Thread: I'm Still Alive

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I'm Still Alive

Thanks for the many emails/inquiries. Yes, I'm still alive. No, I haven't gone anywhere.

Work is just nuts and I don't have much time to get on anymore. Hopefully that will change in a few weeks/months.

Until then, let the drivel be spewed by the yutz's that don't know any better.

Hope everyone is healthy, happy and ready for a new coaching staff.

On a side note, I'm already working on my 7 round mock. Early start this year for obvious reasons.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Good to hear from your Marrdro. Have a Merry Christmas if you aren't around during the holidays
    We're bringing purple back.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Glad to hear you're still about you old bugger ! Looking forward to hearing your views when the off season starts :-)
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Whats going on PPO peeps?

Has Caine finally figured out that TJ is a starting NFL QB yet? If so, I'll send him my address so he can send me some beers. If not, he needs to re look at what the Seahawks did this year....

a. Took TJ as the first FA. Not just the first FA QB, but the first FA.
    b. Signed him to starter money.
    c. Made him the starter
    d. He broke 300 yards.
    e. He beat playoff teams
    f. He made the team better. Heck, Whitehurst could only get 49 yards of offense out of that team and TJ, again, see items d and e.
    g. He will be the starter again this year.

Of course he'll spew forth some sort of drivel that the running game carried the offense even though Lynch had his issues as well all the while completely ignoring the passing stars that TJ put up with a bunch of backup WR's like Baldwin and Tate when Rice and Williams were sitting on the sidelines hurt.

Has our good friend Bleed figured the game out yet or is he still saying crap like its a "passing game" when its really a league were you see teams that are balanced (that means they can do both run/pass and defend) that are successful.

Has BBQ been updating his "Ask BBQ" thread? I hope so. Gonna go see if he has.

All kidding aside, hope all of you have had a great new year and you are all healthy, wealthy and wise.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

Has Caine finally figured out that TJ is a starting NFL QB yet? If so, I'll send him my address so he can send me some beers. If not, he needs to re look at what the Seahawks did this year....

c. Made him the starter
    d. He broke 300 yards.
    e. He beat playoff teams
    f. He made the team better. Heck, Whitehurst could only get 49 yards of offense out of that team and TJ, again, see items d and e.

and his team finished third in their division and have been sat at home watching the postseason like many others...
    He'll be the starter only if the Seahags are looking to move towards re-building mode, by the way was the 300 yds his combined season total ? lol

Good to see you back my friend and sure my above comments will drop me down the spreadsheet quicker than one of TJ's passes...
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

c. Made him the starter
    d. He broke 300 yards.
    e. He beat playoff teams

Of course he'll spew forth some sort of drivel that the running game carried the offense even though Lynch had his issues as well all the while completely ignoring the passing stars that TJ put up with a bunch of backup WR's like Baldwin and Tate when Rice and Williams were sitting on the sidelines hurt.

Has our good friend Bleed figured the game out yet or is he still saying crap like its a "passing game" when its really a league were you see teams that are balanced (that means they can do both run/pass and defend) that are successful.

Has BBQ been updating his "Ask BBQ" thread? I hope so. Gonna go see if he has.

All kidding aside, hope all of you have had a great new year and you are all healthy, wealthy and wise.
    Oh, so you want to put this back in the public eye? Fine by me:

1: Seattle took him because they hired Bevell and had NO ONE on their roster after jettisoning Hasselback. Now, no one here would ever accuse Bevell of being a great OC...so him taking Jackson is simply another example of why we are thrilled not to have him here.

2: He was signed to a 2-year contract because Seattle wanted to lock him up long term... Oh.... wait. Most of the serious QB's are signed to contracts that contain more bonus money than Jackson could get through his entire contract (8 mill). But if you insist on calling his 2 year 8 million dollar contract "Starter Money", ok....

3: Again, Seattle made him a starter because Bevell is an idiot, they only had Whitehurst on the roster, and they figured after 5 years he might know the system somewhat. Being named the starter doesn't make you a legit starting quality QB...ask JaMarcus Russel, Brady Quinn, or Matt Leinert about that... Further, Coach Pete Carroll clarified recently that Tarvaris Jackson's starting job will be open to competition in 2012 even if he remains "the leader at the spot." Uh oh...someone might be getting replaced....

4: He did indeed break 300 yards passing...in two games...and they LOST both of them. Lending credibility to the notion that when Jackson is forced to carry the team, they lose. Which, by extension, makes Jackson a LOSER.

5: Again, no HE didn't. Seattle's DEFENSE and Marshawn Lynch did. He was along for the ride...as he was in Minnesota.

6: Claiming he made the team better because Whitehurst sucked is like saying Charlie Manson is a saint because Jeffery Dahmer killed more people. That's just stupid. Fact is, almost every commentator, fan, or reporter has stated that Jackson is a place-holder QB. He's keeping the seat warm until a REAL QB gets signed.

7: He may indeed be starting again this season...but is that because he's good or because they have no one else? With Manning rumored to being on the blocks, and Matt Flynn up for grabs, the Seattle fan base is clamoring for their team to grab one or the other (with the edge to Flynn right now due to cost). I have yet to read ANYONE saying, "Oh no, Jackson is the guy. We're going to build around him".

Of course, you conveniently ignore the contributions of the Defense or of Lynch when making your Pro-Jackson statements...much like you did when he was here... preferring instead to try and present small accomplishments in a vacuum in order to make them appear greater than they were. Like having a Midget grab your junk in order to make it appear bigger when seen against the backdrop of the small hands...

But the TRUTH is that Jackson sucked. He went 7-9 in the weakest Division in football while playing on a team that YOU claimed was building up for him by signing Gallery and Rice. You stated taht he wold show us all how wrong we were....when all he did was reaffirm what most of us already knew....

...Jackson is a decent QB when the Defense or the RB wins the game for you. But whenever Jackson has to make it happen, whenever Jackson has to find a way to win....he fails.

So, after two thirsty years, I look forward to the beer you'll be buying. Jackson sucks as much now as he always has. And after 6 seasons, I don't think he's going to get a whole lot better. Especially when the only QB you can favorably compare him to is Charlie Whitehurst...

Caine
    Last edited by Caine; 02-05-2012 at 09:08 PM.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Not to sure how Jackson was paid starter money when Jake Delhomme, Whitehurst, Collins, Kitna, Redmen, Leinart, Hill and Feeley had higher salaries and Kolb and Thigpen were the same salaries at 2 mil for 2011.

As for the team being better, well I guess it depends on what your looking at to be better, their 2010 div record at 4-2 and home record of 5-3 both dropped in 2011 div record 3-3 and home record of 4-4 placing 3rd in there div which they won in 2010 and beat a playoff team (defending SB champs) in the playoffs which they missed in 2011....both seasons Whitehurst did see some starts and actually got more game time in 2010 so I wouldn't say he dragged things down in 2011.

marshallvike is online now Team Alumni
    Thanks for the many emails/inquiries. Yes, I'm still alive. No, I haven't gone anywhere.

Work is just nuts and I don't have much time to get on anymore. Hopefully that will change in a few weeks/months.

Until then, let the drivel be spewed by the yutz's that don't know any better.

Hope everyone is healthy, happy and ready for a new coaching staff.

On a side note, I'm already working on my 7 round mock. Early start this year for obvious reasons.
    Waiting to see that 7 round mock and the stud LT you will have us drafting in the first.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the laugh marr!