Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iverson

vikingTurf is offline Rookie

Re: Iverson

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Wolves better have done all they could to try and get AI, but I guess the Wrath of Joe Smith and no #1 picks gets us again.
    Isn't it ironic Joe Smith is going to philly to makeroom for AI, that guy is like a dark legacy in wolves history courtesy of McHale. Personally I am not that ticked off at McHale this time, sure his past bad moves came back to bite him here but I think he tried his best given the situation. I think Denver made a move that will be bad when its all said and done, just playing a fast tempo all offense is not gonna work in western conference. And Melo was doing so good because they had a guy named Andre Miller who is a true pass-first point guard. Now Melo will not get all those looks from AI coz AI needs his shot attempts as well, sooner or later the chemistry of the team is going to go in a disarray. And defensewise, Andre Miller is much better than AI, I don't know how they can have boykins and AI at the same time in the backcourt (opponent guards are going to kill them) and you can't rely on Camby blocking shots for 48 minutes.
    I guess we will just have to wait and see how this pans out, but I honestly dont think AI + Melo is a recipe for success, certainly not as much AI + KG because KG can defer to another superstar for a championship. I hope though McHale or Taylor begs Casey to play his damn "coveted" rookie Foye, at laest give him 25+ minutes a game. Also if we can get Maggette for Davis + others, that will help this team I think.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

AI may just surprise us all...and pass the ball.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

vikingTurf is offline Rookie

"cajunvike" wrote:
    AI may just surprise us all...and pass the ball.
    He very well could I guess, but just the timing of the whole thing, I mean the for first 14 games he knows he is the main scoring option, just like he always was.

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

"vikingTurf" wrote:
    Isn't it ironic Joe Smith is going to philly to makeroom for AI, that guy is like a dark legacy in wolves history courtesy of McHale. Personally I am not that ticked off at McHale this time
    Yes, it's painfully ironic.

I'm in the camp that wants Garnett traded because he deserves a chance to win a championship with a good team.

When we trade KG for draft picks and young talent, I say we throw in McHale as part of the package. Kevin McHale is the Matt Millen of the NBA.

Go Vikings!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12