Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: KOBE FINALLY BEAT SHAQ!!!

Kobe is really good, i'll give him that. But the Lakers without him would be nothing. Thier game plan is feed him the ball and let him rack up 60 points....in the NBA you cant win a championship like that. Granted Lamar had a good game last night. The Lakers are a 2-3 seasons away from truly being a contender for the throne.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Kobe is really good, i'll give him that. But the Lakers without him would be nothing. Thier game plan is feed him the ball and let him rack up 60 points....in the NBA you cant win a championship like that. Granted Lamar had a good game last night. The Lakers are a 2-3 seasons away from truly being a contender for the throne.
    HMM THAT SEEMED TO WORK WELL FOR THE BULLS AND PHIL JACKSON BEFORE I MEAN IT GOME HIM SIX TITLES....

AND ANDREW BYNUM IS GONNA BE GREATNESS U SAW WHEN HE GOT SHAQ BACK AND DUNKED ON HIM!!!!!THAT WAS GREATNESS AND HE BARELY TURNED 18 IN OCTOBER, HE IS GONNA GET BIGGER AND GET MORE MUSCLE AND HE IS GONNA BE DOMINANT!!! JUST WAIT AND SEE

SamDawg84 Guest

didnt the lakers beat the heat on christmas? i dk who won that game

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

no the lakers blew that games lead. they had it and messed up. oh well. i think next year this team will be looking really good.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"magicci" wrote:
    HMM THAT SEEMED TO WORK WELL FOR THE BULLS AND PHIL JACKSON BEFORE I MEAN IT GOME HIM SIX TITLES....

AND ANDREW BYNUM IS GONNA BE GREATNESS U SAW WHEN HE GOT SHAQ BACK AND DUNKED ON HIM!!!!!THAT WAS GREATNESS AND HE BARELY TURNED 18 IN OCTOBER, HE IS GONNA GET BIGGER AND GET MORE MUSCLE AND HE IS GONNA BE DOMINANT!!! JUST WAIT AND SEE
    I do think that Bynum can be a pretty good big man...no Shaq, but solid enough to run the Kobe Triangle (this variation always has Kobe shooting the ball...LOL). Plus he won't mind Kobe getting all the attention!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:

I do think that Bynum can be a pretty good big man...no Shaq, but solid enough to run the Kobe Triangle (this variation always has Kobe shooting the ball...LOL). Plus he won't mind Kobe getting all the attention!

Bynum is flat out gonna be a stud if you ask me. The kid is barely 18 years old and he was holding his own against the greatest center in the game. He also has another all time great center teaching him, in Kareem. I really see this kid becoming a star in 2 or 3 years. Hopefully Phil reups his contract, so he will still be coaching then.

As far as Kobe vs Shaq, it's all BS to me. We all knew that Miami would be better then LA for a few years, after we traded shaq, that was obvious. We didn't maket he sahq trade, because we expected that it was gonna make us better the next season. Shaq was traded, basically because he didn't like Kobe and wanted a new contract for too much money, that he just isn't worth anymore at his age and with his injury problems. The Lakers got as much as they could for him and knew it would be 2 or 3 years of rebuilding, before they would be back contending again.

Slowly you can see this happening too. LA seems like it is getting better and better. If they can get Artest from Indiana and if Phil can control him like he did rodman, then LA looks to have the right pieces, to move back up to contenders by next season, with Kobe, Bynum, and Artest.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:

Bynum is flat out gonna be a stud if you ask me. The kid is barely 18 years old and he was holding his own against the greatest center in the game. He also has another all time great center teaching him, in Kareem. I really see this kid becoming a star in 2 or 3 years. Hopefully Phil reups his contract, so he will still be coaching then.

As far as Kobe vs Shaq, it's all BS to me. We all knew that Miami would be better then LA for a few years, after we traded shaq, that was obvious. We didn't maket he sahq trade, because we expected that it was gonna make us better the next season. Shaq was traded, basically because he didn't like Kobe and wanted a new contract for too much money, that he just isn't worth anymore at his age and with his injury problems. The Lakers got as much as they could for him and knew it would be 2 or 3 years of rebuilding, before they would be back contending again.

Slowly you can see this happening too. LA seems like it is getting better and better. If they can get Artest from Indiana and if Phil can control him like he did rodman, then LA looks to have the right pieces, to move back up to contenders by next season, with Kobe, Bynum, and Artest.
    I think that Phil CAN control Artest...and you are right...they will contend...maybe as early as THIS season if Bynum keeps improving and Artest can quickly fit in with the rest of the team. He would definitely give them a huge defensive presence and allow Bynum to just play his game with little or no pressure to win games. Phil will blow by jerkwad Auerbach's record for most championships...and the Lakers could blow by the Celtics' record for most team championships. Man, that would really make me happy!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12