Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: I'm off to go "Up North"!

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Shock, actually if you want to right like a real Minnesotan it should be I am off to go up Nort.
    You betcha! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Just don't ever buy Cold Spring Beer. That has to be the worse beer ever made.
    They sold out to another company and I believe that it is now a Gluek brewery. But you are correct cold spring beer was horse piss, they also made something called western beer that was like paint thinner. The only good beer they made was called Cold Spring Export, it was a good tasting beer.
    It's still called the Cold Spring Brewery and they made a beer called "Gluek" !! Very heavy and high alcohol content .... I graduated from Cold Spring Rocori also.

Shock, I hope you hit the bakery in Cold Spring ... the best ever !! Grew up on that stuff. Also, Grumpy's huh, what a dive but I had some good times in there before going off to college ..... :lol:
    I use to pass through Cold Spring all the time. Great bakery and I did get drunk at Grumpy's once, at least I thought it was there. There aren't many choices for drinking establishments there.

One of my Aunt's just bought a house in Cold Spring a year or so ago. She seems to like it there.

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

family reunions are the worst.. sit areound for a couple hours doing nothing with family members idk i just dont find them appealing it just one this you have to do
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

Prophet Guest

I love family reuniions. It's a time to be with a bunch of people that you wouldn't be with by choice. Everyone feigns interest in each other's lives. As a comedian once said (can't remember which one), "Everybody has someone that is strange in their family, if you can't think of who it is, it's you."

I really like going to in-law family reunions. It is like you're invisible, you can try to decipher what you have gotten yourself into. Beer usually helps this process.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    They sold out to another company and I believe that it is now a Gluek brewery. But you are correct cold spring beer was horse piss, they also made something called western beer that was like paint thinner. The only good beer they made was called Cold Spring Export, it was a good tasting beer.
    It's still called the Cold Spring Brewery and they made a beer called "Gluek" !! Very heavy and high alcohol content .... I graduated from Cold Spring Rocori also.

Shock, I hope you hit the bakery in Cold Spring ... the best ever !! Grew up on that stuff. Also, Grumpy's huh, what a dive but I had some good times in there before going off to college ..... :lol:

What year did you graduate?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Really early 90's ... we will leave it at that ... :lol:

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Really early 90's ... we will leave it at that ... :lol:
    You're to young!

Just wondering if you had gone to school with a girl from Cold Spring I went on a date with when I was in High School, her name was Pam Spoden (last name spelling ?).
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Hey, come on guys, my family reunion was GREAT! My aunts and uncles are getting into their 80's now, and it may have been the last time I saw them - who knows. We always have a great time together.

mnjamie, I was NOT able to make it to the bakery. I bet I missed some good bread though, huh?
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"shockzilla" wrote:
    Hey, come on guys, my family reunion was GREAT! My aunts and uncles are getting into their 80's now, and it may have been the last time I saw them - who knows. We always have a great time together.

mnjamie, I was NOT able to make it to the bakery. I bet I missed some good bread though, huh?
    I agree...family reunions ARE great! I don't always get to mine but when I do, it's always great to catch up with family. I usually need a few years in between though so that we have enough to talk about the next time we get together though (most of my family lead fairly boring lives). :lol:

Glad to hear that yours turned out great...my wife's mom's family is having their next reunion in Minnesota (the first one was in California) and her two uncles are in their early 80s and late 70s, so I can totally relate to what you are saying about it being the last time you might see someone. Don't let those who knock reunions get you down...it's all about what YOU like and their opinions don't really matter in the long run. They may come to regret their attitude later on if it means that they missed out on getting to know some of their older relatives before they pass on.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

well i wish the best of luck to you any other way have fun and dont get too hammed
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123