Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32
  1. #11
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: KFC shoring up security for its secret recipe

    I do love me some KFC.
    Man, now I want to go to KFC.

  2. #12
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: KFC shoring up security for its secret recipe

    KFC is alright.
    The taste is OK but I always end up feeling sick afterwards...and usually hungry within a couple of hours.

  3. #13
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: KFC shoring up security for its secret recipe

    I thought maybe they hired duke the bloodhound from the Bush baked bean company.

  4. #14
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: KFC shoring up security for its secret recipe

    "happy" wrote:
    I would worry more about the hormones injected rather than the grease!


    We actually get our chicken from Tyson

    It comes in chicken and salt and the chickens are raised without injections

    Thanks tho

  5. #15
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: KFC shoring up security for its secret recipe

    I know you work at KFC and so do I (until I graduate, yay).

    The fact that KFC gets their chicken from a third party does not excuse turning a blind eye to whatever the third party does. If KFC knows something is wrong and does nothing about it, KFC is just as guilty and the third party.

    Make no mistake, KFC franchisees and corporation know whats going on. I've heard it straight from the owner of the store I work at.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  6. #16
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: KFC shoring up security for its secret recipe

    "happy" wrote:
    I know you work at KFC and so do I (until I graduate, yay).

    The fact that KFC gets their chicken from a third party does not excuse turning a blind eye to whatever the third party does. If KFC knows something is wrong and does nothing about it, KFC is just as guilty and the third party.

    Make no mistake, KFC franchisees and corporation know whats going on. I've heard it straight from the owner of the store I work at.

    They have tested the chicken and there is no antibiotics

    They use salt and water to enlarge it

    I know people that work for Tyson

    And Tyson backs thier chicken 100 percent.. People dont wanna eat it if it has additives

  7. #17
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: KFC shoring up security for its secret recipe

    This whole thing is just corporate branding and getting some headlines. It's not the first time KFC has tried this.
    A few years ago the president of KFC went to the Vatican to make a proposal to the Pope. He offered the pope 1million dollars if he would change the "our father" prayer from,
    Our Father, Who art in heaven
    Hallowed be Thy Name;
    Thy kingdom come,
    Thy will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven.
    Give us this day our daily bread,
    and forgive us our trespasses,
    as we forgive those who trespass against us;
    and lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from evil. Amen.
    to
    Our Father, Who art in heaven
    Hallowed be Thy Name;
    Thy kingdom come,
    Thy will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven.
    Give us this day our daily Chicken,
    and forgive us our trespasses,
    as we forgive those who trespass against us;
    and lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from evil. Amen.

    The Pope said no he could not change the our father to "Give us this day our daily chicken."
    The president was dissapointed but after consulting with the board members decided to up the offer to the Pope.
    This time he offered 10million to the pope. Again the pope said no he couldn't change the our father for 10million dollars..
    KFC was again very dissapointed as they had already planned a whole campaign around the new "our father" prayer. They decided to make one more offer.
    This time they went to the Pope and offered 100million dollars to change just 1 word in the our father. This time the pope though about all the good he could do for the world with 100 million dollars, so he agreed to run it by his Archbishops.
    The pope went to the Archbishops and said, " I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is I have found a way to raise 100 million dollars. The bad news is we'll lose the wonder bread account".

    Sorry if you heard that one before, it's pretty old.(and because I probably butchered it).

  8. #18
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: KFC shoring up security for its secret recipe

    KFC doesnt need headlines

    They have very good advertising and are a multi million dollar company


  9. #19
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: KFC shoring up security for its secret recipe

    "V4L" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    I know you work at KFC and so do I (until I graduate, yay).

    The fact that KFC gets their chicken from a third party does not excuse turning a blind eye to whatever the third party does. If KFC knows something is wrong and does nothing about it, KFC is just as guilty and the third party.

    Make no mistake, KFC franchisees and corporation know whats going on. I've heard it straight from the owner of the store I work at.

    They have tested the chicken and there is no antibiotics

    They use salt and water to enlarge it

    I know people that work for Tyson

    And Tyson backs thier chicken 100 percent.. People dont wanna eat it if it has additives
    When in doubt, turn to youtube.
    [youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-pb0LYwh4DQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

    [youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PFgbHK6yP2g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

    Dang tasty though, and at a fair price. ;D

  10. #20
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: KFC shoring up security for its secret recipe

    "V4L" wrote:
    KFC doesnt need headlines

    They have very good advertising and are a multi million dollar company

    Headlines don't hurt...especially when they don't revolve around mutated chickens from outer space.

    Do they need them?
    No.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for recipe..
    By Formo in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 12:40 PM
  2. Don’t tell the colonel! KFC recipe may be out
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 11:30 PM
  3. Cajun's Gumbo Recipe!!!!!
    By PacNWVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-01-2005, 08:24 PM
  4. Anyone have a kick A$$ Chili Recipe?
    By NordicNed in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-16-2005, 08:13 PM
  5. Vikings winning recipe
    By parsongeorge in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 08:17 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •