12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Jim Joyce and the Blown Call

I've recently become an actual twins fan, basically the beginning of the season, and I realize that I'm supposed to hate the tigers, and believe me, I'm trying. Its just not there yet, maybe after a few years of really following them I'll develop a hatred for the tigers close to what I feel for the packers, but I doubt it will compare.

Anyways, to the call. I was really hoping that the pitcher wouldn't get a perfect game, just so tigers fans won't have anything to brag about. But I didn't want them to miss out on the game by a terrible call, that is ridiculous.

Should the call be reversed? A lot of people think it should, a lot of people think it shouldn't. I think if nothing else, they should implement an instant replay for situations like that, where a blown call can cost someone their chance at history. I feel bad for the pitcher and the tiger org., but stuff happens like that. If anyone knows about bad calls, its the vikings.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THERE WAS NO CONTACT ON THAT STUPID PI CALL IN OT IN THE NFCCG, WHAT A HORRIBLE CALL!!! I really wanted to get that out of my system. I hate refs.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re:Jim Joyce and the Blown Call

Well don't get your hopes up...it's not getting reversed.

Selig won't reverse umpire's bad call

As a Twins fan, I hate the Tigers. But still, a perfect game is above any rivalry IMO...especially when the game was a win for them either way.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

It was the wrong call. Happens every freaking day in sports. Just because this one could not have happened at a worse times does not make it any worse than any other bad call during a game.

Can you imagine how big of a deal would it have been if the Tigers ended up losing that game?
    We're bringing purple back.

gregair13 wrote:
    It was the wrong call. Happens every freaking day in sports. Just because this one could not have happened at a worse times does not make it any worse than any other bad call during a game.

Can you imagine how big of a deal would it have been if the Tigers ended up losing that game?
    The thing is, the timing did make it worse than normal. The fact that is was such an obvious wrong call helps it, as well.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf