Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: I wanna know how to get drafted by NFL?

Yes you can. You have to try out and there is a slim chance to make it as a walk on.

Go to a smaller school, if your good you can transfer.

Do you play now?

DEVIKINGFAN! is offline Pro-Bowler

How bout the CFL- Flutie, Moon, BUD GRANT, LOTS of others.......

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn t thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

All I want to say is good luck. If you really have a strong desire to play in the NFL and you are young and athletic, go for it. Do what you have to do to get a shot in the least. Network, physical training, tryouts, get into college and let it be known what your goals are. Above all, be realisitc. Unless you are very smart and athletic or have blazing speed and great hands or are just plain big and strong, you will have a hard time getting noticed. If that is the case, practice punting and kicking. You never know. It seems there is always room for another punter or kicker. If you can get the ball through the uprights under pressure or boot a ball 40 to 50 yards on a punt, you could get noticed. Heck, I would settle for that.

I have more respect for someone who tries and fails than someone who never tries at all. If you are serious, good luck, but don't expect it to come to you. And for God's sake, get an education in the process to fall back on if things don't work out as you like. Heck, get an education even if they do work out.

vikes4lyfe is offline Starter

I'm in HIgh School and i'm 15 years old.

I'm really fast and have great hands and i play WR. I was wondering if you join an REP team do scoutz come?
    ppl are saying that i sould play CFL for couple years and then try out for an NFL team instead if going to america and playing NCAA.

Vikez4Lyfe I'll hook you up if i get in

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Play hard every play. If you are good enough word will get out and they will come to see you.

Good luck!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

ppl are saying that i sould play CFL for couple years and then try out for an NFL team instead if going to america and playing NCAA.
    I would guess either way would work, but you only play football for awhile in your life. There's nothing like a good solid college education and America has the finest colleges in the world.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Thnkz

A problem is that my HS doesnt have a football team. SO i have to join the REP team. DO I HAVE TO COME TO AMERICA to get a SCHOLARSHIP or a way to get onto an NCAA team? Or is it easier just to make it to the CFL and then try out for an NFL?

Del Rio Guest

"vikes4lyfe" wrote:
    I'm in HIgh School and i'm 15 years old.

I'm really fast and have great hands and i play WR. I was wondering if you join an REP team do scoutz come?

Vikez4Lyfe I'll hook you up if i get in
    There is actually a program for HS kids. It has 3 football camps a year and I know for a fact there were some kids from Europe there so it is fair game. It is expensive though I don't remember the cost. There are pro players and coaches active and retired that help out.

I'll have to find the info.

Are those 3 programs in Canada?
    If it is Can you find give me the info after you find it?
    I wanna try out for NFL

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

Kid you are 15! Don't put the cart before the horse. Long term goal, play in the NFL. Now break that down into several short term goals. Top of the list is EDUCATION. Get good grades each semester/year. Get a HS diploma (while actually being educated). Practice, Practice, Practice. Stay in top physical and MENTAL shape. NEVER EVER forget about your EDUCATION. Even if you get well on your way, you are one blown knee from flipping burgers without one.

Think how your education will help your goals of being an NFL player. Mathematics, money management, time management, dedication, public speaking, history, writing/reading skills. Hard and dedicated practice.

I like what someone else said here about going out for other sports (kidding or not). Get into wrestling to help with balance and stamina, track for speed and endurance, basketball for coordination, and don't forget dance class so you can do some funky dance in the end zone.

After HS, college. Same thing. How will each class help not only your intelligence in life, but for your passion of football? Keep it all in perspective. Your intelligence will definatetly give you an edge in getting noticed in the NFL. And for gods sakes be real. Be humble yet confindent and be considerate. Take HOME EC classes if that will help that.

And pick a major that is your second passion. That way it will be easier to keep in line. Football won't last forever. But give em hell. And when you make it big in football or whatever you end up doing, don't forget about us here at PPO. Keep us informed. And when NFL happens, tell them you want to play for the VIKES!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast