Del Rio Guest

I saved a man with bubble wrap

Well it finally happened. I have waited my whole life to able to say this. But today on January 24th 2005 I saved a man's life with bubble wrap.

The story goes like this: I am working sort of.........I go down to the dock to see if any of my materials I ordered have come. As I approach I see a man on a ladder and another man running a mobile hydraulic lift. Well Long story short the guy running the lift knocks the ladder out from under this guys feet.

He falls a good 15 feet and bounces off of my huge roll of bubble wrap that has been sitting on the dock for 2 weeks. The same bubble wrap that my boss has been nagging on me to pick up. The roll is six feet tall and about 8-10 feet wide.

What's even more impressive is a week ago when he told me to take it to my area I just moved it out of the way and left it. I forgot about it but I sat it on top of a pallet that had a bunch of old metal scraps on it. So the guy would have landed right on it.

I gotta give the guy credit it was quite graceful and he was ok. Except he was super pissed at his buddy.

Del Rio Guest

http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/

On a very related note you can check the link out above and click your state to see where the haunted locations are where you live and read the stories behind them.

I just didn't want to start a new thread :lol:

Mr. O is offline Starter

Awesome. We must ensure this story is passed on for generations and becomes legendary. Next time someone says something bad about bubble wrap, we can say, oh yeah, well one time bubble wrap saved a man's life! It was a normal day in Utah and .....
    A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. - Woodrow Wyatt

Del Rio Guest

"Mr. O" wrote:
    Awesome. We must ensure this story is passed on for generations and becomes legendary. Next time someone says something bad about bubble wrap, we can say, oh yeah, well one time bubble wrap saved a man's life! It was a normal day in Utah and .....
    Exactly I get so tired of people labeling bubble wrap as useless. Most people feel it should only be used to pop the air pockets, cushion grandma's china or strangle a loved one. But I am a testement that bubble wrap can indeed be a productive tool to society.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Way to go DR!!

To bad there wasn't a video!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

If I had a camera I would have filmed it and sold it to a company that made WTF NOT to do while driving a lift LOL.

He was ok though so I would have to split the cash with him. I am happy though because in all the chaos I forgot to move the bubble wrap again. And since I only work on Monday and take the rest of the week to think about the weekend I will be letting it sit there a while LOL.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Not to mention saves lifes, saves the company $$$ in workmans comp.
    DR tell your boss I said to give you a raise!!
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Interesting haunted site. You know they say Hawaii is the most haunted places in the world.

I mean in some many different places you can see the nightmarchers, at night of course marching down to the sea and if you get in their path or even look at them with eye to eye contact, you become one of them. And the scary part is you dont just find them in one place, you find the same kind of ghost in many different areas around hawaii.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Del Rio Guest

Yeah the ghost link is pretty interesting there is a story in there for Utah about my elementary school about a kid who drowned in the pond next to the school.

I didn't know the kid but he was my age and in the other 4th grade class and I remember the day he drowned. I guess they say he haunts the playground area of the school as well as the pond. I fished the pond a lot and still do fish it and I have never seen what they say happens.

On a related note one time I was camping in the High Uintas me and my buddy backpacked in. We were deep in there by a creek it was during the Elk hunt and we were both keeping warm by drinking a load of MGD. I go down to the creek to take care of some buisiness and I see these glowing eyes on the bank. When they see me they stare right at me and then they lift up above my head like something was getting a drink and stood up.

Now I am 6'4 folks that was some serious largeness. Not saying it was bigfoot, or anything but it helped me take care of my buisiness a little faster then I would have on my own.

I told my buddy and he said did it try and mate with you? I said no. Then he said it wasn't bigfoot because I am so ugly that I would be one hot mamma in bigfoot land they wouldn't be able to resist LMAO.

Del Rio Guest

Anyone else find this disturbing?