Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Kids Youth Sports

Well PPOers I had to share my son typically plays basketball here in AZ. This year he really wanted to play football. I gotta say Football parents IMO are more intense. I know it seems silly and I have not measured hockey,baseball, tennis or some other sport. But I want to find out first does anyone else agree with the Football overall seems more intense.

BTW my sons team is small and getting their tails whipped but they don't quit.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Kids Youth Sports

I have coached both baseball and football for the past 6 years.
    Football parents are intense, but I have actually found that baseball parents are the worst...by far.
    The game is slower and they have a lot to bitch about with the umpires and opposing coaches.
    We had 1 game in which I thought there was going to be a brawl.

In football, if a player is a "dirty" player or does stuff like kick kids in the shins when the play is over (stuff like that happens a lot) there is something you can do about that right away.
    We played a team where when the whistle blew, our player would back off and head to the huddle whereas the other player either punched our player in the stomach or tried to ram him into the ground.
    At the time that "dirty" player was on Defense.
    So, we chose to run the ball right over him every play.
    We doubled him and the fullback, as the lead blocker, finished him off.
    He got ruffed up and eventually they took him out.

I guess you could say that's mean.
    Or, that's football.
    The other teams coaches were blind to something this obvious.
    If you want to play dirty and think you can get away with it..not against my team.
    We had another player body slam our QB after he threw the pass...a long time after it was released.
    Needless to say our other players saw this and they did what was needed.
    The kid got blocked "extra" hard and eventually had to be taken out of the game.

It's football.
    We do not raise pussy players.
    We raise football players!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

haha good point. We have a game in about 2 hrs. I can't wait, it's cool getting the little kids hyped. I've coached basketball and it's basically been the parents that wants their kids to stop sitting in front of the TV. Also I noticed with Football is SO much more family time is spent. It's kinda nice I take my baby girl to the park while he brother has practice.

It's funny you say baseball I'm trying to convince my son to join. All the baseball kids on our team are pretty good overall. Our current QB is really a baseball player. So I'm thinking it might be time to expose him to Baseball.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

We just won our football game making us 5-0 for the season.

Our defense has yet to give up a score.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I try to go to my little brothers games when I get a chance.

But its tough now that I'm in college. There are so many little kids in my town that want to play football that they actually have to split up each age group into two groups.

So theres the "A"(oldest) Blue and Whie
    "B" blue and white, and so on until D team which is 3-5th graders.

My neighbor who is my brothers age is on the Blue team, my brother is on the white, which is unfortunate because this kid is a freak. He's in 13, I don't know how tall he is probably about 5'7, 150, bench presses 185, he's been faster than me and all my friends since he was in like 5th grade, top of the nation in his age and weight groups as a wrestler, and is a filthy filthy running back and linebacker.

He is the most physically and athletically dominant 13 year old Ive ever seen. Everytime he steps on the field he is the fastest, strongest, and most talented. I've been trying to get him to drop his baseball career(according to my brother he's not that good) and to compete in track and field come high school like his dad(he was a thrower).

Basically he's a beast haha

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    We just won our football game making us 5-0 for the season.

Our defense has yet to give up a score.
    What have you spiked the juice boxes with?