pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Kids make me laugh..

I went to church Sat night... so yesterday morning I decided to start out the day with a little game of catch in the yard... I decided I would just sit on the deck without my "fake" leg and play with the kids.

We are playing for a while and neighborhood boy swings into the yard. Apparently this particular kid had never seen me without "the leg" on before and was taken aback by it... so after a few moments of building the nerve to ask... he blurts out "what happened"?

So a little back story on this, I used to as a joke tell my kids that I got pushed overboard and a shark got me, don't know how that got started but anyway it has been a running story ever since.. So I popped this on this kid... eyes got really big then his face took on an intense look and he jumped on his bike and firmly said...

"I am going home and telling my Dad... we are going to go fishing a get your leg back"... and off he went in a blaze...

Now I should have made more of an attempt to stop him... but I can't wait to run into his dad, which I went to school with, to hear this kid’s version of the story he told...

The simple things in life, I find humorous I guess.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Re: Kids make me laugh..

That is a funny story.
    I can pretty much picture the kids face.
    On the other hand, impressive that you've become so comfortable with your injury that you can laugh at it!!!
    Props!!
    If life hands you lemons...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Excellent story my friend.

Probably not quite the same but I used to get a kick out of watching my Dad pop his false teeth out a kids in church.

Many a mother had to take a screaming kid out of church for no obvious reason.... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Hahaha, nice story... sweet kid.

I used to work in a Day Care during college, and I showed up for work around 1pm... right when they're waking up for their naps (they were 2-3 years old)... waking them up was guaranteed whining and crying for Mom...

Well, there was the one kid, Wyatt, who didn't do the screaming and crying thing. But one day I woke him up and said, "Want to go get a drink of water from the fountain Wyatt?" He rubs his eyes and says, "A cold drink of water would do me just fine right now, thank you."

I was stunned. I laughed for a good 5 minutes... then back to the whining and crying for Mom.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"mountainviking" wrote:
    That is a funny story.
    I can pretty much picture the kids face.
    On the other hand, impressive that you've become so comfortable with your injury that you can laugh at it!!!
    Props!!
    If life hands you lemons...
    One of our managers lost a leg just below the knee many years ago in a motorcycle accident.
    A couple years ago at a Christmas party, one of the young girls in the office asked him to dance with her.....
    With a very serious look on his face....he said..."Well ok....but just dont dance in a left hand circle or my leg will unscrew and I will fall over!"

The horrified look on her face was priceless!
    We were all smiling and laughing a bit at the comment....until he came back to the table after the dance....and said that she whispered to him on the dance floor....."will it really?"
    Everyone at the table fell out!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

I think I need to use that line in the future.. maybe an allen wrench adjustments to make it come alive so to speak.
    ;D