josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Kids say the darndest things, home edition

This last Saturday, as my soon-to-be-5-year-old son and I were driving around, doing some last minute Mothers Day shopping, we were having a converstion about skeletons. I don't know how we got on the subject, but I found myself explaining that everyone has a skeleton ... and birds ... and the dog ... and, well, you get the idea. Then he hit me with a pretty good question.

I think I need to fill in the back-story here. Last Christmas, my son was evidently facing an inner quandry as he considered the conflicting messages around him. He finally came to his conclusion, and announced to us that "God makes people, Santa makes toys". What can I say? The kid gets it.

In any case, as we were driving on Saturday, he asks me, "how does God make people"? Doing what any good father of a young boy would do in that situation, I claimed ignorance. "I don't know", I said, "but it's pretty impressive, isn't it?"

"Yeah", he responded, "...for not using Legos".

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Kids say the darndest things, home edition

"josdin00" wrote:
    This last Saturday, as my soon-to-be-5-year-old son and I were driving around, doing some last minute Mothers Day shopping, we were having a converstion about skeletons. I don't know how we got on the subject, but I found myself explaining that everyone has a skeleton ... and birds ... and the dog ... and, well, you get the idea. Then he hit me with a pretty good question.

I think I need to fill in the back-story here. Last Christmas, my son was evidently facing an inner quandry as he considered the conflicting messages around him. He finally came to his conclusion, and announced to us that "God makes people, Santa makes toys". What can I say? The kid gets it.

In any case, as we were driving on Saturday, he asks me, "how does God make people"? Doing what any good father of a young boy would do in that situation, I claimed ignorance. "I don't know", I said, "but it's pretty impressive, isn't it?"

"Yeah", he responded, "...for not using Legos".
    LOL!!!!
    Thats fantastic.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Good story Jos, kids are great.

I don't know if this counts for this thread. It's not as funny, but just today, my boss were telling me about something his 2 year old daughter had said, that made him think about how he apparently sounds talking to the kids.

She asked if he had a good day at work. As he responded; 'yes', the obvious follow up question the kid had learned were this: 'Have you remembered to eat your lunch, dad?'

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Great stuff Jos.

Enjoy those stories now and try to remember them when they come up to you and tell you that they have been accepted into a college that is looking for $15,000.00 a year for 4 years to get thier degree.

Those kinds of memories soften the blow my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Great story, I'm bombarded by stuff like that every day, gotta love it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

My parents wouldn't tell me where babies came from so I had to ask my little brother.
    Little kids are smart