Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Just got a ticket

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Because my Viking license plate holder covers up half of my annual state registration ticket thingy... what a bunch of crap :evil:
    I guess the cop was a Packers Fan! :evil:

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Because my Viking license plate holder covers up half of my annual state registration ticket thingy... what a bunch of crap evil
    I guess the cop was a Packers Fan! evil
    bears

Prophet Guest

I received this in an e-mail. Don't know if there is any truth to it, but it seems reasonable.

IF YOU GET A TRAFFIC TICKET

This system has been tried and it works in every province. If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may be, you're going to get points on your license, this is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get the points. When you get your fine, send in a check to pay for it. If the fine is $79.00 make the check out for $82.00 or some small amount over the fine. The system will then have to send you back a check for the difference, however here is the trick.

DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK! Throw it away! Points are not assessed to your license until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are NOT complete. The system has received it's money and is satisfied and will no longer bother you. This information comes from an unmentionable computer company that sets up the standard databases used by every province. Send this to everyone you know. You never know when they may need a break.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    I received this in an e-mail. Don't know if there is any truth to it, but it seems reasonable.

This system has been tried and it works in every province. If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may be, you're going to get points on your license, this is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get the points. When you get your fine, send in a check to pay for it. If the fine is $79.00 make the check out for $82.00 or some small amount over the fine. The system will then have to send you back a check for the difference, however here is the trick.

DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK! Throw it away! Points are not assessed to your license until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are NOT complete. The system has received it's money and is satisfied and will no longer bother you. This information comes from an unmentionable computer company that sets up the standard databases used by every province. Send this to everyone you know. You never know when they may need a break.
    [size=18px]COMPLETELY FALSE[/size]

http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/ticket.asp

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

=Z=
    Thanks, I forgot I could check into it. Seemed plausible, back in my speeding ticket days I would have tried anything....other then slowing down.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

=Z=
    Thanks, I forgot I could check into it. Seemed plausible, back in my speeding ticket days I would have tried anything....other then slowing down.
    I love Snopes. Easily one of my top 5 internet sites.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Holy Cow, you hit a school bus. I'll bet they threw the book at you.
    I haven't had a ticket in about 20 years.
    :scratch: I thought you were a season ticket holder? :grin:
    I haven't had a Viking season ticket for over 20 years, either. Last Vikes game I went to where they played at home was in 1981.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123