Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

If its not one thing its another...

Many of you know that my boyfriends mom passed away a few weeks ago. Well to make bad things worse, his brother wound up in jail yesterday for beating his girlfriend. He was charged with 2 counts of domestic battery as well as resisting arrest and obstruction of justice. I personally find it somewhat amusing that he's in jail (not amusing that he beat his girlfriend, but karma's a bitch). He's a raging alcoholic and being in jail is probably the best thing for him right now. Unfortunately, its added even more stress on Lance and his sister that they just don't need right now!

Why do I find it amusing you might ask... well on Lance's birthday the Bears played the Packers... and won. As Vikings fans we know how great a victory over the Packers is... especially if its your birthday! We went out to celebrate with some of our friends and came home... well wasted. His brother is a jerk and decided that it was the perfect opportunity to pick a fight. Lance was so gone that he could barely stand let alone fight. His brother then proceeded to call the cops and said that Lance was a threat to both him and ME! Let me make it clear that Lance has never and would never hit me. Well needless to say Lance went to jail that night with a charge of domestic battery. (He was the one with cuts and bruises all over his face, but the police officers chose to ignore that fact). Luckily the charges got dropped, but it doesn't take away the money that we spent on a lawyer and so on.

We got a call yesterday asking for us to bail him out of jail. We said no. Not to mention we didn't have the 10% of 10,000 to get him out... he deserves to be there!

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: If its not one thing its another...

My lord, TNT. I hope things turn around for your BF. Family issues that you cannot control are so tough with which to deal.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    I personally find it somewhat amusing that he's in jail (not amusing that he beat his girlfriend, but karma's a beeyatch). He's a raging alcoholic and being in jail is probably the best thing for him right now. Unfortunately, its added even more stress on Lance and his sister that they just don't need right now!
    If Karma's a beeyatch, I guess that makes her bad karma. :grin:

I'd let him sit also. If he's in there long enough, he will detoxify & hopefully come to his senses.

It sounds like your brother-in-law is in the later stages of alcoholism & needs help soon, but it won't do any good unless he is willing to do so.

It will take suffering some consequences for his actions while he's been drinking, before he realizes he has a problem. Once he realizes he has a problem & wants to do something about it, that's the time to seel help.

Had you bailed him out, he probably would have went right back to drinking.

You did the right thing TNT, I just hope your brother realizes it someday.

When he's ready to take that first step, PM me.

In the meantime, if you want to understand what Lance's brother is going thru, you should attend an Alanon meeting.

I have my own thoughts on it, but I don't care to discuss it in an open forum.

If you have any questions, you can PM me as well.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I'm NOT saying she deserved what happened, but we saw this coming. They both are alcoholics (she has psorosis of the liver) and the one time we spent an hour with them, they acted like they were a normal couple in love, but we saw what was simmering under the surface. Nothing good could have came from that situation. I tried talking to her... she didn't listen, we both tried talking to his brother and he didn't listen either. I hate to see this. I've never had to deal with anything like this before, and really am not sure what more we can do if he doesn't want the help.

Hopefully being in jail, in the detox ward will help open his eyes, but I honestly don't know that it will.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Sorry to hear this TNT, I hope things work out. I will definitley keep you and Lance and his brother in my prayers.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

SORRY TO HEAR THIS

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

TNT, I will keep you all in my prayers tonight. God will set things right. this is the best thing for him right now - it'll give him a chance to get his life together.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Wow. Sounds like a tough time all around. I'm sorry to hear that.

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Hopefully being in jail, in the detox ward will help open his eyes, but I honestly don't know that it will.

If that's his rock bottom then it will. At this point all you can do is hope.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

:shock: She has psorosis of the liver & still hasn't quit?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Your are in my prayers, hope things turn atound.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast