Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

JV MEDINA STORM - No Class!!

The Medina Storm went undefeated in their Championship season.
    Throughout the season they stomped all over their opponants, totaling 397 points and allowing only 13 points which came off of turnovers.

There has been talk lately about the New England Patriots of the NFL "running up the score" vs opponants throughout their campaign for an undefeated season, but even the Patriots have had points scored on them and even looked like they were going to lose a game vs the Colts early this year.

If these kids behave this way at the ages of 9-10, imagine how they will be in High School, College, or perhaps even the pro's.
    Then again, what do we expect with them having to grow up with role models as disgraceful as Tom Brady, Randy Moss, and Bill Belichick.

(lol, COMPLETELY in fun ultra <3 grats again to your son & u on the championship)

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: JV MEDINA STORM - No Class!!

Funny you should say that.

There was controversy surrounding us from day 1!
    In our preseason tournament the team we played in the championship game forfeited in the middle of the 3rd Quarter.
    They were beat-up so bad they quit (which is wrong in so many ways and a youth coach should not show that quitting is acceptable).

So after the win we were getting our trophies and opposing parents were heckling our players...these are kids being heckled by adults.
    BTW, this team is part of our city league and we know them and they know us.
    We were standing around talking talking after the game then on parent passes by and says "real nice of you guys to cheat".
    We kindly asked her to clarify, she could not.
    Apparently they called an ambulance after the game because one of their players was dizzy.
    He took the last hit before they quit (its the first hit in the video I have provided.
    That team looked like wandering sheep.
    Then another parent came over and was just yelling at us for cheating and playing "to physical" when we had the lead.
    We asked them to clarify and they said we should've "eased" up.
    How do you tell a player to not hit as hard?
    You do not.
    This is fricken football.
    Then another lady told me "I hope you and your whole team go to hell."
    I wanted to ask her what number her son was but did not.

After that mess, the teams in our own city would not scrimmage us.
    Parents told coaches that they would pull their kids out if they did.
    Coaches would not scrimmage us and they would rather scrimmage crap teams.
    You do not get better by doing that.

After another game, a parent approached one of our coaches acting like a wiseguy asking if our kids are on steroids, drove themselves to practice etc.

When you dominate and are on top people will try to find anything to criticize you with.
    Point is, this is football...we bleed on the practice field so we do not sweat in a game.
    We hit hard and we want to win.
    Football is a violent game played by violent people!

I posted the video I made in this thread:

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=39870.new#new

Take the time to download it.
    It is less than 2 minutes and it is 9-10 year olds dominating!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Those are some big fricken 9 and 10 year olds, especially on the DL.
    Wow.

How many kids are on the roster, and do they all get a chance to play if you have a big lead?
    Just curious?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Some things just aren't right, and parents themselves can be the worst part of the game.

Your story reminds me of my nephew, Jeremy.
    When he went out for the town league, they wouldn't let him play, just because of the fact that he was so huge and very powerfull for a 12 year old.

I told my sister to take the town to the courts, but she wouldn't......

I always pictured him as a tight end......

I hope I don't have the same problem with my son David, he's 7 now and will be going into football next season.
    I practice with him and coach him all the time. He loves the game of football already and he loves his Vikings.....Not many 7 year olds will sit thru a whole game and watch it seriously....He loves going to the UCONN games with me also.

People think I'm not telling the truth when I say he's only 7.
    He's as big or bigger than most of the 5th graders in his school, and he's only in 2nd grade.

I took him to watch the youth league this year and a coach approached me and asked was he new to the town and did he want to sign up for the league.....I said he's seven, and the coach dropped his jaw, then said something like, you make sure you bring him to me next year.....I'll never forget the look on his face...LOL.....

It's just not right when some kids are gifted, and yer they get punished for it......Just not right..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Wow.

How many kids are on the roster, and do they all get a chance to play if you have a big lead?
    Just curious?
    We keep the rosters small; we had 17 players.
    I have seen other teams with 25+.

WE only have 1 big player.
    The weight limit for the players is 140; and he is 130.
    The weight limit for a ball carrier is 110.
    Ultra Jr. is a whopping 84lbs. and can lay the wood.

Every player has to play at least 10 plays, and this is charted.
    Our non-starters get a lot more than 10.

When you are up by 3 scores, you have to change-out the starting QB, RB, FB, and WR.
    A lot of games we were up by 3 in the first quarter.
    So, the back-ups got a lot of reps this year...even more than the 1st string.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Wow.

Just curious?

When you are up by 3 scores, you have to change-out the starting QB, RB, FB, and WR.
    Then I can't see any justification for other parents complaining.

There is one important thing that your players are missing out on which the other kids aren't.
    A loss.
    Learning how to lose with dignity is a pretty important lesson.
    The parents of the other teams had the opportunity to teach this lesson, they just blew it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Funny you should say that.

There was controversy surrounding us from day 1!
    In our preseason tournament the team we played in the championship game forfeited in the middle of the 3rd Quarter.
    They were beat-up so bad they quit (which is wrong in so many ways and a youth coach should not show that quitting is acceptable).

So after the win we were getting our trophies and opposing parents were heckling our players...these are kids being heckled by adults.
    BTW, this team is part of our city league and we know them and they know us.
    We were standing around talking talking after the game then on parent passes by and says "real nice of you guys to cheat".
    We kindly asked her to clarify, she could not.
    Apparently they called an ambulance after the game because one of their players was dizzy.
    He took the last hit before they quit (its the first hit in the video I have provided.
    That team looked like wandering sheep.
    Then another parent came over and was just yelling at us for cheating and playing "to physical" when we had the lead.
    We asked them to clarify and they said we should've "eased" up.
    How do you tell a player to not hit as hard?
    You do not.
    This is fricken football.
    Then another lady told me "I hope you and your whole team go to hell."
    I wanted to ask her what number her son was but did not.

After that mess, the teams in our own city would not scrimmage us.
    Parents told coaches that they would pull their kids out if they did.
    Coaches would not scrimmage us and they would rather scrimmage crap teams.
    You do not get better by doing that.

After another game, a parent approached one of our coaches acting like a wiseguy asking if our kids are on steroids, drove themselves to practice etc.

When you dominate and are on top people will try to find anything to criticize you with.
    Point is, this is football...we bleed on the practice field so we do not sweat in a game.
    We hit hard and we want to win.
    Football is a violent game played by violent people!

I posted the video I made in this thread:

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=39870.new#new

Take the time to download it.
    It is less than 2 minutes and it is 9-10 year olds dominating!
    Are you trash talking? At 9 and 10 it really doesn't matter who wins it should just be for fun. Cangrats though on dominating those 3rd graders.

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Wow.

Just curious?

There is one important thing that your players are missing out on which the other kids aren't.
    A loss.
    The parents of the other teams had the opportunity to teach this lesson, they just blew it.
    See, our city has had crap HS football teams forever only making the playoffs once.
    The atmosphere is pathetic and a lot of that comes from the mentality of our city.
    We are trying to change that.
    The city that borders us to the North has always been a football powerhouse.
    They have beat us bad for years and this year went undefeated and are deep in the state playoffs.
    The atmosphere in that city is all about footnall.
    You go to their games and it is electric.
    At our games it is not.
    It is more a "poor Medina, we tried hard again" or they just blame the refs.
    It is so pathetic.
    I have thought for a long time that when Ultra Jr. reaches High School that we may send him to a Private School.
    The Private Schools here are football powerhouses.
    But, we are trying to change things.
    We stomp every city we would play in HS now and there should be no reason why we cannot in the future.

Here is a quote from the head coach of that team I mentioned.
    He is Brunswicks head coach and we are Medina:

At some schools, like, say, Medina, that would lead to parents calling The Gazette and leaving angry voicemail messages because Joey Jr. didn’t get enough credit for that TD pass he caught with the team up 42 in the fourth quarter.

Not at Brunswick. The Winners don’t worry about whose name is in the headline or who gets quoted in the story or who is in the big picture on the front page. All the Winners care about is winning, which is why they have six straight conference championships and seven straight playoff berths.

“It’s a ‘W,’” an elated Gribble said after recording a paltry two catches for 22 yards against Hoover. “I’ll take a win over seven touchdown passes in a game any day.”

That is the 100% truth.
    Alll parents care about in Medina is their own kids.
    I see that now as a youth coach.
    Why isn't Jimmy running the ball?
    Well, little Jimmy missed practice for soccer and he does not try at all.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Wow.

Just curious?

A loss.
    See, our city has had crap HS football teams forever only making the playoffs once.
    The atmosphere is pathetic and a lot of that comes from the mentality of our city.
    We are trying to change that.
    The city that borders us to the North has always been a football powerhouse.
    They have beat us bad for years and this year went undefeated and are deep in the state playoffs.
    The atmosphere in that city is all about footnall.
    You go to their games and it is electric.
    At our games it is not.
    It is more a "poor Medina, we tried hard again" or they just blame the refs.
    It is so pathetic.
    I have thought for a long time that when Ultra Jr. reaches High School that we may send him to a Private School.
    The Private Schools here are football powerhouses.
    But, we are trying to change things.
    We stomp every city we would play in HS now and there should be no reason why we cannot in the future.

Here is a quote from the head coach of that team I mentioned.
    He is Brunswicks head coach and we are Medina:

At some schools, like, say, Medina, that would lead to parents calling The Gazette and leaving angry voicemail messages because Joey Jr. didn’t get enough credit for that TD pass he caught with the team up 42 in the fourth quarter.

Not at Brunswick. The Winners don’t worry about whose name is in the headline or who gets quoted in the story or who is in the big picture on the front page. All the Winners care about is winning, which is why they have six straight conference championships and seven straight playoff berths.

“It’s a ‘W,’” an elated Gribble said after recording a paltry two catches for 22 yards against Hoover. “I’ll take a win over seven touchdown passes in a game any day.”

That is the 100% truth.
    Alll parents care about in Medina is their own kids.
    I see that now as a youth coach.
    Why isn't Jimmy running the ball?
    Well, little Jimmy missed practice for soccer and he does not try at all.
    You would really transfer your kid to a different school so that he could play on a better football team? Seriously that seems like bad sportsmanship. It is about playing a game not winning.
    Some parents take this stuff way too seriously, its just a game, there are alot more important things.

"jmcdon00" wrote:

Are you trash talking? At 9 and 10 it really doesn't matter who wins it should just be for fun. Cangrats though on dominating those 3rd graders.
    No, I am telling the truth.

These kids are 4th and 5th graders.
    They are 9-10 as of Aug. 1st.
    Most are 10-11 now.

We have 3 goals:

To learn how to play the game correctly
    To win
    To have fun

We accomplished all 3.
    Our parents were very happy with everything.
    Our less talented players got more playing time on our team than they would have on any other.

What is wrong with that?

BTW, do you have kids?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast