Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Jenson Button Wins!!

Button Takes First Grand Prix Win

Button started from 14th place on the grid
    Britain's Jenson Button earned the first Formula One victory of his career as he mastered changeable conditions to win the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Button drove superbly to slash Fernando Alonso's lead, and took control when the Spaniard retired on lap 52.

Michael Schumacher had been running in second place, but with three laps to go the German was forced to pull out as well after knocking into Nick Heidfeld.

McLaren's Pedro de la Rosa finished in second, with Nick Heidfield third.

A delighted Button, racing in his 113th Grand Prix, jumped out of the car to hug the rest of the Renault crew before climbing onto the podium as he became the first British Grand Prix winner since David Coulthard three years ago.

"What a day - it's been amazing," said Button.

"Coming through from 14th to win the race. I couldn't have done it a better way.

"But I have to thank everyone in the team - the strategy was spot on."

The victory was also Honda's first win as a constructor since 1967.

The drivers had to contend with tricky weather conditions at the Hungaroring, with heavy rain followed by bright sunshine and a drying track, making the timing of tyre changes crucial.

Renault got their changes right, to beat De la Rosa to the chequered flag by 30.8 seconds.

More to follow.
    Get in! It took him 113 races but we finally have another English winner in F1! Great race for Jenson from start to finish, great strategy, great driving, great spectacle.

Well done Jenson. Well done.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

Re: Jenson Button Wins!!

The track conditions looked horrible today. Good win for Button its nice to see a winner different the Alonso or schumacher.

mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Benet" wrote:
    Get in! It took him 113 races but we finally have another English winner in F1! Great race for Jenson from start to finish, great strategy, great driving, great spectacle.

Well done Jenson. Well done.
    Did you watch it? I love f1 in the rain.

If it's not raining, it's boring, boring, boring because no one ever makes passes on the track for the lead.

But in the rain, it's chaos!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

I love F1 regardless, but then I grew up on it and have been to Silverstone numerous times for races and corporate events. But I do agree, when it's wet, it's a lot more unpredictable and you get some really entertaining races.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Benet" wrote:
    I love F1 regardless, but then I grew up on it and have been to Silverstone numerous times for races and corporate events. But I do agree, when it's wet, it's a lot more unpredictable and you get some really entertaining races.
    I watch the start of every f1 race I can, since the first corner is the best part of the race. But growing up here in the USA and watching lots of short-track dirt-track racing, I've grown to want to see passing for the lead during the race. I can appreciate the breaking zones and fast in-laps and all that require great skill, but I have a hard time getting past the fact that once the race starts, it's pretty much over if the cars don't break down.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!