Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kidnappers blog

BigPep11 is offline Rookie

Re: Kidnappers blog

Yea, one of the responses said the waitress that reported them at denny's was the one who did it but then blamed it on the ex con. If anyone would actually believe that, something is seriously wrong.

Del Rio Guest

The one I was refering to was some asshat, says "the only thing I am sad about is he didn't have a chance to post about how good it was" refering to the girl.

Even if it was a kid joking around they need to be bitch slapped a bit.

IS IT FOOTBALL SEASON YET DAYUM???

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:

IS IT FOOTBALL SEASON YET DAYUM???
    AMEN

i actually discovered a tape i had from when i had to record the seahawks vs rams playoff game, i couldnt watch it cause i had to work.

i just watched it again last night cause i miss football.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I'm sure it is fairly certain he was a victim himself at one point in his life. But I agree that is no excuse for his actions.
    I agree...being a victim doesn't give that person or persons the right to retalilate...someone has to break the chain of abuse.

We also need to educate all potential victims to be vigilant for these predators...doesn't shift the responsibility of the whack jobs to get help...but anything that can improve the situation is still desirable.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"Caine" wrote:
    I read through a bit of the blog, and the thing that struck me most was the way this guy kept painting himself as a victim.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?

Yup. Honest to goodness, this guy felt that he - and other sex offenders - are all misunderstood and being victimized by society.

This is actually quite common. Criminals attempt to twist the perceptions of themselves and others into believing that they are somehow less guilty than they are...innocent if they can swing it. None of their behaviour is their fault. Either their victim led them on, seduced them, or teased them, or society somehow forced them to do what they did.

In spite of the fact that the Media misrepresented what he said (No suprise there), I can see in his writings that he was a prime candidate for recidivism. The blame was shifted away from himself, and on to society. He went so far as to compare sex offenders to the Jews in Nazi Germany in terms of persecution. I'm sure that Holocaust victims will rest easier knowing that.

What he failed to consider was that the Jews did absolutely NOTHING wrong. They simply existed. Sex Offenders victimized someone. And, in that regard, they share much more in common with the Nazis.

Caine
    "Fact: If we had treated Germany with even a little respect (i.e. Love) after WWI, She would have never let Hitler lead her."
    Posted by: Joe

Was this the quote that you were referring to? Or was there another that I missed? I think that you are correct when you say that criminals always consider themselves victims...it somehow justifies in their minds their heinous behavior...even when they know that said behavior is wrong.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    I read through a bit of the blog, and the thing that struck me most was the way this guy kept painting himself as a victim.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?

Yup. Honest to goodness, this guy felt that he - and other sex offenders - are all misunderstood and being victimized by society.

This is actually quite common. Criminals attempt to twist the perceptions of themselves and others into believing that they are somehow less guilty than they are...innocent if they can swing it. None of their behaviour is their fault. Either their victim led them on, seduced them, or teased them, or society somehow forced them to do what they did.

In spite of the fact that the Media misrepresented what he said (No suprise there), I can see in his writings that he was a prime candidate for recidivism. The blame was shifted away from himself, and on to society. He went so far as to compare sex offenders to the Jews in Nazi Germany in terms of persecution. I'm sure that Holocaust victims will rest easier knowing that.

What he failed to consider was that the Jews did absolutely NOTHING wrong. They simply existed. Sex Offenders victimized someone. And, in that regard, they share much more in common with the Nazis.

Caine
    "Fact: If we had treated Germany with even a little respect (i.e. Love) after WWI, She would have never let Hitler lead her."

Was this the quote that you were referring to? Or was there another that I missed? I think that you are correct when you say that criminals always consider themselves victims...it somehow justifies in their minds their heinous behavior...even when they know that said behavior is wrong.
    No, that wasn't the specific quote - it was actually an ongoing theme with him. He was riding that pony until it dropped.

Having been a victim does not give one the right to victimize other innocents. That's not justice, that's sick. You become that which you despise. I'm not sure if Joe was abused or not, I didn't see anything to that effect. I took his revenge issue to be with those who convicted him.

He also claims that only 12% of sexual offenders reoffend. The numbers I've seen are a LOT higher. Sexual predetaors do what they do because it turns them on. They LIKE it. It's either the sex or - most typically - the POWER they gain through the situation. And that feeling doesn't subside unless they have an epiphany and realize how horrible what they are doing/have done is.

Joe never got that. He never expressed remorse for his actions, he simply tried to justify them. To me, that screams "Recidivist"...and it was only a matter of time.

As for those who posted in support of Joe's actions - they should be beaten on principle.

Caine

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Joe never got that. He never expressed remorse for his actions, he simply tried to justify them. To me, that screams "Recidivist"...and it was only a matter of time.
    i never even thought about it that way.. very good point.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Del Rio Guest

I read an article on his past and he did show remorse in his earlier going ons. He actually asked for help a few times. Weather this is sincere or not I do not know.

All I know is the government sent him to some generic place for sex offenders some rehab type place when he was younger and he was sexually abused even more. Within the program. So Who knows.

Again I am not attempting to justify with this guy, he should fry no doubt. Hard to say exactly what is going on in his head really. Whatever it is isn't working out for society so bye bye as far as I am concerned.

He was abused as a child (so he claims) it stated that on the news. He hints to that even in the few blogs I read. Couldn't read too much. I type enough bullshit myself. Reading someone elses makes my eyes bleed.
    Something happened to this guy, people aren't born this way IMO.

"Caine" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:

WHAT?!?!?!?!?

Caine

No, that wasn't the specific quote - it was actually an ongoing theme with him. He was riding that pony until it dropped.

Having been a victim does not give one the right to victimize other innocents. That's not justice, that's sick. You become that which you despise. I'm not sure if Joe was abused or not, I didn't see anything to that effect. I took his revenge issue to be with those who convicted him.

He also claims that only 12% of sexual offenders reoffend. The numbers I've seen are a LOT higher. Sexual predetaors do what they do because it turns them on. They LIKE it. It's either the sex or - most typically - the POWER they gain through the situation. And that feeling doesn't subside unless they have an epiphany and realize how horrible what they are doing/have done is.

As for those who posted in support of Joe's actions - they should be beaten on principle.

Caine
    At the VERY LEAST, they should put them in a seperate colony (akin to an old-fashioned leper colony), and make them create their own society where they have to support themselves by farming, etc. Sort of a minimum security prison for life...to allow theme to live fairly normally, but not to be able to have any contact with potential victims.

OR we could just kill them all!!! :evil5:

Del Rio Guest

Sounds like the makings of a bad Ray Liotta movie.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast