Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IPods

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: IPods

If you are looking to buy a video IPOD, I would suggest the Archos AV500. I got one for christmas/Birthday and I love it. It is very expensive though ($450), but comes with nearly everything you need (unlike the ipod). It comes with a nice leather case, a charger (so you don;t have to connect it to your computer to charge), and special cords so you can connect it to a stereo. Compared to the ipod the screen is bigger, has 5+ hours of video battery life (16 for audio), compared to the 2.5 hours of the ipod. I read places that the audio quality is much better, but i havent listen to a vidio ipod. But the main difference is the AV500 can record things right from your tv. It comes with every cord you need to do this. It may seem confusing to connect it, but once you do it, its really easy. You can record anything on tv, you can play dvds/vhs through the tv and record it. Then you can play the videos back onto the tv. Before i bought mine, i read reviews and it got on average the same score on the ipod. I thought that battery life, recording tv/dvds is better than the little savings (when subtracting the accesories included its not that huge of a difference), and the status symbol of the ipod.
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Well, if all you want to do is listen to music, DO NOT buy an Ipod. buy a creative nomad. but if you want all the slick things that come along with an ipod, like watching videos, then get an ipod. but prepare to spend alot of dough.

i bought my creative for 280 bucks.. it had 40GB. (about 10000 songs)

i saw ipods going for 300 bucks that didnt even carry 20 GB.

like i said, if all you want to use it for is for music, get a creative nomad. you'll pay less for more.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got one! Thanks for the feedback too...it helped a lot.

By the way, if anyone has the 30 GB Video iPod, I can send you the Vikings 2004 Highlight Video in iPod format if you want to put it on there....either respond here or PM me!

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"MrGopher16" wrote:
    I have the ipod video and i love it like a fat kid loves cake!!
    LMAO Gopher!

I gotta agree with Gopher. I have one of the less fancy ipods (I got it last year) It's a 20 G, and I love it! It is seriously thes best thing I have ever owned. I take it with me everywhere.

Target has decent prices on ipods. So does ebay if you want to risk it. I have friends that have bought other mp3 players because they didn't want to spend the money for the ipod, and they really regret it.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"ltrey33" wrote:
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I got one! Thanks for the feedback too...it helped a lot.

By the way, if anyone has the 30 GB Video iPod, I can send you the Vikings 2004 Highlight Video in iPod format if you want to put it on there....either respond here or PM me!
    Oh oops I didn't see that you already got one lol. Cheers and enjoy! Welcome to the ipod world!

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"ltrey33" wrote:

I was going to get an iPod, but I need it to play WMA format books. Apple needs to make conversion of formats easier. I'll probably go with the Creative.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

One word of advice though... Get a case for the video. It gets scratched up pretty fast.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

I was thinking of buying a refurbished iPod because it's 50 bucks cheaper than the brand new ones. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything bad about the refurbished iPods in comparison to the new iPods?

Thanks Josdin

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

I would only buy a refurbished ipod FROM apple. I believe it is at the bottom left of the website. The last computer I bought from apple I purchased from the refurbished area. Haven't had a problem with it.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Zune all the way, much better

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast