Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Jersey Etiquette Questions (otherwise known as help from Hel

[size=18px]Jersey Etiquette Questions (otherwise known as help from Heloise)[/size]

[size=14px]Help me out here, I have some Vikings jersey etiquette/procedure questions...Bear with me on this...

OK lets just say that someone (I'm not mentioning any names) decided to wear their pretty much new Culpepper authentic jersey to a dinner get together of a bunch of couples in their neighborhood (I wont even get into the looks I got from my wife when she asked me earlier in the day when I was wearing an old replica Moss jersey that has been relegated to work wear whether I was planning on wearing that tonight, and I said "Of course not, I will put on some better jeans and wear Culpepper." That is another story for another time).

Anyway lets just say that Culpepper was pretty new, having been worn for a couple games but never washed. Because lets face it we all know that in getting a favorite lucky jersey "Seasoned" and broke in you never wash a jersey after a win or a good game. And since I had only wore it for the Packers playoff game, and the Final playoff game (I wasn't that overly disappointed with our play, especially Pep's) so I didn't wash it.

All right at this point I have to digress and explain how we got to this point with Culpepper. For the last several years I have been wearing the aforementioned Moss replica jersey because my wife had bought it for me (I was still wearing Carter at that point). So it was a dicey move when midway through this season I pulled the trigger on a gorgeous purple Moss authentic jersey. It was with great trepidation that I had to work the Authentic into the rotation and see when my wife would notice that it wasn't the same cheap old replica that she had gotten me. I explained to her how great of a deal I had gotten on the jersey. So you can imagine my horror when I found out my Moss authentic was a lemon (from a karma standpoint) and we began to lose every game when I wore it. Well, this called for drastic measures. How do I quit wearing the authentic jersey that my wife knows I paid big bucks for just because I thought it had bad karma (wives just don't seem to understand that kind of stuff). Well, my prayers were answered when I noticed that Moss's "4" was coming loose off his back, and I had to mail it back to Reebok on a return authorization. Well, of course I needed a new jersey with the playoffs looming, so I picked up a Culpepper authentic (I figured why temp fate, maybe it was Moss that was bad luck) for the last couple games. Now my wife isn't always the most perceptive one, but I thought she might notice the difference between my purple Moss authentic and this white Culpepper authentic, so of course I had to come up with a good story about how Reebok replaced my faulty jersey. And that is how I ended up with a new Culpepper authentic jersey with only two games under its belt.

Anyway I have digressed enough, back to the question......

OK so if I (I mean if someone) were wearing a white Culpepper authentic jersey knowing this background, and they were at this neighborhood party as the night (and the adult beverages) progressed. And some lightweight (probably a closet Packers fan) looses control at one of my many hilarious jokes and sprays red wine out of his mouth (and nose as well, but none of that got near me) and gets some splatter on Culpepper. Now comes the important etiquette/procedure question. Do you spot treat the offending spots and try to return your beautiful authentic jersey to its pristine condition, or do you leave them in there as a scar or badge of honor. Recalling how someone spilled wine on you, or better yet embellishing the story to say that it was a stain from blood splattered off the lip of some opposing teams fan who got out of line?

What is a guy to do?????

Thanks for any input.[/size]

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Jersey Etiquette Questions (otherwise known as help from

I gave up on reading that like 3 words into it....sry

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    I gave up on reading that like 3 words into it....sry
    yr los sry.

If yu ar a bsy gy wh dsnt evn hv tim t typ vwls, I m sry to hv tkn up sm of yr vlbl tim wth a ltl hmr.

Translation:

Your loss sorry.

If you are a busy guy who doesnt even have time to type vowels I am sorry to have taken up some of your valuable time with a little humor.

(editors note: very little humor).
    But then again, if you are that crunched for time I am sure you wont take the time to look at this thread again to accept my apology. Maybe we should start labeling some of these threads "Nothing really important, if you are crunched for time dont bother reading."

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

If it was me, I'd probably try to return the jersey back to perfection. That's just what I'd do.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"Vikes2611" wrote:
    If it was me, I'd probably try to return the jersey back to perfection. That's just what I'd do.

I would too, cuase they're d@mn expensive. How much did you pay for that authentic daunte jersey, if you don't mind me asking? I want to get an authentic jersey of my boy smoot, but have only found them for like $250. I am waiting for there to be some on EBAY, but have yet to see 1 on EBAY.

If it was a blood stain, or actually looked like blood, I would definitely keep it, cause that would look cool. :grin:

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

yeah dude dont tell anyone that it's red wine if you cant get it out. Just tell people that you punched a bear's fan in the stomach and his mouth erupted woth blood due to internal bleeding
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"vegasvike" wrote:
    yeah dude dont tell anyone that it's red wine if you cant get it out. Just tell people that you punched a bear's fan in the stomach and his mouth erupted woth blood due to internal bleeding
    Ha! Thats believable! :lol:

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I'd return it back to it's original shape. It just looks nicer that way.

One other question....were you by any chance an English major in college? Because seriously, you used digress, trepidation, etiquette, relegated, and embellishing all within that post. I know those words aren't THAT big, but damn those are all at least 3 syllables! (ok, I know digress isn't, but still) and then you went on to misspell "lose" we began to loose every game when I wore it.Haha, I'm just kidding with you...Thank God this isn't a Packers fansite though. You'd be kicked off for using words they don't understand!

"ltrey33" wrote:
    were you by any chance an English major in college? Because seriously, you used digress, trepidation, etiquette, relegated, and embellishing all within that post. I know those words aren't THAT big, but gol 'darnit those are all at least 3 syllables! (ok, I know digress isn't, but still) and then you went on to misspell "lose" we began to loose every game when I wore it.Haha, I'm just kidding with you...Thank God this isn't a Packers fansite though. You'd be kicked off for using words they don't understand!
    By the way no I am an Engineer which is even more dangerous than an English major. We know all those big words, but I dont know how to properly structure a sentance (which you probably all noticed.) I probably leave my modifiers dangling when I shouldn't (and we all know how embarrassing that can be.)

Thanks for the heads up, you know if spell check doesnt catch it, I never pick up on those typo's. When your typo happens to be another word, it always slips through for me. But you picked up on the use of large words to discourage Packers fans from infiltrating our beloved site, you are astute.

Glad you understood the post for what it was meant to be, an attempt (however feeble) at humor.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Depends on how big the stain is and how much it looks like it could be blood from a Packer fan LOL. If the stain is big and noticable I would try to return it to its original glory.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast