Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

If ESPN was a person, I would punk slap them.

I was watching ESPN, and you can guess what they were talking about.....T.O. of course. They then go on to talk about how all of these other players are getting sick of that being the only NFL story that is ever covered. Ray Lewis said "they are talking about the Eagles more than the Patriots - the Superbowl champions" and Payton Manning said "it would be nice if other teams like the Colts or the Giants got coverage". What does ESPN do? They go right back to talking about T.O.! Then they say "other players around the league are obviously getting tired of T.O.'s antics". NO! They aren't! They are getting tired of you talking about nothing but how Owens and McNabb are getting along, and whether or not Owens likes talking to Andy Reid. Give it up and move on!
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: If ESPN was a person, I would punk slap them.

You would have a long line of Vikings fans behind you also!

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

I've been wanting to take down Chris Berman and ESPN for a long time and make them watch themselves. We'll do it together Ultra.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Yeah, and thats because Sportscenter has become a reality TV show that focuses more on controversy and the bad side of sports than its accomplishments.....do they ever talk about Moss being the best ever up to this point? Yeah, for two sentances before bringing up his entire past of mistakes (without showing any accomplishments). All Barry Bonds talk is about steriods, not the home run records.

FORGET FAIR AND UNBIASED REPORTING OF GAMES:

Red Sox and Yankees each get 2-3 mins at the start of Sportscenter
    The Twins get 30 sec. towards the end...

T.O. takes up half of the show....
    The actual games that went on today get the other half...
    Thats NOT fair!
    They should be more of a SPORTS NEWS show and report the news.
    Show T.O. showing up to camp, then be done talking about him for the rest of the show. Give an equal highlight reel for every game, regardless the team....there are still fans that want to see it even though the teams don't spend 300 million on payroll or win all their games.....I know people who are Pittsburgh Pirate fans, Royals fans, Browns fans....c'mon ESPN!

I love the 50 states in 50 days thing too...focused totally on the west side of South Dakota....like theirs no East Side....despite the fact that Sioux Falls has grown to be twice the size over the last 15 years....but its not like theirs anything here....ticked me off, I hate ESPN these days.

My point: ESPN markets itself to all the bandwagon idiots who are not TRUE fans....the ones that want to show up and see a soap opera because the Real World or Blind Date isn't on.....men with personalities like females....ones who live on their ego so their favorite team has to win 80% of the time otherwise they got a new team. Ones that don't no anything about pro sports, but tune in every week with their buddies to "fit in" and they just pick a team.....now thats not fair to the rest of us, and ESPN can burn in ____. You fill in the blank.

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

MNVikingGangsta Guest

I hate when they have baseball on, it is almost always either the red sox or yankees. i think the twins have been on like 2 or 3 times. i realize that the sox and yanks probably get more ratings but it gets really old.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I agree we need some Air time for the Devil Rays, Clippers, and WNBA.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Bdubya" wrote:
    I've been wanting to take down Chris Berman and ESPN for a long time and make them watch themselves. We'll do it together Ultra.
    is it Berman that does the " Swamai says" spot with his pregame predictions. Every time that I've been to the TC to see a game he's had the Vikes down to lose - jackass !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I was really pissed off last week with the whole T.O. thing. ESPN just gave him time to talk. They didn't challenge him or even question him really, they just let him spout off whatever he wanted. Way to be good journalists guys.

diesavike is offline Rookie

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    is it Berman that does the " Swamai says" spot with his pregame predictions. Every time that I've been to the TC to see a game he's had the Vikes down to lose - j~~~~~~s !
    Yeah that's Berman alright. I have to agree with audioghost, sportscenter spends too much time talking about TO and controversy lately, it needs to be directed more towards the sport part of the sporting world. Leave the opinions on controversy to shows like PTI or around the horn. I really don't care to hear a half hour on what TO said and what McNabb said, other things in sports are going on, focus on some of those issues.

Oh yeah Audioghost, Sioux Falls doesn't really have many attractions other than it's the biggest in S.D., but I still like the east side of the state better. :cheers:
    Sell crazy someplace else...we're all stocked up here.

TATEone is offline Starter

F*** T.O.!!! We were just talking about that same thing here at work. Everyone is sooooo sick of him. We usually listen to ESPN Radio, but all it is about is T.O. We had to give it up and quit listening to sports radio until this passes. Its almost as bad as the whole Bonds / steriods crap you couldn't get away from.
    I voluntarily agree to not indulge in any alcohol, drugs, or engage in any other illegal activity that may in any way jeopardize the years of hard work we as a team have committed to our goal of a championship season in '76.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast