Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PurpleAndy is offline Starter

Kevin Williams nailed on methamphetamine charges...

It's a genuine shame :sad:

http://www.gillettenewsrecord.com/articles/2006/03/22/news/news07.txt

Gillette woman gets deferred sentence; may avoid prison

A woman whose husband went to federal prison on drug dealing charges will most likely avoid her own prison stint after a Campbell County judge gave her a second chance Tuesday.

Charla Kay Williams, 38, was charged with felony child endangerment by drugs Nov. 4, 2004. Officers found a tin with eight grams of methamphetamine in a bathroom drawer that contained items belonging to Williams and her three children, who were 7, 9 and 18 years old.

Her estranged husband Kevin Williams, who was on federal probation at the time, was sentenced July 5 to 71 months in prison on charges of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute and to distribute methamphetamine.

But District Court Judge Dan R. Price II deferred Charla Williams' sentence and placed her on five years of supervised probation. If Williams doesn't violate her probation, the drug-endangered child charge against her will be dismissed.

Both Williams' lawyer and prosecutors told the judge that Williams had shown a willingness to change since her arrest. She went to the hospital for counseling and got her commercial driver's license through a special program, they said.

“Over the past year and a half, my client has done a lot, not only with counseling, but also to better her life,” said Public Defender Carmen Patterson, Williams' attorney.

Prosecutor Bill Edelman also cited the relatively small amount of meth in Williams' home as a reason for the reduced sentence, as well as the fact that her husband is thought to be the primary person involved in drug dealing.

Williams got the deferment as part of a plea agreement with the state, in which she pleaded guilty to the drug-endangered child charges Jan. 24. Patterson told the judge then that a deferred sentence, as opposed to straight probation, would allow her to still get a hazardous materials endorsement on her CDL, thus making her more employable.

Price, while not bound by the recommendations, agreed with the lawyers' suggestions. In addition to the deferred sentence and probation, he also mandated that Williams continue counseling until she's released by the counseling center. She also must pay $185 in court costs and $1,431 in attorney's fees.

Before closing the sentencing, Price told Williams that she was fortunate to have received such a sentence, an admonishment that he said he gives at all deferments.

“You will have one chance at this deferral,” Price said. “It's a really good deal. This is really special. It's not something for you to take lightly.

“Take it from there, and make it work.”

- By JAMES WARDEN, News-Record Writer

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Kevin Williams nailed on methamphetamine charges...

Nice try. But after already being burned by Prophet this morning... I was on my guard this time. :wink:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

so is hegoing to jail or probation or what?

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Nice try. But after already being burned by Prophet this morning... I was on my guard this time. :wink:
    Ditto, I might have been more concerned had I not just read about BJ's "Power" concerns.

Prophet Guest

Hard time. Bet he wishes he was a different KWill.

PurpleAndy is offline Starter

Rats, I missed Prophet's article :sad:

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

Damn YOU Damn YOU i was about to shoot something when i read the top.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Youse wiseguy mugs are gettin' me sore....
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I should choke u til ur juggular pops hahaha!

WOW!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Stop doing this stuff to me people!! I was really nervous! And also wondering why it wasn't on ESPN!! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast