Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Jackazz needs advice

"sleepagent" wrote:
    I have two tin cans with a string - works great if kept tight.

Also have a rotary phone that works well too although I hate calling people with 7, 8, 9, and especially 0 in their number.

I could drive to them and give them the message just as quick.
    Oh wait, my bad . . . it says NEXTEL on my phone. Same difference.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ryanmurphy" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I have Cingular in Northern VA...it works fine in most areas...but every once in awhile you hit a dead spot (my wife will be driving and talking to me in DC at work and she will be able to hear me but I can't hear her). It does NOT work in the Metro tunnels though...only Verizon does because they have antennas set up in the tunnels (though I hear that the other providers are going to get set up the same way soon).
    You wont have Cingular much longer. Cingular was owned 60% by SBC, and 40% by Bell South (my company). SBC recently purchased ATT, but kept the ATT name. ATT just announced yesterday that they are buying Bell South. This will give them 100% of Cingular, and it is going back to ATT Wireless...
    That is SO goofy...I used to be ATT Wireless when I first signed up...then they changed all of the stores over and told me that they changed the name to Cingular...now they are changing it back...how do these idiots stay in business???
    It's like this... Cingular was actually started as Bell South Mobile, but they sold a 60% share to SBC and became Cingular.

ATT was purchased by SBC. SBC has been around for a little while, but doesn't have the name recognition that ATT did, so they kept the ATT name.

I dont know all of the details behind the ATT, Bell South merger, but it is speculated that SBC (now ATT) wanted 100% share of Cingular. Understandable because there are now more cell phone users then land line users. I read one report that said Bell South offered to sell their 40% in Cingular, but only if they bought the entire company. I dont know how acurate that report is, but it makes sense. The merger was announced yesterday. It will probably take about a year to go through, but it is now public knowledge.

So now there is once again one great big phone company. I am not sure how it will work out in the end. There has obviousally been a lot of speculation around my office this week. I personally think that at the end of the day, it will be a good thing. There are some big changed coming in the telecommunications industry, and pooling resources should speed that up. I am really not sure what I am allowed to talk about, so I will just leave it at that unless I can find "already published" articles to quote from.

Anyways... Anyone with Cingular will have ATT wireless again before too long.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

THe only times i've had bad service with verizon is in every school i've ever been in. but verizon is great. I'm never going to leave them if I have the choice. I strongly Recomend it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123