Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Jerry Falwell Dead?

"Zeus" wrote:

Was Falwell the one who talked about the 900-foot tall horse who God was sending for him?
    Or was that Pat Robertson...?

=Z=
    Not sure, but if so, I hope that he was right; God sending a 900-foot tall horse to kick his freakin' teeth in for all eternity would make me smile...
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"shockzilla" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Shock, the "Call Him Home" thing was Oral Roberts

Farwell Falwell.

Don't let Tinky Winky's Purse hit you in the head when you enter hell

My bad...
    They all turned out to be the same anyways, Jim Baker, Oral roberts, Falwell. They were not "so good" and christian as they were made out to be.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

They all turned out to be the same anyways, Jim Baker, Oral roberts, Falwell. They were not "so good" and christian as they were made out to be.
    Its been said, ....."Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven" :

Back in the day I was a bit of a Bible Thumper.
    No alcohol, no cussing, quit smoking etc etc.
    I even taught Sunday school (Teens) and held services for the youth (5-13 year olds) while the preacher held services for the adult.

For reasons I won't go into here, I no longer do that.
    Sometimes it is with sadness that I say that.

Whether I agreed or disagreed with some of his stances are pointless.
    What really matters is whether or not he was truly forgiven.

What is the bottom line of God's forgiveness? He has seen me at my worst and still loves me; because He knows everything I've ever thought or done, there are no skeletons in my closet; His love for me cannot be earned and therefore cannot be lost.
    The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust (Psalm 103:8-14).

Christ not only removes my condemnation and considers me innocent, he declares me righteous. I am as acceptable, yes commendable, to the Father as Christ himself (2 Corinthians 5:21). God is totally and irreversibly satisfied with me because He is totally and irreversibly satisfied with Christ's work on my behalf (1 John 2:2, 4:10).
    I for one forgive him and hope, as with all souls, that he was forgiven.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    cnn.com

The Rev. Jerry Falwell was hospitalized in "gravely serious" condition after being found unconscious in his office Tuesday, a Liberty University executive said.

Wow hope for the best.
    Here's a link that works:
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/15/jerry.falwell.ap/index.html

Was Falwell the one who talked about the 900-foot tall horse who God was sending for him?

=Z=
    Pat Robertson is about as looney as it gets, Falwell wasn't far behind.

eg. In February 1999, an article in Falwell's National Liberty Journal suggested that a Teletubbies character, Tinky Winky, could be a hidden homosexual symbol, because the character was purple (which the article claimed was a color symbolic of homosexuality), had an inverted triangle on his head and carried a handbag.

He said this about Martin Luther King: "I do question the sincerity of people like the Reverend Martin Luther King..."

Falwell remarked, "AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals."

RIP!

(I am quoting jargomcfargo but I am replying to all who speak ill of the late Jerry Falwell.

And no I was not a fan or a follower)

You should be so lucky to have a conviction about anything.
    They (Falwell & Robertson) may not have said everything right or done everything right but they truly believed in God and worked for him.
    And even if it isn't true and they are conmen the does not mean that their followers are lemmings.
    It means that they are caring people who feel for their fellow man and try to help out the best they can.
    There efforts will be seen by God and to the scammers there will be retribution.
    How many of the enlightened people that are putting this man down have done anything for your fellow man.
    Most of you typing this trash about a dead man don't do squat but worry about yourselves.
    He who is without sin cast the first stone.
    Most of you monkies don't give a rat's jiggly butt about anyone but yourselves.

And some are equating him with muslim extremists- Have you gone mad!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He never preached that any infidel that does not believe in JESUS should be killed or subjugated for their beliefs.
    He never preached that you should strap bombs to children, women and young men in the name of Jesus.
    You guys have no idea what you are saying and to equate the two lessens YOUR integrity and intelligence.

And no one knows what the intensions were when the person made the purple teletubby.
    Falwell was not smart to say that and you are not smart to say otherwise.
    The only one who can say what he designed is the maker of the show.
    And even if he agreed with you or Falwell there is a chance he could be lying.
    So the truth lies with him.

While Martin Luther King was a great man there were paople who did not necessarily believe his intentions were so pure.
    That included the muslim leaders at the time,
    Malcolm X did not agree with MLK also.

AIDS may be the wrath of God, so may be cancer.
    While that statement is rediculous, you can not prove what God has intended.
    Remember he flooded the Earth because of sin and depravity.
    Was Soddom and Gomora any worse than some of the big cities of this day.

Finally I am not saying Jerry Falwell was a good man or a bad man.
    Many of you may be right and he hoodwinked his congregation.
    Some may believe he was a man of God but to wish any ill on him because you don't agree with him is wrong.
    Using your logic someone probably hates you, that is the nature of the world, that leaves you out of heaven.
    Everyone has someone that doesn't like them that means no one would be in heaven using that logic (Someone wrote that he hopes he is in HELL). Jesus was despised by the Sanhedron and put to death.
    Someone said that you don't have to be kind and you don't.
    But no one is perfect; there was only one perfect person, so everyone needs forgiveness.
    But your lack of respect doesn't hurt Falwell he is gone and doesn't know any of you; it only lowers your standing as a human being.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Regardless of your beliefs you have to give him credit for having a spine and standing up for what he believed in.
    Most people cower in the corner if they have to go against the politically correct movement of the moment.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    cnn.com

The Rev. Jerry Falwell was hospitalized in "gravely serious" condition after being found unconscious in his office Tuesday, a Liberty University executive said.

Wow hope for the best.

=Z=

eg. In February 1999, an article in Falwell's National Liberty Journal suggested that a Teletubbies character, Tinky Winky, could be a hidden homosexual symbol, because the character was purple (which the article claimed was a color symbolic of homosexuality), had an inverted triangle on his head and carried a handbag.

He said this about Martin Luther King: "I do question the sincerity of people like the Reverend Martin Luther King..."

RIP!

(I am quoting jargomcfargo but I am replying to all who speak ill of the late Jerry Falwell.

They (Falwell & Robertson) may not have said everything right or done everything right but they truly believed in God and worked for him.
    And even if it isn't true and they are conmen the does not mean that their followers are lemmings.
    It means that they are caring people who feel for their fellow man and try to help out the best they can.
    There efforts will be seen by God and to the scammers there will be retribution.
    How many of the enlightened people that are putting this man down have done anything for your fellow man.
    Most of you typing this trash about a dead man don't do squat but worry about yourselves.

He never preached that any infidel that does not believe in JESUS should be killed or subjugated for their beliefs.
    He never preached that you should strap bombs to children, women and young men in the name of Jesus.
    You guys have no idea what you are saying and to equate the two lessens YOUR integrity and intelligence.

And no one knows what the intensions were when the person made the purple teletubby.

While Martin Luther King was a great man there were paople who did not necessarily believe his intentions were so pure.

Some may believe he was a man of God but to wish any ill on him because you don't agree with him is wrong.
    Using your logic someone probably hates you, that is the nature of the world, that leaves you out of heaven.
    Everyone has someone that doesn't like them that means no one would be in heaven using that logic (Someone wrote that he hopes he is in HELL). Jesus was despised by the Sanhedron and put to death.
    But no one is perfect; there was only one perfect person, so everyone needs forgiveness.
    But your lack of respect doesn't hurt Falwell he is gone and doesn't know any of you; it only lowers your standing as a human being.

Follow your own advice, tark

I do agree with one thing that you said though...The only one who can say what he designed is the maker of the show.

Of course, that makes all of the 'interpretations' of the word of God that are being promulgated out there suspect...which is exactly why those of Falwell's ilk are not always thought of in the best light by those who disagree with his interpretations.
    Ultimately, the realm of spirituality is a personal one, one that should not be dictated by worldly laws, but by each person's own unique relationship with his God.
    Unfortunately, Falwell and others of his Moral Majority never got that.
    I too hope that God has forgiven Falwell for his sins here on earth...but would still find it funny to see his reaction if he were to find out that the afterlife isn't all that he imagined it to be during his time on earth.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Freya is offline Team Alumni

I wouldn't want his karma.

LLnP to him anyway.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Freya" wrote:

LLnP to him anyway.
    Isn't the "LL" part kinda moot at this point?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Freya" wrote:

LLnP to him anyway.
    Isn't the "LL" part kinda moot at this point?

=Z=
    Naw........ I sent it on the ether express.

He'll get the message.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    cnn.com

Wow hope for the best.

=Z=

RIP!

Follow your own advice, tark

I do agree with one thing that you said though...The only one who can say what he designed is the maker of the show.

Of course, that makes all of the 'interpretations' of the word of God that are being promulgated out there suspect...which is exactly why those of Falwell's ilk are not always thought of in the best light by those who disagree with his interpretations.
    Ultimately, the realm of spirituality is a personal one, one that should not be dictated by worldly laws, but by each person's own unique relationship with his God.
    Unfortunately, Falwell and others of his Moral Majority never got that.
    I too hope that God has forgiven Falwell for his sins here on earth...but would still find it funny to see his reaction if he were to find out that the afterlife isn't all that he imagined it to be during his time on earth.
    I am following my own advise!
    No surprise you and I do not agree.
    Simple respect for someone who has passed is not for them but their families.
    I am sure you would feel that is an insult to say that it lowers them to say these things.
    How Falwell is thought of is irrellevant.
    It is out of common curteousy for his
    family that you refrain from those derogatory statements.
    In the future I am sure like any public figure he will be scrutinized.

And if Heaven isn't what he expected I wouldn't be happy about that.
    If it isn't all he imagined it won't be for you either.
    And while you think the moral majority may be wrong in your eyes there is a reason why they are called the Moral Majority (If you disagree with the Moral Majority than you are probably in the MINORITY).
    Your statement that each person has a personal experience with God is true but Jeseus gave us some specific examples of how to act AND THE CONSEQUENCES FOR DISOBEYING HIM.
    Social progressives just don't like to hear they are wrong.
    It is all about relativism and there is no real right and wrong therefor they can do what they want.
    The Isrealites wandering in the desert prove that God does believe in right and wrong and you can offend God by your actions.
    You may choose not to believe that and that is why this country is so great.
    But the SPs that don't like Falwell or anyone who says they can't be perverted, deviant, hedonists.
    The SPs have tolerance for every kind of perverted stance (NAMBLA) except of evangelical Christians.

And you only agree with me on one stance.
    What about people comparing him to Muslim extremists?
    You agree with that statement, that is surprising even coming from you Cajun.
    And has I have said in the past I am no Angel and never have claimed to be one.
    I am just seeing people coming on here and attacking a man who has died and wondering where the civility of this country has gone.
    Simple respect for a fellow human being seems to be more than can be expected out of the SPS any more.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast