Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Important Question, need answers!

Hey fans,

I was thinking about getting a Tivo, or DVR. Mainly to record all the games and such. Now, how much does it cost monthly for this? Is it worth it? How many games can I record before I run out of room? If I do run out of room, can a burn or do something with the games I have recorded?

I know I could have looked at a website, but I trust the good people of PPO to give me good answers!

Thanks!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Important Question, need answers!

Depends on your satallite system. It usally costs about $99 initial cost and then a monthly fee. I'm not sure but I think the fee is like $5 a month if you buy from Direct TV. Don't worry about running out of room. You can record MANY hours on it.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I am thinking that the 16 regualr season games will avgerage 3 1/2 hours. You are saying I can put 56 hours on it? Then can I record them to tape or DVD? Thanks bro!

faninphx is offline Starter

I looked into buying one last year. There are 3 different Tivo systems. $100, $150 and $200. Each holding more hours than the last (can't remember exactly).
    Then you just have to pay monthly (10-12 bucks i think). Or you can buy unlimited service for like 150 bucks.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I am thinking that the 16 regualr season games will avgerage 3 1/2 hours. You are saying I can put 56 hours on it? Then can I record them to tape or DVD? Thanks bro!
    you mean your gonna record 19 games and an extra hour of post game celebration on that 19th game right?

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Does anyone know if you can record from the Tivo to another device, such as a computer of DVD? That's the ONLY way I'd buy one. thanx.

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    Does anyone know if you can record from the Tivo to another device, such as a computer of DVD? That's the ONLY way I'd buy one. thanx.
    The reason he's taping 19 games is divisional playoffs, nfc championship and the super bowl, plus the 1 hour of post game when they are handing over the lombardi trophy to Wilf and the MVP trophy to Pep.
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

Please ignore the last quote I meant to quote the post whore!!
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

you can record to a vcr or I would think to a dvr from your tivo. It only costs me about 5-10 bucks a month extra for the service. I got the tivo receiver free from direct tv...best thing I ever bought (I mean got free...)
    I highly recommend getting one. It really does change the way you watch tv.
    I BLEED PURPLE!

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

Oh sorry you can record about 75 hours right on to the system. 35 hours or so per channel (2 recording channels). If you are recording them to tape or dvd you should never run out of room. This is great for pay per view and of course Vikings Football!!!
    I BLEED PURPLE!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast