Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Klinsmann withdraws....

"olson_10" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    this stinks..they need a coach that can teach their players to dive..thats one thing i notice when watching USA play soccer is that they never draw fouls because their players will not dive
    Good point....I also think we need to fill our roster with players from Europe and South America
    i HATE the fact that people abuse/disrespect the game by diving, and i love the way the americans handle that stuff by not making it into a dramatic broadway show..unfortunately thats how the most successful teams play the game, by jumping and diving left and right all over the field..i honestly feel the americans would benefit from playing that sorta soccer, and theyve had it tough with officials because of their physical style combined with other teams graceful flailing and diving
    I agree with you there.
    Diving seems to have gotten way out of hand.
    The sad thing about it is that it benefits teams too often for them to not do it.

Hopefully Bob Bradley will be a good enough interim coach for the team, and since I don't know who could possibly be the final option at this point, maybe he will be a good long term choie.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"Bdubya" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    this stinks..they need a coach that can teach their players to dive..thats one thing i notice when watching USA play soccer is that they never draw fouls because their players will not dive
    Good point....I also think we need to fill our roster with players from Europe and South America
    i HATE the fact that people abuse/disrespect the game by diving, and i love the way the americans handle that stuff by not making it into a dramatic broadway show..unfortunately thats how the most successful teams play the game, by jumping and diving left and right all over the field..i honestly feel the americans would benefit from playing that sorta soccer, and theyve had it tough with officials because of their physical style combined with other teams graceful flailing and diving
    I agree with you there.
    The sad thing about it is that it benefits teams too often for them to not do it.

Hopefully Bob Bradley will be a good enough interim coach for the team, and since I don't know who could possibly be the final option at this point, maybe he will be a good long term choie.
    that's why i hope that the FIfa is gonne use camera's like they do in Football.
    that would help alot like with a penalty, a goal and i don't know what else more
    as i noticed in the world cup 2006 that the refs think they are god and give way to many cards. like the Italy - Australia game, that was not a penalty!
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    I agree with you there.

that's why i hope that the FIfa is gonne use camera's like they do in Football.
    that would help alot like with a penalty, a goal and i don't know what else more
    as i noticed in the world cup 2006 that the refs think they are god and give way to many cards. like the Italy - Australia game, that was not a penalty!
    I agree to using video evidence to punish any player who dives but I would do it after the match so play wouldn't be held up by it. Just look at all the games the day after they are played, any conclusive evidence of diving one match ban to the offender, do it again out for two games and so on. I'm sure it would cut down on the cheats who are basically spoiling the game for everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12