Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Re: I'm off to go "Up North"!

Have a great time Shock!! I just got back from the home land... I can't believe how much I want to move back now!!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"shockzilla" wrote:
    This weekend is the "Shockman Family Reunion" in Collegeville, MN. All the Shockmans from around the country get together every 5 years or so for 3-4 days of fun, activities, family storytelling (LOTS of stories - I come from a family of 11 kids and my father came from a family of 15) and general good times! This year some of the activities include a St. Cloud Riverbats minor league baseball game (and probably a Shockman family game - I think we have enough to field several teams :lol, a dance, family history night, and many other things.

SOOOOO, the point is - I will be out of touch probably until Tuesday morning. See ya all when I get back! I may post some pictures if anyone wants to see them...

Shock

**By the way, there'll be about 140 of us there. Can you imagine 140 of me in one place???

Collegeville Huh ?!?

Born and raised there. 3 miles down Hwy. 51 from St.Johns and 2 miles west of St. Joseph. Gods country with all the woods and lakes back there. Enjoy !! Where exactly are you having the gathering ?

Shock, make sure to visit Bo Diddley's Sub shop in St. Joseph and make a trip to the Cold Spring Bakery .... you won't be disappointed. Damn, I miss those two places ...... :lol:

Prophet Guest

Just don't ever buy Cold Spring Beer. That has to be the worse beer ever made.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I grew up in St. Cloud a few miles from where you are Shock, hope you and your family have a great time. The little town just down the road on Interstate 94 called Avon has a very nice swimming beach.

When you get to the top of the exit ramp (coming off 94) turn right, go to the grain elevator turn left, and it is about 2 blocks down on the left side. This is also a good fishing lake for large-mouth Bass, sunnies and crappies. I have caught quite a few 4 to 5lb bass out of the lake.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

"Prophet" wrote:
    They sold out to another company and I believe that it is now a Gluek brewery. But you are correct cold spring beer was horse piss, they also made something called western beer that was like paint thinner. The only good beer they made was called Cold Spring Export, it was a good tasting beer.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Have a great time Shock!! I just got back from the home land... I can't believe how much I want to move back now!!
    So did you meet up with any PP.O'ers? I was headed that way, but I got lost! Sorry! ops:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    So did you meet up with any PP.O'ers? I was headed that way, but I got lost! Sorry! ops:
    Nope, no one was able to make it, but thats alright!

Shock, actually if you want to write like a real Minnesotan it should be I am off to go up Nort.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

hope your family reunion doesnt end up like my family reunion in minnesota..

<looks at where his appendix was and flashes back to family reunion followed by hospital trip>
    i m better than you, so just give up...

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    They sold out to another company and I believe that it is now a Gluek brewery. But you are correct cold spring beer was horse piss, they also made something called western beer that was like paint thinner. The only good beer they made was called Cold Spring Export, it was a good tasting beer.
    It's still called the Cold Spring Brewery and they made a beer called "Gluek" !! Very heavy and high alcohol content .... I graduated from Cold Spring Rocori also.

Shock, I hope you hit the bakery in Cold Spring ... the best ever !! Grew up on that stuff. Also, Grumpy's huh, what a dive but I had some good times in there before going off to college ..... :lol:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast