had to beat. Say if vlade would have went to a crappy team like the clippers, then it would have helped the wolves out.

The lakers will be one of the 8 playoff teams in the west next year without a doubt in my mind. How far they can go from there, depends on how well they play D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast