Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Iraq, Katrina and Bush

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    "It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Teddy Roosevelt
    "Citizenship in a Republic,"
    Speech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910
    A very wise man..................

Are you in the Arena?
    Or are you just a critic?

Hard not to be when money I pay helps pay the guy, and the stupid decisions he makes directly effects my life....if he fudged up and it effected him, then so be it...but it affects me, therefore I have a right to be a critic.....and this whole using a Teddy Roosevelt quote to defend Bush....spare me, Teddy was a great president, Bush will go down in history as the anus he is....but hey, I wasn't dumb enough to vote for him....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

"ltrey33" wrote:
    "dfwvike" wrote:
    The bunker in Nebraska was by no means the arena.
    You want them to send the leader of the free world to the front lines?
    I'd say YES whole heartedly if the vice prez wasn't a senile old geyser

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

eelpout72 is offline Starter

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    "It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Teddy Roosevelt
    "Citizenship in a Republic,"
    Speech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910
    A very wise man..................

Are you in the Arena?
    Or are you just a critic?
    So we should never criticize Bush regardless of what he does or doesnt do, huh? If people in various parts of the world (Iraq or New Orleans)suffer based on his actions or inactions, we should all just keep our mouths shut because he is the one making decisions and we are just stupid bystanders and not worthy of expressing our opinion, right?

Im not sure how Bush is "marred by dust and sweat and blood" It appears that many others are including: soldiers, national guardsman, policeman, volunteers, and people who are stuck in the national disaster. These are the people that i do respect. I do not see how Bush shows "great devotions", how he is "daring greatly", and is exhibiting "high achievement".

I certainly dont agree with all of the critics out there. Criticism in the media, unfortunately, is a part of getting good ratings. However, i do believe that everybody's opinion should matter, whether you agree with that person or not.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ltrey33" wrote:
    "dfwvike" wrote:
    NOT NOW...but it would have been nice if he had volunteered to go back when he was in the service!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

In my eyes, the Roosevelt quote is not made as a comparison to President Bush. But, instead is about those who constantly criticize the man, our involvement in Iraq and now the clean-up of the mess caused by Katrina.

The quote is about the critics who constantly waste their time pointing fingers and drawing political lines in the sand. It's about those who blame him for every possible thing they can. Again, the blame goes straight to him.

But why aren't the fingers pointing elsewhere? What about the Governor of Louisiana and his state troops and state police? What about the Mayor of New Orleans who told all of the poor to find shelter in the Superdome and convention center as hundreds of school buses in the city, which could have been used to get them out, were drowned by flood waters? What about the local authorities, the police, the firemen? Where were they as people were murdered and raped in the Mayor's so called shelters? The people who were in control of the city before the hurricane where were they after the storm? What about the generations of state politicians and the state funds they spent elsewhere that could have went towards stronger levees?

It's not my intention to blame anyone. I'm just showing that fingers can be pointed everywhere. And, if that is what some of you want to do, so be it. Personally I’m really sick of it all.

Hindsight is 20/20.

And now that I've got that off my chest, I'm gonna look forward to the football season and keep my politics and my religion to myself...
    Even babies know the difference.

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    In my eyes, the Roosevelt quote is not made as a comparison to President Bush. But, instead is about those who constantly criticize the man, our involvement in Iraq and now the clean-up of the mess caused by Katrina.

The quote is about the critics who constantly waste their time pointing fingers and drawing political lines in the sand. It's about those who blame him for every possible thing they can. Again, the blame goes straight to him.

But why aren't the fingers pointing elsewhere? What about the Governor of Louisiana and his state troops and state police? What about the Mayor of New Orleans who told all of the poor to find shelter in the Superdome and convention center as hundreds of school buses in the city, which could have been used to get them out, were drowned by flood waters? What about the local authorities, the police, the firemen? Where were they as people were murdered and raped in the Mayor's so called shelters? The people who were in control of the city before the hurricane where were they after the storm? What about the generations of state politicians and the state funds they spent elsewhere that could have went towards stronger levees?

It's not my intention to blame anyone. I'm just showing that fingers can be pointed everywhere. And, if that is what some of you want to do, so be it. Personally I’m really sick of it all.

Hindsight is 20/20.

And now that I've got that off my chest, I'm gonna look forward to the football season and keep my politics and my religion to myself...

OK, give me a list of GREAT things he's done since he's been in office, I'd be interested to hear them patna!

As for being tired of people pointing fingers....your gonna have to learn to deal with it...cuz the fact is that our country's a p.o.s. compared to what it was back in the Clinton era....gas is expensive....people are getting killed oversees for something that doesn't involve our country...our troops are spread out and we are vulnerable....the gov't almost succeeded in putting all of our B-1 bombers in 1 place.....and what can we do about it....nothing, for the next 4 years.....and dod gammit I'm gonna vent and point fingers and express my displeasure.....and he deserves the blame cuz he's the head guy in charge, and its his responsibility to ensure that everything goes swimmingly....and when it doesn't, HE gets the blame, if he doesn't like us hating him for his bonehead decisions he shouldn't have ran for a second term.....thats just the way it is....

guzziVike is offline Training Camp

For the 1st time in quite a while, I actually saw some "Reporting" today. The media has become sensationalized in our generation: get used to it. Sad, but true. Pick your channel; sort your own truth. I chose CNN today and yesterday. I have to say I was gratified when a number of Journalists were asking tough questions, really starting yesterday, when the photo-op crap started. I was disgusted, a helpless, 3000 mile away American, watching a transposed image of political leaders wasting time on TV, patting each other and each support organization on the back, while live shots of looting and stranded citizens in filth, and reports of needless deaths, obvious incompetence in reaction timing and preperation. Instead of using the televised medium to communicate important information to fulfill emergency needs, they felt compelled to give re-affirming BS to the public. Hell, if you had power and a TV, you didn't need any re-affirming! Those people needed boats and busses starting on Tues. I'm glad there were Journalists out there, who were on the ground, tearing a new a**hole in any political moron blowing positive smoke up their butts, when they should have been too damn busy for comment. You bet some heads are gonna roll. An entire nation is watching, horrified at what it sees. Local and Federal levels of preperation and response will be hauled out and investigated.

What exactly would be an "appropriate time frame" for any of these victims to want answers? The media is doing its job for those folks. It is rightfully reporting their anger, fear, and frustration with their leaders. If they don't voice and represent these people on the ground, who would?

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    "dfwvike" wrote:
    NOT NOW...but it would have been nice if he had volunteered to go back when he was in the service!
    This is another nasty can of worm thread that I would hate to get in but right on, cajun. I am with you %110. you hit it right on the head.

NodakVike is offline Training Camp

I really think about 1997 here in Grand Forks! I remember in the mid of the night when the dikes broke. My mom comes in my room and says get all your stuff the means alot to u and put it upstairs! Not to long after i had moved all my stuff and put it upstairs the cops and firefighters were out front telling us we had to leave! I ll never forget walking outside in my front yard and looking down the street, as the water from the Red River was running down my street. I wont ever forget staying at the Grand Forks Air Force Base in a huge hanger on the night of my 17th birthday!
    Even though at the time this city had 50,000 people 90% of my city was flooded many people lost homes and thank god not one person lost their life. Ill never forget when Clinton came the the GFAB to speak and said COME HELL AND HIGH WATER YOU WILL SURVIVE!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast