Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Re: "Just Shut Up" Award -presented by BonoSugaRay

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    After reading this entire thread, I think that I hit the mark on who I think should win the award.

Who is with me?
    you can't give him his own award...that would be like having a press conferense to announce your not ready to make an announcement :wink:

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    After reading this entire thread, I think that I hit the mark on who I think should win the award.

Who is with me?
    you can't give him his own award...that would be like having a press conferense to announce your not ready to make an announcement wink
    I was hoping to get to see him cry again

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    To be honest with you, Singersp,
    I don't feel like Favre NEEDS to MAKE any kind of decision RIGHT NOW. I mean, really, why are folks (esp. many of my Packer faithful) so darn concerned over whether or not he returns, this soon? It's no law that states he has to make up his mind months and months in advance. How many other professional athletes could retire come their sports' next season, and fans/media are RUSHING them to TELL them (as though it's their freakin' business) when they're going to do so? Just last NBA season, Indiana Pacers' guard Reggie Miller -during the middle of the season (right before all-star break, if I'm correct), stated that he was going to retire at the end of that season. This was a blow to Pacers' fans, but big freakin' woop-de-doo deal! How many baseball players, and other pros. have announced RIGHT BEFORE the start of their sports' regular season, that they were going to retire? There HAVE been some. And nothing's wrong with it. Moreover, going back to NBA, the Orlando Magic's guard Grant Hill has been plagued with injuries that have pretty much put a hault to his -what would've been- very hall-o-fameish career...the guy, if lucky, avgs. about 20 games a 82-game season, since Tracy McGrady and he signed to the Magic YEARS ago. No one is calling him to the "gas chamber"...forcing him to tell whether or not this season will be his last...esp. with all the money he's eating up in Orlando, and barely plays.
    MOREOVER,
    It's not Favre, IMO, who is causing all this drama. He's not the one telling the media to come visit him at his home, or on the golf course, or while he's doing some charity work with Steve McNair, to question his future. Favre only speaks when spoken to. It's the media and fans who are shooting bullets in a corps, not Favre. And sadly, they are starting to make Favre look like the bad guy, b/c he won't make up his mind as fast as they would like him to. I feel sorry for the guy. He has done nothing wrong.
    No offense, bono...but the Reggie Miller situation doesn't even compare to the Favre scenario. Reggie's announcement didn't hamper Indiana's ability to make moves during the offseason...Favre's delay has! Many athletes announce at the beginning of the season that the UPCOMING season will be their last...BUT they DON'T just say that they won't be playing and hang them up. Favre is playing a game with the Packers and the Packer fans...if you and your Packer buddies want to put up with that crap, by all means, enjoy it. I wouldn't put up with that crap...I think that the Packers should just cut him and move on...by keeping him, they are just delaying the inevitable rebuilding process. Heck, even San Francisco traded Joe Montana...and he was a BETTER QB than Favre...4 Super Bowl wins to 1...not even a contest!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Who is with me?
    Well I am!

And these two guys...

These kids too...

And all of these people...

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    To be honest with you, Singersp,
    I don't feel like Favre NEEDS to MAKE any kind of decision RIGHT NOW. I mean, really, why are folks (esp. many of my Packer faithful) so darn concerned over whether or not he returns, this soon? It's no law that states he has to make up his mind months and months in advance. How many other professional athletes could retire come their sports' next season, and fans/media are RUSHING them to TELL them (as though it's their freakin' business) when they're going to do so? Just last NBA season, Indiana Pacers' guard Reggie Miller -during the middle of the season (right before all-star break, if I'm correct), stated that he was going to retire at the end of that season. This was a blow to Pacers' fans, but big freakin' woop-de-doo deal! How many baseball players, and other pros. have announced RIGHT BEFORE the start of their sports' regular season, that they were going to retire? There HAVE been some. And nothing's wrong with it. Moreover, going back to NBA, the Orlando Magic's guard Grant Hill has been plagued with injuries that have pretty much put a hault to his -what would've been- very hall-o-fameish career...the guy, if lucky, avgs. about 20 games a 82-game season, since Tracy McGrady and he signed to the Magic YEARS ago. No one is calling him to the "gas chamber"...forcing him to tell whether or not this season will be his last...esp. with all the money he's eating up in Orlando, and barely plays.
    MOREOVER,
    It's not Favre, IMO, who is causing all this drama. He's not the one telling the media to come visit him at his home, or on the golf course, or while he's doing some charity work with Steve McNair, to question his future. Favre only speaks when spoken to. It's the media and fans who are shooting bullets in a corps, not Favre. And sadly, they are starting to make Favre look like the bad guy, b/c he won't make up his mind as fast as they would like him to. I feel sorry for the guy. He has done nothing wrong.
    No offense, bono...but the Reggie Miller situation doesn't even compare to the Favre scenario. Reggie's announcement didn't hamper Indiana's ability to make moves during the offseason...Favre's delay has! Many athletes announce at the beginning of the season that the UPCOMING season will be their last...BUT they DON'T just say that they won't be playing and hang them up. Favre is playing a game with the Packers and the Packer fans...if you and your Packer buddies want to put up with that crap, by all means, enjoy it. I wouldn't put up with that crap...I think that the Packers should just cut him and move on...by keeping him, they are just delaying the inevitable rebuilding process. Heck, even San Francisco traded Joe Montana...and he was a BETTER QB than Favre...4 Super Bowl wins to 1...not even a contest!!!
    If he stays and throws another buttload of interceptions that's all he will be rembered for and look more like a fool than he already is

bono is offline Hall of Famer

Cajun,
    Favre is not stopping the Packers from moving forward. Why do folks keep thinking/giving this guy all this kind of power? He's a football player just like the rest. He gets no special treatment. The Packers' org. shouldn't feel like they have to stop, drop and roll at the beat of Favre's heart. And if I'm seeing things correctly, Favre has YET to put a gun to any of the Packers' org. folks' heads.
    You can't blame Favre for being on the high horse he's on. He said it himself: "what are they going to do, cut me?" In other words, he's saying if the Packers future success lies on whether or not he retires...can't wait another minute for a decision, freakin' cut him already. He won't be mad. DO IT! DO IT!
    He's beggin' ya, Thompson!!!!!! FREAKIN' DO IT!!!! Don't make him out to be the "smooth criminal"/the reason behind the Packers' demise.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

"bono" wrote:
    Cajun,
    Favre is not stopping the Packers from moving forward. Why do folks keep thinking/giving this guy all this kind of power? He's a football player just like the rest. He gets no special treatment. The Packers' org. shouldn't feel like they have to stop, drop and roll at the beat of Favre's heart. And if I'm seeing things correctly, Favre has YET to put a gun to any of the Packers' org. folks' heads.
    You can't blame Favre for being on the high horse he's on. He said it himself "what are they going to do, cut me?" In other words, he's saying if the Packers future success lies on whether or not he retires...can't wait another minute for a decision, freakin' cut him already. He won't be mad. DO IT! DO IT!
    He's beggin' ya, Thompson!!!!!! FREAKIN' DO IT!!!! Don't make him out to be the "smooth criminal"/the reason behind the Packers' demise.
    He hasn't had enough tragedy in his family, he needs another year to make up his mind either that or being sober has made it hard for him to think

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    Cajun,
    You can't blame Favre for being on the high horse he's on. He said it himself: "what are they going to do, cut me?" In other words, he's saying if the Packers future success lies on whether or not he retires...can't wait another minute for a decision, freakin' cut him already. He won't be mad. DO IT! DO IT!
    Well then, get mad at the Packers...because they SHOULD just CUT him!!! They are the ones crapping on you Packer fans if you feel that Favre isn't!!! Either way, you Pack fans need to get mad...otherwise, you are all in for another CRAPPY season...not that I mind in the least! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

bono is offline Hall of Famer

West,
    "He hasn't had enough tragedy in his family"? What is that suppose to mean? Now, that's very cruel of you. Don't say stuff like that, man.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    Cajun,
    You can't blame Favre for being on the high horse he's on. He said it himself "what are they going to do, cut me?" In other words, he's saying if the Packers future success lies on whether or not he retires...can't wait another minute for a decision, freakin' cut him already. He won't be mad. DO IT! DO IT!
    Well then, get mad at the Packers...because they SHOULD just CUT him!!! They are the ones crapping on you Packer fans if you feel that Favre isn't!!! Either way, you Pack fans need to get mad...otherwise, you are all in for another CRAPPY season...not that I mind in the least! lol
    Interception Interception, Interception

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast