Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    C-PepNSalt is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Iranian TV Bulls**t

This just seems so coincidental to the whole heavier sanctions on Iran from the UN Council.

I'm confused Ultra, you said the US will back Iran, not UK?
    "Johnson, we will keep on beating them until morale improves."

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I am with you on this one Anglo.
    The statements were obviously prepared.
    By all reports the soldiers are not being mistreated, which is good.
    By if something happens to one of them, I hope Iran is prepared for the storm that will follow.
    Not just from the UK, but from her allies as well.

I agree, and America better back the U.K on this.
    The US will back Iran.

The French pussies will not.
    If the French get involved, Iran will send 13 men to France and accept the French surrender (they are known for being ball-less pussies).
    You really think they'll back Iran? Or is that a typo?

I'd guess Ultra made a typo on the US backing the UK, or the UN backing the UK.

No one would likely back Iran, except maybe Russia.
    But Russia recently cut off nuke material supplies for their 'nuke plants'
    : ( i.e. nuke weapons ) for several reasons.

I foresee an internal revolution inside Iran, and it may not be far off.

UN sanctions on Iran were 'increased' recently.
    More sanctions may follow this kidnapping incident.
    There is proof Iranians were/are sending bomb making material into Iraq, and they partially funded the Hezbollas mini-war against Israel last year.
    Iran is a 'neighborhood brat' in the ME.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

is it really necessary to make the woman wear that stupid dishcloth on her head?..its bad enough shes being paraded around while being held captive, but theyve also made her look like a damn fool, embarassing her in the process
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"Purplexing" wrote:
    A few more point to help clarify this issue...

IIRC, the Geneva Convention mandates that POWs not be humiliated, and such humiliation includes distributing pictures of them in captivity for public viewing.

An interesting thing to note, which is not generally known due to the liberal media unwillingness to publicize it, is that Iranians are far more upset with their government, especially Ahmedinijad, than any other country's populace, including China, N.Korea, and Cuba.
    If this is not resolved properly and promptly by Ahmedinijad, a revolution inside Iran may be on the horizon.
    "Purplexing" wrote:

There is proof Iranians were/are sending bomb making material into Iraq, and they partially funded the Hezbollas mini-war against Israel last year.
    Won't happen. The popularity of the government in Iran fluctuates, just as it does here. And what the "liberal" media isn't telling you is a bunch of speculation on the part of neoconservative hawks (the same ones who told us there were WMD's in Iraq). Certianly the people of Iran are not nearly as angry with their government as the people of rural China, who have been having mini-revolts for years. Unfortunately the people of Iran remember far too well the last revolution, and where that got them. I do see democratic trends afoot in Iran, but the best way for them to develop is to butt out of their internal affairs. No one likes being told what to do.

Of course, none of this has anything to do with the hostage situation. I'm not sure what Iran is hoping to accomplish in this, and I doubt they do either (the Iranian government is a clusterfucked mishmash of mullahs and clerics who often have little idea who is in charge of what). There has been some speculation that they want to trade for Iranians that were taken captive in Iraq. I'm guessing, however, that Iran will want this whole matter resolved quickly, so I'd expect to see the hostages released soon.

BTW, I'm pretty sure that Ahmadinejad story about him being one of the hostage-takers in '79 was discredited. I don't have a link handy, but I can find one if you like. At any rate, the President of Iran has very little actual power. He is more of a figurehead than anything. The real power lies squarely with Grand Ayatollah Khamenei.

tampaviking is offline Rookie

maybe this is more of a money issue, oil went up 5 dollars a barrel yesterday

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I am with you on this one Anglo.
    The statements were obviously prepared.
    By all reports the soldiers are not being mistreated, which is good.
    By if something happens to one of them, I hope Iran is prepared for the storm that will follow.
    Not just from the UK, but from her allies as well.

I agree, and America better back the U.K on this.
    The US will back Iran.

The French pussies will not.
    If the French get involved, Iran will send 13 men to France and accept the French surrender (they are known for being ball-less pussies).
    You really think they'll back Iran? Or is that a typo?
    Oops!

I meant the US will back the UK.
    Man...don't I feel stupid.

Also, I think Cajun will back IRAN.
    Since he is French he will likely pick the losing side.
    ;D

"The" wrote:

"Purplexing" wrote:
    A few more point to help clarify this issue...

IIRC, the Geneva Convention mandates that POWs not be humiliated, and such humiliation includes distributing pictures of them in captivity for public viewing.

An interesting thing to note, which is not generally known due to the liberal media unwillingness to publicize it, is that Iranians are far more upset with their government, especially Ahmedinijad, than any other country's populace, including China, N.Korea, and Cuba.
    If this is not resolved properly and promptly by Ahmedinijad, a revolution inside Iran may be on the horizon.
    "Purplexing" wrote:

Won't happen. The popularity of the government in Iran fluctuates, just as it does here. And what the "liberal" media isn't telling you is a bunch of speculation on the part of neoconservative hawks (the same ones who told us there were WMD's in Iraq). Certianly the people of Iran are not nearly as angry with their government as the people of rural China, who have been having mini-revolts for years. Unfortunately the people of Iran remember far too well the last revolution, and where that got them. I do see democratic trends afoot in Iran, but the best way for them to develop is to butt out of their internal affairs. No one likes being told what to do.

Of course, none of this has anything to do with the hostage situation. I'm not sure what Iran is hoping to accomplish in this, and I doubt they do either (the Iranian government is a clusterfucked mishmash of mullahs and clerics who often have little idea who is in charge of what). There has been some speculation that they want to trade for Iranians that were taken captive in Iraq. I'm guessing, however, that Iran will want this whole matter resolved quickly, so I'd expect to see the hostages released soon.

BTW, I'm pretty sure that Ahmadinejad story about him being one of the hostage-takers in '79 was discredited. I don't have a link handy, but I can find one if you like. At any rate, the President of Iran has very little actual power. He is more of a figurehead than anything. The real power lies squarely with Grand Ayatollah Khamenei.
    No.
    Actually, I heard about the details of the internal strife in Iran from a radio interview, a few days ago, of a European political analyst who studied Iran and Iranian history.
    My comment does not reflect the liberal biased media or 'neocon hawks'.
    You assumed incorrectly.

I'm certainly not going to put any weight on the opinion of an anonymous poster on the internet who uses phrases like 'neocon hawk'.
    So your opening statement of 'won't
    happen' means nothing in light of the details I heard about internal political dissent from a NAMED political analyst.

'Won't happen' is easily refuted by looking at what happened to the Shah in the late 70's.
    How much of a fluctuation occurred then?
    Were you alive then?
    I was, and I listened to the daily reports on the hostages.
    I recall how the Iranian University students who knew some English were set off in rooms with tables trying to tape together the internal documents shredded by the Embassy staff just before the Embassy was seized.
    Were you alive then?
    From your outlook on the matter, I doubt it.

How is the fluctuation in popularity of the govt in Iran measured?
    Polls?
    Show me a link or a credible source.

If you are 'pretty sure' that Ahmedinijad is not one of the participants, why don't you have a CREDIBLE link handy?
    I wouldn't stick my neck out and say I was 'pretty sure' of something unless I checked beforehand.
    Was the media responsible for discreditting that story?
    Was it Dan Rather who discreditted that rumor? Wolf Blitzer?
    Katie Couric?
    Mike Wallace? Rosie O'Donnell ? ... Sean 'Spiccoli' Penn?
    I'm not claiming it was a correct identification of Ahmedinijad in one of the pics of the hostage takers.
    I'm claiming it was possible.
    The more important matter is that this is a recurring pattern of political terrorism tactics by Iran against Westerners.

Iranians were captured in Iraq a few months ago, and they were aiding the insurgents.
    This is what that was about.
    The GSP measurements clearly prove Iran was lying about the Brit boats being in Iranian waters.

Game, set, match.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

eelpout72 is offline Starter

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    [The French pussies will not.
    I dont really care for the french myself as i think they are arrogant (generalization) and they smell bad
    , but i think its funny that so many people bash them so much.
    Arguably, if we had listened to the views of the French and Germans and did more searching for WMDs we may not have been placed in this Iraq mess.
    Also, i think that that there are over 1000 or so French fighting with US and other NATO soldiers in Afghanistan.
    I certainly would not call those soliders pussies.

"Purplexing" wrote:
    What motive would the liberal media have to underpublicize discontent in Iran?
    What possible liberal agenda would gain from that?
    Liberals in general would be more adverse to going to war with Iran than conservatives.
    If this is the case, wouldnt liberal media be less likely to demonize the general Iranian people and show them in a better light?
    This makes no sense to me.

"Purplexing" wrote:
    Iranians were captured in Iraq a few months ago, and they were aiding the insurgents.
    This is what that was about.
    The GSP measurements clearly prove Iran was lying about the Brit boats being in Iranian waters.

yup, i agree with you here.
    This is what its really about.
    The Iranians will likely try to get their people back from the US who they claimed were in Irag legitmately.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast