Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: if you ever got divorced would you ever marry again?

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    Interesting.

Not in the position to talk as a divorcee, and hopefully, I never will. But, I think you have to keep the idea of companionship open.

I'm just one of those weird dudes who really is into the sanctity of marriage. I know...you can throw tomatoes at me, if you'd like.

There's a woman I work with who just went through a bitter bitter divorce. She's been dating a guy for a year or so now that makes her happy. Ask her if she's getting married, and she'll say "hell no".

Makes you think. Sometimes people view marriage as some sort of end-all be-all. I don't think its as important to get married as it is to keep yourself open to relationships and allowing them to grow.

If marriage is the eventual destination, you'll get there soon enough. If not, don't make marriage itself the goal. It's the relationship and happiness that is the goal.
    Well glory be...it's long lost Los!!!

Good to see that you are still hale and hearty!

I agree wholeheartedly with your take on it...it's ALL about the relationship...what is between the two parties (or more if you live in Utah and practice polygamy...but that is a whole 'nother topic)!

Anyway, my wife and I have been together for almost 15 years...with only this year as man and wife...we got married on our 14th anniversary together, mainly because it was the right time to do it. It didn't change our love for each other nor did it change the level of personal commitment that we had for each other. We had that with or without the piece of paper and the rings...those things only made us "official" in the eyes of the state and of others...and the only reason that it matters is for purposes of inheritance and consent issues should one of us be incapacitated and unable to make decisions individually regarding our own personal fate (God forbid that it come to that). BUT the act of marriage has deepened our relationship...mainly because we both knew that we finally wanted to take that step...but for ourselves, not for others. The bottom line is this: A couple should do what feels right...the rest of the world be damned! :grin:
    Whew Caj .... 14 years?!? Thankx for the post, I was starting to get worried about myself and my lil' lady "dating" for 7 yrs and the last 4 yrs living together when we made the jump to move from MN to FL ... I feel much better now ... :love3:

We still get it from people we first meet and they find out how long we have been together ... "Soooooo, when ya gonna finally do it and get hitched?" or something along those lines ... it's so annoying, like it's any of your business. It would be like me saying back to the guy/gal, "Soooooo, ya gonna get it on tonight on the kitchen table tonight or what?" after meeting them for the first time ever .... :3some:

Married, dating, "friends with benefits" .... We have one of the strongest, most commited relationships of anyone we know ... the piece of paper, will come when we're ready or even want to.

Man, you are on a roll tonight! :laughing3:

The worst thing about it was the fact that she was the one resisting marriage...not me...yet I got all the grief..."when are you gonna make an honest woman of her", etc.

We actually met in Dallas, then moved to Houston (she survived me being in law school there...the ultimate test), then moved to the DC area...twice in our relationship we continued our relationship long-distance (one year each time)...after all that, we knew it was meant to be. We still fight...but that only makes the making up that much sweeter :wink: . You both are just fine...keep on building the thing that matters most...the relationship...the rest takes care of itself! :grin:

BTW, my wife used to live in Clearwater...her son was born in Dunedin! I have relatives there as well...they are all part of the Church of Scientology...but THAT is a whole 'nother story!!! :lol:

OMFG .... Don't get me going on the Scientologists. My woman started her own business about 2 years ago, she is a wedding/event coordinator. Long story short, she did a wedding at their compound and was almost abducted .... didn't last long though, once she pulled her .38 out of her purse. She filed a police report and thought about having the firm she works for sue for a couple million, but decided against it once she heard that there have been "urban myths" about abductions all around clearwater for years. She was afraid that they would come after her.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    Interesting.

Not in the position to talk as a divorcee, and hopefully, I never will. But, I think you have to keep the idea of companionship open.

I'm just one of those weird dudes who really is into the sanctity of marriage. I know...you can throw tomatoes at me, if you'd like.

There's a woman I work with who just went through a bitter bitter divorce. She's been dating a guy for a year or so now that makes her happy. Ask her if she's getting married, and she'll say "hell no".

Makes you think. Sometimes people view marriage as some sort of end-all be-all. I don't think its as important to get married as it is to keep yourself open to relationships and allowing them to grow.

If marriage is the eventual destination, you'll get there soon enough. If not, don't make marriage itself the goal. It's the relationship and happiness that is the goal.

I agree wholeheartedly with your take on it...it's ALL about the relationship...what is between the two parties (or more if you live in Utah and practice polygamy...but that is a whole 'nother topic)!

Anyway, my wife and I have been together for almost 15 years...with only this year as man and wife...we got married on our 14th anniversary together, mainly because it was the right time to do it. It didn't change our love for each other nor did it change the level of personal commitment that we had for each other. We had that with or without the piece of paper and the rings...those things only made us "official" in the eyes of the state and of others...and the only reason that it matters is for purposes of inheritance and consent issues should one of us be incapacitated and unable to make decisions individually regarding our own personal fate (God forbid that it come to that). BUT the act of marriage has deepened our relationship...mainly because we both knew that we finally wanted to take that step...but for ourselves, not for others. The bottom line is this: A couple should do what feels right...the rest of the world be damned! :grin:
    Whew Caj .... 14 years?!? Thankx for the post, I was starting to get worried about myself and my lil' lady "dating" for 7 yrs and the last 4 yrs living together when we made the jump to move from MN to FL ... I feel much better now ... :love3:

We still get it from people we first meet and they find out how long we have been together ... "Soooooo, when ya gonna finally do it and get hitched?" or something along those lines ... it's so annoying, like it's any of your business. It would be like me saying back to the guy/gal, "Soooooo, ya gonna get it on tonight on the kitchen table tonight or what?" after meeting them for the first time ever .... :3some:

Married, dating, "friends with benefits" .... We have one of the strongest, most commited relationships of anyone we know ... the piece of paper, will come when we're ready or even want to.

The worst thing about it was the fact that she was the one resisting marriage...not me...yet I got all the grief..."when are you gonna make an honest woman of her", etc.

We actually met in Dallas, then moved to Houston (she survived me being in law school there...the ultimate test), then moved to the DC area...twice in our relationship we continued our relationship long-distance (one year each time)...after all that, we knew it was meant to be. We still fight...but that only makes the making up that much sweeter :wink: . You both are just fine...keep on building the thing that matters most...the relationship...the rest takes care of itself! :grin:

BTW, my wife used to live in Clearwater...her son was born in Dunedin! I have relatives there as well...they are all part of the Church of Scientology...but THAT is a whole 'nother story!!! :lol:

OMFG .... Don't get me going on the Scientologists. My woman started her own business about 2 years ago, she is a wedding/event coordinator. Long story short, she did a wedding at their compound and was almost abducted .... didn't last long though, once she pulled her .38 out of her purse. She filed a police report and thought about having the firm she works for sue for a couple million, but decided against it once she heard that there have been "urban myths" about abductions all around clearwater for years. She was afraid that they would come after her.
    YIKES!!! I guess that I WON'T be visiting the relatives after all!!! :lol:

Boy, in her line of work, how many times does SHE get asked, "So when YOU are getting married?"...Is THAT why she REALLY carries the .38? :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelis
    Interesting.

Boy, in her line of work, how many times does SHE get asked, "So when YOU are getting married?"...Is THAT why she REALLY carries the .38? :lol:
    She doesn't get asked as many times as one would think. The .38 was my idea for her, some serious dumba$$'s down here in FL. All kinds of sh!t going on and when she goes to do an event, she leaves the location late and it's dark out .... I'm not there, so the .38 takes my place. :lol:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunvike
    Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelis
    Interesting.

She doesn't get asked as many times as one would think. The .38 was my idea for her, some serious dumba$$'s down here in FL. All kinds of sh!t going on and when she goes to do an event, she leaves the location late and it's dark out .... I'm not there, so the .38 takes my place. :lol:
    I hope that the .38 doesn't ALWAYS take your place...if that is the case, I'm glad that you didn't get her a guard dog instead! ops: :razz:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567