Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Re: I would really appreciate some help

PP80, I was similar to you in high school in some regards that I could hang our with girls, but I had a tough time interacting with girls I was really interested in for some reason. But I think it is something that you "grow out of" to say as you mature socially. Once I got to college it was an issue that seemed to go away and I felt comfortable going up and talking to anyone whether it was at the library or at a party.

I don't know if you are attending college or not but living in the dorm is a great place to meet people and especially women because everyone is starting out on the same level because they are all in new environments. The best thing is never be afraid to do things with others because it only increases your social network of friends.

Sorry I didn't mean to ramble so much.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

PP80,

I'll try to put in my 2 cents worth....

Most important thing you can do is, be true to yourself......Go with your feelings and what your heart and mind tell you to do...

Keep your dates and time spent with women, within your budget....Don't try to be someone your not and don't spend money on a good time ( date ) that you couldn't do any given time......

Listen to the woman and try to hear what she is really talking about.....Don't feel like you have to do all the talking, and being the one that has to keep things lively......

I'll tell you this, when the right girl does come around, you and she will both know it. True love is not earned or bought, but does come along in it's own speical way.......If partys and large gatherings are not for you, well I'de say don't force the issue....If your not comfortable with those types of scenes, don't bother with them...

Ask yourself, what things do you really enjoy to do? Look around and see if there are any local clubs or groups for those activitys.....Join a small group who's interest are the same as yours.....Not only will you be doing something you know you already enjoy, but it's a great way to meet others who enjoy the same thing as you...

I've made some great friendships this way in the past, and I've meet many women who had interest like me that way also..

I would say the Bar scene is not the way to go.......

Good Luck.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"VikingNed" wrote:
    PP80,

Most important thing you can do is, be true to yourself......Go with your feelings and what your heart and mind tell you to do...

Keep your dates and time spent with women, within your budget....Don't try to be someone your not and don't spend money on a good time ( date ) that you couldn't do any given time......

Listen to the woman and try to hear what she is really talking about.....Don't feel like you have to do all the talking, and being the one that has to keep things lively......

I'll tell you this, when the right girl does come around, you and she will both know it. True love is not earned or bought, but does come along in it's own speical way.......If partys and large gatherings are not for you, well I'de say don't force the issue....If your not comfortable with those types of scenes, don't bother with them...

Ask yourself, what things do you really enjoy to do? Look around and see if there are any local clubs or groups for those activitys.....Join a small group who's interest are the same as yours.....Not only will you be doing something you know you already enjoy, but it's a great way to meet others who enjoy the same thing as you...

I've made some great friendships this way in the past, and I've meet many women who had interest like me that way also..

Good Luck.....

Hey, that's where I met Mrs. Shock!!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"shockzilla" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    PP80,

Good Luck.....

Actually, I met my wife in a bar too! :grin: My advice is that is doesn't matter where you meet someone; bar, library, pet store... if it was meant to be then it was meant to be.

I was best friends with my wife before we got married. I think that is important too.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    PP80,

Good Luck.....

Actually, I met my wife in a bar too! :grin: My advice is that is doesn't matter where you meet someone; bar, library, pet store... if it was meant to be then it was meant to be.

I was best friends with my wife before we got married. I think that is important too.
    Don't get me wrong guys, I've met some nice girls in the bar rooms also :wink: , but if I was young again and knowing what I know now, I'de try to go a different route..

I still think, joining a group or club that has to do with your enjoyable ativitys would be a good place to start..... :grin:

"shockzilla" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    PP80,

Good Luck.....

And a fine wife at that you have there Shock......You hit the jackpot for sure..... :grin:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"shockzilla" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    PP80,

Good Luck.....

And that's where I met my ex-wife. :evil:

Enough said! :lol:

So what works for some, doen't necessarrily work for others.

I guess I should have went to the bars with Shock. Then I might have met a better class of women & be happily married like Shock. :wink:

But I'm certainly glad now on how thing are turning out.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    "WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    Well purplepride, I'm going to try to attempt to answer question 3, and remember that this is a girls' perspective and I know in the dating scene I can never really understand it from a guy's perspective, so try to remember that, this is just what I think. It's not that we love the "outgoing guy" we just like a guy who is confidant enough to talk to us or ask us out. I know there is really no "cure" for being shy, but you can't let being scared of doing something wrong get in the way of asking a girl out, because you could miss out on something really great. I'm sure it probably sucks working up the guts to ask out a girl, and rejection can be scary too but you live and learn. Life is about rejection, everyone has been through it and you can't just not ask someone out because your afraid of it. Through all the rejections you will eventually find the right person, but you'll never find the right person if you just sit around and don't do anything about it. There's really no other way to say it, if you like someone you have to tell them how you feel otherwise you will always regret it and you'll always think about what could have happened. So I'm not sure if that helps at all, but I'm just saying what I feel. Another thing I just thought of is that if you are really shy, you will either find someone shy like you, or you'll find someone outgoing to help you be more outgoing. So yea, feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

paragraphs are you're friend :wink:
    Spelling is your friend.
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

I never know what to talk about, what are some good conversation topics?
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

anything man, just show interest in her. ask her where she's from, what she likes to do, eat, drink, just spur up topics. ask her about some shit you've seen lately or like to do, that way you can try and find common grounds.

once you get into it for a couple minutes it will all flow naturally, just need to think of those first couple thing

women love a guy thats easy to talk to, it makes them feel a lot more comfortable

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast