Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

?Johan Santana Last Home Stand 9/21?

Johan pitches this friday 9/21, it could possibly and more than likely will be his last start as a Twin in the Metrodome at home. I find it highly unlikely they will resign him. Make sure you all get out and support one one the greatest if not the Greatest pitcher of Twins history. Plus the game is against the White Sox, who could ask for more.

Re: ?Johan Santana Last Home Stand 9/21?

Bring him to the Cubbies!!!! ;D...............But i highly doubt that will be his last homegame. The Twins are nuts if they let him go! This will be Torri Hunters last one so you guys should pay your respects to him. Bring Hunter to Chicago to!!!!!! ;D

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

He is signed through next year. Unless we trade him away during the offseason, which is a possiblity, he will at least be in Minnesota one more year. Tori Hunter, on the other hand, is a FA this offseason. I really do not see us resigning him. Only way I see that is if big changes happened with Terry Ryan stepping down.

Thanks Josdin

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    He is signed through next year. Unless we trade him away during the offseason, which is a possiblity, he will at least be in Minnesota one more year. Tori Hunter, on the other hand, is a FA this offseason. I really do not see us resigning him. Only way I see that is if big changes happened with Terry Ryan stepping down.
    He will get traded to the Yankees!
    YEAH!!!
    8)
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    YEAH!!!
    8)
    Only if you throw in Cano, and some of your other prospects. Despite his pretty lousy year, some of it could be contributed to the lack of run support, he is still one of the top lefties in all of baseball. He does need to learn how to keep the ball in the park because he's leading the AL in homers allowed. With the rest of the talent in our pitching staff, I'd be willing to deal him to another team for a already proven 3rd basemen, DH, and maybe LF. Kubel might hold down that spot for the next couple of years.

Thanks Josdin

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    YEAH!!!
    8)
    Only if you throw in Cano, and some of your other prospects. Despite his pretty lousy year, some of it could be contributed to the lack of run support, he is still one of the top lefties in all of baseball. He does need to learn how to keep the ball in the park because he's leading the AL in homers allowed. With the rest of the talent in our pitching staff, I'd be willing to deal him to another team for a already proven 3rd basemen, DH, and maybe LF. Kubel might hold down that spot for the next couple of years.
    UNLESS you guys plan to resign him, you won't be in the trade driver's seat...you might have to take what is offered...and it wouldn't be Cano.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    YEAH!!!
    8)
    UNLESS you guys plan to resign him, you won't be in the trade driver's seat...you might have to take what is offered...and it wouldn't be Cano.
    If that is the case what the Twins will probably do is see how we are doing next year. If we are doing lousy and are completely out of the race, trade him to some team that is on the brink of winning it all. Then we would be in the drivers seat again. If we put Santana on the trading block next season midway through teams would be offering a whole heck of a lot.

Thanks Josdin

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

We should probably trade him for young talent and build towards the future.

Still I would rather they keep him and try to win a championship next year. If Liriano can come back and be near they level he was in 06 they would have the top 2 pitchers in the American league. Pick up one or two free agents and they could
    be a very difficult team to beat.

tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

if the twins were gonna trade him, the sox would beat anything the yanks offered anyway, so don't get your hopes up cajun. ortiz has been lobbying for santana to come to the sox for years, so that'd work in our favor too

How do ya like them apples?!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"tjohnson" wrote:
    if the twins were gonna trade him, the sox would beat anything the yanks offered anyway, so don't get your hopes up cajun. ortiz has been lobbying for santana to come to the sox for years, so that'd work in our favor too
    The sox and yankees both suck. Especially the yankees. They spend more per win than any other team in baseball.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast