Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Rogers

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Kenny Rogers

I didn't see another post on this anywhere, which kind of surprised me, so if it's there and I missed it, sorry!

Anyways...

What do you guys think of the whole Kenny Rogers ordeal? I think he was waayyyy out of line. I don't care how pissed off you are at the media, you don't go and beat someone up. Knock the camera out of his hand, maybe understandable (not acceptable but understandable) but actually commit a crime against the guy? No way. They were saying on ESPN Radio today that if he was 25 you could understand it, but at 40 he should be more mature than that.

Also this wasn't the first incident! He punched a water cooler and broke his finger, and supposedly on tuesday he caused over 3,000 dollars worth of damage to the clubhouse, AND ripped down a poster of Nolan Ryan (which in Texas is heresy!)

The guy is a grade A idiot if you ask me. Here's the story if you missed it:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2097491

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Re: Kenny Rogers

this is a tough one since the media can be very slimey sometimes but he definetly lost his cool. :cussing:

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

There's always more to the story. The media can be extremely annoying, but you never hear about it because the story is always told from their point of view.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"V-Unit" wrote:
    There's always more to the story. The media can be extremely annoying, but you never hear about it because the story is always told from their point of view.
    I don't care what the media did - what Rogers did was inexcusable. Unless this media guy slept with his wife or something he should be ashamed of himself. Its bad enough when two sports players duke it out, but when you do that to a defenceless guy on the sidelines...

I hope he gets suspended for that

Thanks PPE for the sig.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

When he was with the Twins I thought he was very cool and collected and would have never wxpected this from him. This reminds me of something that Canseco or Bobby Bonilla would have done in their day.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

mark is offline Asst. Coach

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    I don't care what the media did - what Rogers did was inexcusable. Unless this media guy slept with his wife or something he should be ashamed of himself. Its bad enough when two sports players duke it out, but when you do that to a defenceless guy on the sidelines...

I hope he gets suspended for that
    the guy should of just left the camara on the ground instead of picking it up and putting it back in his face. Some media people are little weasles and im sure that guy was one.not that hes a weasle for picking it up but that just shows how annoying they can be.
    <!--
    sig -->

6-KINGS Guest

My sister in law works for the Rangers front office.
    And the skinny from there is the reporters were badgering Rogers for days that he should be pitching if he had not punched the cooler. And how he let his team down and the fans too.
    Kenny was doped on pain killers and well that local slimball reporter for Channel 4 mouthed off again, while the cameraman laughed and Kenny went for him. He got away and Kenny settled for the cameraman.
    Who "had" to be taken to the hospital.
    Oh brother...........
    His wife was on the TV asap hinting at money already.

Just another case of someone looking for free money.

Deal is, you mouth off be prepared to pay the price.
    Sometimes free speech comes with a BIG DOT at the end.

That is how I see it right now.

6-KINGS

6-KINGS Guest

Oh good Lord i just watched the channel 4 10 pm news.
    Kenny lead the newscast.
    The cameraman had to be helped across his livingroom by his wife. Then while he talked on camera he had a WalMart ice bag on his shoulder.
    I wish you could see his interview.
    What a con man!!!
    It is so obvious.

He didn't "want to file a lawsuit" but he felt he "must" just "to send a message."(since this happens so much ya know)

Mr Rodriqez is looking for mucho denaro porfavor

6-KINGS

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I think that he needs to shave off that beard and dye his hair brown...and quit singing those sappy, cheesy ballads like "Islands in the Stream"...

OH, you meant the OTHER Kenny Rogers? OOPS!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I find that pretty fricken funny.. He kicked the camera after he threw it down.. that was hilarious

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast