Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Rookie555 is offline Waterboy

Just some things b4 I go to ppo hell again

I am a loyal Vikings fan and am not one to bash on fellow PPO’ers but enough is enough.
    I am a member of multiple forums and have to admit this appears the most stuck-up of them all.
    There are a few people on this forum that just think so highly of themselves and cannot allow others to bask in the light of presenting new insight or articles w/o having “already posted” reply or some smartass comment because they don’t agree with others views.

Just because a thread was started a week ago and someone posted new information (or even the same information) it’s not that big a deal.
    Maybe the newbies or other people don’t want to use the search engine all the time or maybe they’re not going to dig through four pages to reach a particular article.
    This is all silly nonsense.

I have been an avid member of this forum for a while (originally Rookie444) until for some reason I was “Banished to PPO Hell”; man, that really sucked <sarcasm>.
    I’ve never seen so many grown folks spend so much of their time on a computer and take it so seriously.
    Is there a life other than this site?
    What will happen if the server crashes and you can’t post for a few days???
    Is this site that gol 'darnit important?
    I mean you can get all the same information on Pro Sports Daily w/o the slick willy head comments.

In closing, we are all Vikings fans and in turn are brothers alike.
    To get smartass with a fellow brother is not cool.
    What should be done is teaching and not being such a slick willy about it.
    Just some things to think about.

P.S. I will be waiting in PPO Hell again, but at least I was able to get some things off my chest.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Just some things b4 I go to ppo hell again

What did you do to be on Hell,Rookie555?
    El underdog.

"El" wrote:
    Spoke the truth.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Welcome to teh intranetz.

Harden up.

articles w/o having “already posted” reply
    This forum has so many members that we cannot allow everyone to post whatever article they want when they want. Otherwise 50% of the content here will be repeated.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

"happy" wrote:
    Welcome to teh intranetz.

Harden up.

articles w/o having “already posted” reply
    This forum has so many members that we cannot allow everyone to post whatever article they want when they want. Otherwise 50% of the content here will be repeated.
    you know what I mean.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"El" wrote:
    He's referring to this & directing it soley at me.

"Rookie555" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Already been posted.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=45135.140
    Date of this thread's article is 26 May, more current than the one you reference here (21 May); also from a different source.
    Singer, you are not the only one that posts news, let the newbies have some light/insight.

Just because someone mentions something is already posted doesn't mean it's bashing that person. It's simply to let them know it's already being discussed & nothing more.

It's sad that some people take it for something it's really not & take it out of context & twist it into a bashing post.

I'm sorry you take it that way. That is certainly not the intent. Not by a longshot.

Perhaps people don't want to use the search, but that is what it's for & the reason Ultra has it in under his sig.

I could give a rats ass who posted it first, whether it was me or someone else. We simply don't need multiple threads discussing the same topic or articles.

Have you ever thought about someones feelings who replied to the first article posted & it was a very good post only to have it buried & never read because someone else starts a new thread on the same article?

What about those posters?

Besides, it's not exactly "new insight" if it's already being discussed.

I'm not about to start a new thread for every single article that comes out when the subject is already being discussed in a relevant thread.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "El" wrote:

"Rookie555" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Already been posted.

Date of this thread's article is 26 May, more current than the one you reference here (21 May); also from a different source.
    Singer, you are not the only one that posts news, let the newbies have some light/insight.

Just because someone mentions something is already posted doesn't mean it's bashing that person. It's simply to let them know it's already being discussed & nothing more.

It's sad that some people take it for something it's really not & take it out of context & twist it into a bashing post.

Perhaps people don't want to use the search, but that is what it's for & the reason Ultra has it in under his sig.

I could give a rats jiggly butt who posted it first, whether it was me or someone else. We simply don't need multiple threads discussing the same topic or articles.

Have you ever thought about someones feelings who replied to the first article posted & it was a very good post only to have it buried & never read because someone else starts a new thread on the same article?

but then again, does it really matter who takes the credit if at all?
    I mean isn't this site to allow everyone to stay up-to-date with our beloved Vikings?
    what does it matter if a post is "buried" if it resurfaces and some newbie sees it, he gains the knowledge we are all spreading.
    too many times have i seen smartass replies because someone isn't getting credit for a story that he/she didn't write but only posted.

done.

"Rookie555" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "El" wrote:

"Rookie555" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Already been posted.

I could give a rats jiggly butt who posted it first, whether it was me or someone else. We simply don't need multiple threads discussing the same topic or articles.

I mean isn't this site to allow everyone to stay up-to-date with our beloved Vikings?
    what does it matter if a post is "buried" if it resurfaces and some newbie sees it, he gains the knowledge we are all spreading.
    too many times have i seen smartass replies because someone isn't getting credit for a story that he/she didn't write but only posted.

done.
    First & foremost. I am not being a smartass. I'm simply stating it's already been posted. Why do you feel just because someone mentions it that it is being a smartass reply? Have you got a nicer/politer way to put it it?

Funny how people twist three simple words into something it's not.

If OnlyVikes had posted it first & someone else posted it again, I'd say the same thing in that persons thread if they weren't a newb.

I could also give a rats ass about the credit. I neither ask for it nor expect it. It might be a big deal to you or others, but not to me.

All I care about is keeping this site that I love up to date with the current news. That's why I get up early in the morning to post it. So people coming in first thing in the morning like Marrdro & others
    have something fresh/new to read.

Many of us dislike seeing multiple threads on the same subject & it makes the mods job that much tougher.

"singersp" wrote:
    "Rookie555" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "El" wrote:

"Rookie555" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Already been posted.

done.
    First & foremost. I am not being a smartass. I'm simply stating it's already been posted. Why do you feel just because someone mentions it that it is being a smartass reply? Have you got a nicer/politer way to put it it?

Funny how people twist three simple words into something it's not.

If OnlyVikes had posted it first & someone else posted it again, I'd say the same thing in that persons thread if they weren't a newb.

I could also give a rats jiggly butt about the credit. I neither ask for it nor expect it. It might be a big deal to you or others, but not to me.

All I care about is keeping this site that I love up to date with the current news. That's why I get up early in the morning to post it. So people coming in first thing in the morning like Marrdro & others
    have something fresh/new to read.

Many of us dislike seeing multiple threads on the same subject & it makes the mods job that much tougher.
    In your bold statement you just contradicted youself.

"Rookie555" wrote:

That's the problem. It has to resurface first before anyone sees their post. When there are multiple threads on the same subject/article, the newer ones usually stay on top so that posters post doesn't resurface.

A lot of times those threads are eventually merged, but by that time his post is still buried because of the multiple pages of new posts that got merged from the duplicate thread into the existing one.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast