Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: I wanna know how to get drafted by NFL?

You gotta be pretty good to make it onto a Division 1A roster in NCAA and really good to even make the practice squad of an NFL team.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

1. If a team has open tryouts, you could get in that way...slim chance, but if you are good enough, they will probably sign you to the practice squad or send you to NFL Europe.

2. Play college BASKETBALL and then tryout for an NFL team (Antonio Gates and Steve Jordan did it, among others)

3. Tryout for an Arena League or other semi-pro team, get signed by one of them and play, then hire an agent and shop a tape of your highlights (Kurt Warner and others have done it that way...although most of them also played college ball).

4. Get signed by a junior college and then apply for the NFL draft when you are eligible.

5. HIRE DREW ROSENHAUS!!!

6. Next question...

7. Next question...

8. Next question...

9. Next question...

10. Next question...

LOL!!!

GOOD LUCK!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

vikes4lyfe is offline Starter

The problem is that u'm in Canada. So i waws wondering if i have to come to America?

I heard you start at division 2AA or 3 standing? then you move up?
    I want to be in NFL?

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

If you don't get a scholarship offer. Enroll at a D1 college. Go to the football tryouts. EARN a walk-on roster spot. Work your A$$ off in practice and maybe EARN some playing time. Make the most of your playing time and EARN a scholarship. Keep making the most of your playing time and EARN and invite to the scouting combine. Go to the scouting combine, do well, and EARN the respect of a team that is willing to use one of there precious draft picks on you.

In short you have to EARN it!!!!!!
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

How old are you?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

I remember when i was younger, i had dreams of playing in just about every major league sport there was! Haha enjoy it while you can dude! :smile:
    ;-)

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"MrGopher16" wrote:
    I remember when i was younger, i had dreams of playing in just about every major league sport there was! Haha enjoy it while you can dude! :smile:
    At least you get to be a mascot, Mr. Gopher! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

The best way is to play college football and really stand out. As a Canadian, the way you'd be able to get a scholarship is to put together a highlight film of your high school career and send it to a lot of different colleges. If they're impressed enough with you, they'll invite you down for a tryout. If they like you enough there, they may offer you a scholarship to play. If you've ever heard of Carlos Boozer (plays for the Utah Jazz now), he got a scholarship at Duke because he sent Mike Krzyzewski a highlight DVD of himself when he was in his senior year of high school. Boozer was from Alaska so he didn't get a lot of exposure to American colleges, so he ended up playing division I basketball just because he sent a highlight reel to Coach K. If you stand out enough in college (and believe me, you have to be damn good) you'll get drafted. Otherwise, the only you'll make a team is to tryout when a team has open tryouts or to play Arena football or even Canadian football and keep shopping around to NFL teams until you find someone that needs you. It's incredibly tough.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Good luck with this man.. Hope ya get in.. If ya do hook me up with tickets first dibs!!

Del Rio Guest

"ltrey33" wrote:
    The best way is to play college football and really stand out. As a Canadian, the way you'd be able to get a scholarship is to put together a highlight film of your high school career and send it to a lot of different colleges. If they're impressed enough with you, they'll invite you down for a tryout. If they like you enough there, they may offer you a scholarship to play. If you've ever heard of Carlos Boozer (plays for the Utah Jazz now), he got a scholarship at Duke because he sent Mike Krzyzewski a highlight DVD of himself when he was in his senior year of high school. Boozer was from Alaska so he didn't get a lot of exposure to American colleges, so he ended up playing division I basketball just because he sent a highlight reel to Coach K. If you stand out enough in college (and believe me, you have to be gol 'darnit good) you'll get drafted. Otherwise, the only you'll make a team is to tryout when a team has open tryouts or to play Arena football or even Canadian football and keep shopping around to NFL teams until you find someone that needs you. It's incredibly tough.
    Yeah and now he is sitting on the bench faking injuries trying to get traded because he has guaranteed money in his pocket lol.

The easiest way is to play DivI and stand out in special teams. Special teams player of the week/month bring recognition from scouts. Good special teams players can earn a spot in a dedicated position after success in practice, games, and study sessions.

I mean if your one of the best in the world then you have a good shot at landing a job no problem. If all you want is a chance to show your stuff and you aren't making the top ten list for your position you need to excell at special teams.

I have a handful of friends that played special teams, they were out of the NFL in one season. It's a rough ride, but if you are confident, and you want to work for it, that is the biggest doorway.

When you get your chances to shine you better shine. They are limited.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast