Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Iverson demands a trade

"Irwin" wrote:
    (Practice,were talking about practice) He said he would never demand a trade. I love when pros always live up to their word.
    Once a player/person says that, they can't take it back.
    That statement was how he felt at the moment.
    Things change and life cahnges, as a Sixer fan, I would be disappointed, but I wouldn't hold it against him.

I wouldn't hold it against KG to do the same. He made similar comments.
    Coaches and owners change, the players as people and players change, it is unrealistic to expect someone to stay true to the NEVER TRADE statement.

Point though is this, pro athlete 101, don't don't say NEVER.
    It is a good rule for everybody to live by, never say never.

I laughed when I read this quote, 5-12 and still in the playoff hunt.
    The 76ers have lost five straight to fall to 5-12 on the season. And even though that mark leaves them just a game-and-a-half out of first place in the woeful Atlantic Division, Iverson has grown increasingly frustrated with the team's situation.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    I'm a big A.I. fan ( I know Cajun is as well) and I used to be against him leaving Philly.But the way I see it now is that A.I. is such a great future hall of famer canidate,and he deserves a ring.I really would like to see him traded somewhere to a team that is on the brink.Maybe the Clippers or T-Wolves would be good suitors.Philly's organization has really downgraded over the past couple years IMO.I remeber watchin A.I. duking it out with the kitty kate hollywood Lakers in the finals.
    Sammy probably couldn't handle it in LA.

Twolves are not on the brink.
    Love to have him though.

I am just waiting for someone to bring up the "why do you want a problem argument."

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

You put Allen Iverson on a half decent team like the T-Wolves and thier on the brink, bet any money on it.

A.I. and K.G. ohhhhhhhhhwie!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

I could honestly see the Lakers getting him.

That or the Knicks would trade Marbury or Francis for him.

Who knows I guess.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-I'll never hear the end of this living in Philly. Plus, I've always been a Sixers fan, even when I lived in MD. Man that would suck, I love the kid. He always plays with heart, he's got the whole city behind him, and the team. How Iverson goes, so do the sixers. I hope he can win a championship if he goes somewhere else. He deserves it with the effort he gives every night.
    Lifelong Sixers fan here too...since the days of the good Doctor J, et al.
    BUT it may be time to start rebuilding around a younger nucleus...even if I am a fan of AI.
    It might be better for AI to start over somewhere else where the team is in need of that one superstar to push them over the top.
    Someone mentioned the Clippers...that might not be a bad option.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"baumy300" wrote:
    I could honestly see the Lakers getting him.

That or the Knicks would trade Marbury or Francis for him.

Who knows I guess.
    NO WAY would I want Starbury...he's all the problems without the production.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Make a move t-wolves. This is your one shot at making the run to the title for KG.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Make a move t-wolves. This is your one shot at making the run to the title for KG.
    If the T-Wolves got Iverson, I can't see them being able to keep KG.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

the 76ers absolutely LOVE Randy Foye, and Villanova is very close to Philadelphia..they were going to trade Iverson to Boston if the Celtics had kept Foye to use in the deal..id say the Wolves have the upper hand on Denver and Atlanta due to Foye..Boston can make a better deal, but the question is whether or not Philly would prefer Sebastian Telfair, or Randy Foye..a package of Foye, Davis, and some contractual throw ins makes the most sense talent wise..you could also make the trade work to fit Griffin in exchange for Hunter
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-I'll never hear the end of this living in Philly. Plus, I've always been a Sixers fan, even when I lived in MD. Man that would suck, I love the kid. He always plays with heart, he's got the whole city behind him, and the team. How Iverson goes, so do the sixers. I hope he can win a championship if he goes somewhere else. He deserves it with the effort he gives every night.
    Lifelong Sixers fan here too...since the days of the good Doctor J, et al.
    BUT it may be time to start rebuilding around a younger nucleus...even if I am a fan of AI.
    It might be better for AI to start over somewhere else where the team is in need of that one superstar to push them over the top.
    Someone mentioned the Clippers...that might not be a bad option.
    you wouldnt get any youth out of a deal with the Clippers..Livingston and Kaman are untouchable..all they could offer would be Maggette, and Maggette isnt a guy you can build around, and he will never be more than a very very poor mans paul pierce (case in point, the Clippers with Maggette, Richardson, and Brand were horrible and never made the playoffs)

i really think Foye is your best option..Vince Carter set the standard for trade proposals including superstars, and they arent going to get a better 'young' player than foye in exchange for iverson, unless you think al jefferson or sebastian telfair is that guy
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast