Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: International Women's Day

"singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    Pictures from the day where I were out in solidarity with the women. Marching for women, against trafficking, for sex, against modern day slavery with women, and against prostitution.

International Day must be bigger there than it is over here.

But doesn't the movement against prostitution go against a woman's freedom of choice?

Certainly I see hypocrisy here. Women trying to tell other women what the hell they can & cannot do, while celebrating their own freedom & rights.

I don't like that. I don't like that at all.
    Some have said that. And it's an ongoing discussion.

I've been moving my own views on this over the years. The fact is that in this 'business' there are living crippled lives, and on top of that it's disguising some obscure criminality. I think you can't get around looking at demand.

Also after talking with a people that has fought their way out of prostitution, I have come to realize that the myth about the 'happy whore' is in fact a myth. Even women that are convinced they are doing it of their own free will, will come out at the other end emotionally crippled. I have talked to people that has done that. And then we haven't even begun addressing the women moved in from other countries, living in a state of shell shock/post traumatic stress disease.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    Pictures from the day where I were out in solidarity with the women. Marching for women, against trafficking, for sex, against modern day slavery with women, and against prostitution.

**edited out pictures**

But doesn't the movement against prostitution go against a woman's freedom of choice?

Certainly I see hypocrisy here. Women trying to tell other women what the hell they can & cannot do, while celebrating their own freedom & rights.

I've been moving my own views on this over the years. The fact is that in this 'business' there are living crippled lives, and on top of that it's disguising some obscure criminality. I think you can't get around looking at demand.

Also after talking with a people that has fought their way out of prostitution, I have come to realize that the myth about the 'happy whore' is in fact a myth. Even women that are convinced they are doing it of their own free will, will come out at the other end emotionally crippled. I have talked to people that has done that. And then we haven't even begun addressing the women moved in from other countries, living in a state of shell shock/post traumatic stress disease.
    It's the oldest profession in the world. I have a hard time believing there is no such thing as a happy whore & everyone in that line of work will come out of it emotionally crippled. It may be true for some that are forced into that line of work, but how many really are? Some perhaps, like here, are forced into it to support other vices such as drug addiction or it's a last resort to get money to feed kids, but I don't think that's always the case.

There are some high end hookers making damn good money & IMO, loving every minute of it. I'm also sure over there the situations around prostitution are different than what they are here, so we are going to differ on our views.

If they do take prostitution away from a woman doing it to feed her kids, how's she going to feed them then?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

**edited out pictures**

It's the oldest profession in the world. I have a hard time believing there is no such thing as a happy whore & everyone in that line of work will come out of it emotionally crippled. It may be true for some that are forced into that line of work, but how many really are? Some perhaps, like here, are forced into it to support other vices such as drug addiction or it's a last resort to get money to feed kids, but I don't think that's always the case.

There are some high end hookers making damn good money & IMO, loving every minute of it. I'm also sure over there the situations around prostitution are different than what they are here, so we are going to differ on our views.

If they do take prostitution away from a woman doing it to feed her kids, how's she going to feed them then?
    I'm not going to debate you. As you say we're going to differ our views. I think arguments like that is just pushed ahead of the debate by people overlooking the underlying problems in that industry. I think there are more forced into prostitution than you might think at first.

It's the buyer not the seller that I want to criminalize. And I don't believe that it can stand alone. As you say there will be women that are in extreme situations, but we must initiate different measures to deal with that, than accept that she is forced to prostitute herself to fx feed her kid.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

**edited out pictures**

I'm not going to debate you. As you say we're going to differ our views. I think arguments like that is just pushed ahead of the debate by people overlooking the underlying problems in that industry. I think there are more forced into prostitution than you might think at first.

It's the buyer not the seller that I want to criminalize. And I don't believe that it can stand alone. As you say there will be women that are in extreme situations, but we must initiate different measures to deal with that, than accept that she is forced to prostitute herself to fx feed her kid.
    Like I said, not much reason to debate. Prostitution there & prostitution here I'm sure differ greatly. I can't speak of what goes on in your neck of the woods. Is it legal there now?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=cogitans link=topic=43036.msg736894#msg736894 date=1204992790]

**edited out pictures**

Like I said, not much reason to debate. Prostitution there & prostitution here I'm sure differ greatly. I can't speak of what goes on in your neck of the woods. Is it legal there now?
    [/quote]Prostitutions is legal, pimping and brothels are not.

As I said trafficking is the real bad one. African and Asian women, and Eastern European women brought in getting used in an ugly manner.

There are villages in Moldova emptied of women, and apparently 7% of Ukrainian women has been exported. Also narcotic criminals are starting to use their network to transport these women around from country to country earing money on them, with little risk.

Even if one were pro prostitution these are dumping prices, and living under strict control of abusing pimps

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234