Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

I would really appreciate some help

and who better to ask than my fellow Viking fans.

I've always been a shy person, and I'm not very socialable. Therefore, I avoid going to parties and other social events.

When I met someone new, it takes time for me to get comfortable around them, especially females. Most people who really get to know me, love my personality, but it takes me a while to open up.

When I was in school, I never went to any of the dances, I didn't even go to prom. I never had a girlfriend, because I was so afraid to approach the girls that I liked. And not that many girls approached me, so I went through High School not having a single girlfriend.

Now don't get me wrong, I was able to socialize with girls, but it seemed like they only wanted me as a friend, nothing more.

Most of my friends are very outgoing, so they don't have any problems speaking to the ladies. I have a very hard time speaking to women, because I get very nervous and I always feel like I'm going to do or say something wrong.

Another thing I've never understood is why MOST women love the " outgoing guy". Usually, women don't like shy guys, it's always has to be the one who sticks out.

1. What can I do to become more comfortable at parties and other social events?

2. How can I become more comfortable when approaching women?

3. Why do MOST women love the " outgoing guy?"

Some help would be appreciated. :sad:
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Re: I would really appreciate some help

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    I don't know how old you are, but drinking alcohol would loosen you up a lot. Also I feel that the more parties you attend the more comfortable you will become, especially when you start getting to know people better.

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    I guess it comes with practice. Eventually you will realize that girls are normal and that you don't need to act differently around them.

"PurplePride80" wrote:

3. Why do MOST women love the " outgoing guy"?
    Girls like a confident guy. Shyness is a form of insecurity to some girls and they do not like that. That is why they also like the "bad boys" because they don't care what people think which girls see as confidence. However, some girls do go for the shy type, but these girls tend to be crazy and like shy guys so they can control them.

Just my 2 cents.

Hang in there buddy, be patient. You will find the right girl eventually. :thumbleft:
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Well purplepride, I'm going to try to attempt to answer question 3, and remember that this is a girls' perspective and I know in the dating scene I can never really understand it from a guy's perspective, so try to remember that, this is just what I think. It's not that we love the "outgoing guy" we just like a guy who is confidant enough to talk to us or ask us out. I know there is really no "cure" for being shy, but you can't let being scared of doing something wrong get in the way of asking a girl out, because you could miss out on something really great. I'm sure it probably sucks working up the guts to ask out a girl, and rejection can be scary too but you live and learn. Life is about rejection, everyone has been through it and you can't just not ask someone out because your afraid of it. Through all the rejections you will eventually find the right person, but you'll never find the right person if you just sit around and don't do anything about it. There's really no other way to say it, if you like someone you have to tell them how you feel otherwise you will always regret it and you'll always think about what could have happened. So I'm not sure if that helps at all, but I'm just saying what I feel. Another thing I just thought of is that if you are really shy, you will either find someone shy like you, or you'll find someone outgoing to help you be more outgoing. So yea, feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    "PurplePride80" wrote:
    I don't know how old you are, but drinking alcohol would loosen you up a lot. Also I feel that the more parties you attend the more comfortable you will become, especially when you start getting to know people better.

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    I guess it comes with practice. Eventually you will realize that girls are normal and that you don't need to act differently around them.

"PurplePride80" wrote:

3. Why do MOST women love the " outgoing guy"?
    Girls like a confident guy. Shyness is a form of insecurity to some girls and they do not like that. That is why they also like the "bad boys" because they don't care what people think which girls see as confidence. However, some girls do go for the shy type, but these girls tend to be crazy and like shy guys so they can control them.

Just my 2 cents.

Hang in there buddy, be patient. You will find the right girl eventually. :thumbleft:
    I'm 20 years old and I don't drink.
    Young bitches is grazed

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    Well purplepride, I'm going to try to attempt to answer question 3, and remember that this is a girls' perspective and I know in the dating scene I can never really understand it from a guy's perspective, so try to remember that, this is just what I think. It's not that we love the "outgoing guy" we just like a guy who is confidant enough to talk to us or ask us out. I know there is really no "cure" for being shy, but you can't let being scared of doing something wrong get in the way of asking a girl out, because you could miss out on something really great. I'm sure it probably sucks working up the guts to ask out a girl, and rejection can be scary too but you live and learn. Life is about rejection, everyone has been through it and you can't just not ask someone out because your afraid of it. Through all the rejections you will eventually find the right person, but you'll never find the right person if you just sit around and don't do anything about it. There's really no other way to say it, if you like someone you have to tell them how you feel otherwise you will always regret it and you'll always think about what could have happened. So I'm not sure if that helps at all, but I'm just saying what I feel. Another thing I just thought of is that if you are really shy, you will either find someone shy like you, or you'll find someone outgoing to help you be more outgoing. So yea, feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

paragraphs are you're friend :wink:

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    "PurplePride80" wrote:
    "PurplePride80" wrote:

I'm 20 years old and I don't drink.
    That's cool. I'm not a drinker either. You don't need alcohol to be social. Some people think they need it to have a good time, but you really don't.

Like I said earlier, just don't be afraid to go to parties or just hang out. I'm not saying go ask the first girl you see, but maybe try some small talk to help break the ice. It's pretty safe to talk about what's on TV or something like that and not look like you are hitting on them.

Try to not think about it too much or worry about it. Just be yourself!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I'm kinda the same way so I can't really help you. Sorry. Hope it all works out though.

Thanks WBLVikeBabe and NeoVikesTX.

I understand why women like the "badboys", but I just wanted to get a further explanation.
    Young bitches is grazed

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

It's not necessarily the bad boys, I'm not really into the bad boys, but like I said earlier, I like a guy who has enough confidence to talk to me or ask me out.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    Yeah, I know what you mean.

Throughout High School, I really liked this girl named Liz.

But we were only acquaintances, nothing more.

I always wanted to ask her out, but I never had the nerve to actually do it. And I assumed she wouldn't like me.

Eventually, I couldn't keep it on my conscience anymore, so I decided to tell her how I felt. One night,I just said "what the hell", and I instant messaged her and told her that I liked her. She told me that she was glad I told her how I felt, but she really didn't have any interest in me.

So my assumptions were correct. :sad:
    Young bitches is grazed

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast