Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 107
  1. #11
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Jerry Falwell Dead?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    cnn.com


    The Rev. Jerry Falwell was hospitalized in "gravely serious" condition after being found unconscious in his office Tuesday, a Liberty University executive said.

    Wow hope for the best.
    Here's a link that works:
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/15/jerry.falwell.ap/index.html

    Was Falwell the one who talked about the 900-foot tall horse who God was sending for him?
    Or was that Pat Robertson...?

    =Z=
    Pat Robertson is about as looney as it gets, Falwell wasn't far behind.

    eg. In February 1999, an article in Falwell's National Liberty Journal suggested that a Teletubbies character, Tinky Winky, could be a hidden homosexual symbol, because the character was purple (which the article claimed was a color symbolic of homosexuality), had an inverted triangle on his head and carried a handbag.

    He said this about Martin Luther King: "I do question the sincerity of people like the Reverend Martin Luther King..."

    Falwell remarked, "AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals."

    RIP!

    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Jerry Falwell Dead?

    No single man was more responsible for the success of the Larry Flynt (HUSTLER) empire then Jerry!
    An ego maniac, racist, homophobe, and self proclaimed prophet of morality...who bilked millions of $$$ from his morality lemmings.
    I say good riddance, not RIP.


    :-
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  3. #13
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: Jerry Falwell Dead?

    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    No single man was more responsible for the success of the Larry Flynt (HUSTLER) empire then Jerry!
    An ego maniac, racist, homophobe, and self proclaimed prophet of morality...who bilked millions of $$$ from his morality lemmings.
    I say good riddance, not RIP.


    :-\
    Agreed.


    I see no difference between a Christian hatemonger that preys on people's ignorance and fear then a Muslim one.
    Just different levels of hatemongering and preying.


    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  4. #14
    ViKing24's Avatar
    ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    605

    Re: Jerry Falwell Dead?

    I disagree with many of Jerry's comments and preachings. However I feel that no one should ever speak ill of a person who passes away. I hold nothing against you Billy Boy and Vikesman2000 but I just think that way.


    Formerly Viking24

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Jerry Falwell Dead?

    "Mr." wrote:
    I disagree with many of Jerry's comments and preachings. However I feel that no one should ever speak ill of a person who passes away. I hold nothing against you Billy Boy and Vikesman2000 but I just think that way.
    Thats cool...
    I really wasnt trying to stir turds with my comments..
    but at the same time, I dont think I owe someone undue respect just because they passed.
    Perhaps not saying anything is what I should have done.
    I always hate when these topics turn to politics or religion....
    I really didnt mean for it too....
    it just so happens that for some...he was a religious leader.
    Hopefully, I didnt offend anyone on PPO.
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  6. #16
    ViKing24's Avatar
    ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    605

    Re: Jerry Falwell Dead?

    No you didn't man it's just I didn't want this topic to turn into about all the stupid comments and things he did or about what Larry Flynt said about him which was kind of low himself. Considering his first sexual experience was a mistaken encounter with a chicken after he'd heard from older boys that sexual intercourse with a chicken was similar in sensation to sexual intercourse with a woman. He proceeded to have sex with a chicken, killing it afterwards to avoid any suspicion.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Flynt


    Formerly Viking24

  7. #17
    shockzilla's Avatar
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    6,204
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: Jerry Falwell Dead?

    I have nothing against Jerry Falwell personally, but there were several things about him I did not like or agree with.

    1) When he told his followers that if they didn't send him a certain amount of money (don't remember if it was $2 million, $10 million, whatever), that God was going to, quote, "Call him home."

    2) When he blamed 9/11 on homosexuals, lesbians and other groups.

    Otherwise, RIP Jerry.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

  8. #18
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,567

    Re: Jerry Falwell Dead?

    Shock, the "Call Him Home" thing was Oral Roberts

    Farwell Falwell.


    Don't let Tinky Winky's Purse hit you in the head when you enter hell



  9. #19
    ViKing24's Avatar
    ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    605

    Re: Jerry Falwell Dead?

    Agreed with Shock


    Formerly Viking24

  10. #20
    shockzilla's Avatar
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    6,204
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: Jerry Falwell Dead?

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Shock, the "Call Him Home" thing was Oral Roberts

    Farwell Falwell.


    Don't let Tinky Winky's Purse hit you in the head when you enter hell


    My bad...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jerry Rice about to dance.
    By Turboe in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-07-2006, 04:23 PM
  2. Jerry Burns
    By vikeswin2005 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-21-2005, 06:14 PM
  3. Jerry Rice Done...
    By V4L in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 02:28 AM
  4. Jerry Rice Available
    By Foreman44 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 10:48 PM
  5. jerry rice
    By poult in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 08:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •