Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: I have never been more thankful to be a Vikings fan

How was your hangover?

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"VikingMD" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Don't want to take away from what everyone else said, but damn........., CJ is a great American.

Not many honest people in the world today.
    Our friend sure could have been a easy mark.
    +1. Thank God, that CJ was was not named Bubba and a Packer fan, or he may have taking care of you in other ways.

BTW, drink to have fun...not black out.
    First.. Gregair.. glad your buddy had your back and helped ya out. That is what friends are for.

MD... did you really have to go there. Bubba, couldn't think of a better name.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Zeus" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    Some of these replies were unexpected. In defense of me, I had very little to eat that day and I guess went a little too hard all at once. There was free beer at work and then $20 for all you can drink at the bar. Can you really blame me? First blackout ever too and I have had way more to drink before than I did yesterday.

I was with a huge group of friends. In talking with them this morning, they assumed I was with someone else in the group so I guess the buddy system failed. From what they said, one minute I was there and the next I was not so I probably tried to get home, knowing I was done for, and did not make it all the way to the metro.

I really just wanted to make this topic because, thanks to the Vikings and this site, I was able to met a really great person to help a brother out. We always talk about people helping each other out on the site, and now I have experienced it first hand. Nice to know that we care about each other.
    Sometimes shit just happens bro...glad to hear you're alright.
    The buddy system has failed me as well...although typically it's probably your best bet eh?
    SuperClean!

=Z=
    Somebody is familiar with the story.
    ;D

That shirt was priceless.
    It can never be replaced.

EDIT:
    Any idea where that thread was discussed?
    I'd like to try and find out what restaurant we ate at after the game...some seafood chain.
    Figure I'll try calling them and see if they have a lost and found.

DOUBLE EDIT:
    Did a search for seafood restaurants in Nashville...which refreshed my memory - Joe's Crab Shack.
    I called the place and had them check the lost and found but no dice.
    >

Super Clean is dead.
    For all I know I lost it when I passed out outside the stadium before we went to Joe's.
    Or after we left Joes...at which point the entire day/evening is 97% blackout until about 2AM when I suddently sobered up and wondered where the hell I was and how the hell I was going to get back to my hotel.

Don't black out or you might lose an unreplacable T-shirt!
    Or kill somebody...both are bad.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Honestly, I've blacked out more times than a heroin addict prostitute.

I wouldn't let people's opinions of you get in the way too much, but you may need to take a deep look at yourself and think whether or not you need help. That's all I can say.

With that said, I've woken up in Coney Island on a subway with a cop tapping me on the shoulder to wake up at 8am.

We all have our nights. Just don't make it every night.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Some people black out much easier than others too. I think most of us could agree that drinking to the point of blacking out is in itself a problem.
    Doesn't mean you have a drinking problem but it's not a good thing to do.
    You know yourself and your limits better than anybody on this site.
    Sounds like your comfortable with yourself so us internet strangers should be too.

It will make for a fun story to tell your grand kids someday.
    Did you get CJ's number?
    Sounds like a guy you might want to hang with more often.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I think the problem was I didn't eat enough during the day because those drinks kicked my ass fast. I do know my limits, but when I have a full stomach.

Yeah I have CJs number. We hung out after a baseball game about a month ago.

And actually I wasn't too bad when I got up this morning. I think the fact that I was unsure where I was woke me up fast.
    We're bringing purple back.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"gregair13" wrote:
    I think the problem was I didn't eat enough during the day because those drinks kicked my ass fast. I do know my limits, but when I have a full stomach.

Yeah I have CJs number. We hung out after a baseball game about a month ago.

And actually I wasn't too bad when I got up this morning. I think the fact that I was unsure where I was woke me up fast.
    yeah, no-food drunks suck HARD.

Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

"gregair13" wrote:
    In short, I got drunk last night and remember nothing. I guess I passed out somewhere and the cops came. They called people in my phone until someone answered. CJ is the man who answered that phone. He came to where I was, took me in his car and welcomed me into his home. Without him, who knows where I would have ended up.

Thank you CJ. I owe you my life.
    Ill tell you where you would have ended up: In a very hard, empty and cold drunkcell with a toilet and a bucket to do the puking in. Im just surprised the cops took your cellphone and started to call around. I guess they didnt want you puking in their car Your lucky indeed, here you would have ended up in that drunkcell right away. Or doesnt the cops have those drunkcells wehere you live? or were?

No matter what its a good story!

This is no big deal and as you wrote, you already know the why and youll maybe have some barsnack to go with the drinks the next time

Cheers,
    Pierre

PS Please please oh great Bacchus, can you make bars in Sweden have "drink-as-much-as-you-want-for-really-no-money-at-all"!

PS2 For those who threw the first stone. Have you never ever had a blackout, or been in a stupor, or blanked out? Well, doesnt matter really. That was so judgemental!! But i even forgot who wrote that now when i write this so i wont judge you since i dont remeber who it was.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Dekay" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    In short, I got drunk last night and remember nothing. I guess I passed out somewhere and the cops came. They called people in my phone until someone answered. CJ is the man who answered that phone. He came to where I was, took me in his car and welcomed me into his home. Without him, who knows where I would have ended up.

Thank you CJ. I owe you my life.
    Ill tell you where you would have ended up: In a very hard, empty and cold drunkcell with a toilet and a bucket to do the puking in. Im just surprised the cops took your cellphone and started to call around. I guess they didnt want you puking in their car Your lucky indeed, here you would have ended up in that drunkcell right away. Or doesnt the cops have those drunkcells wehere you live? or were?

No matter what its a good story!

This is no big deal and as you wrote, you already know the why and youll maybe have some barsnack to go with the drinks the next time

Cheers,
    Pierre

PS Please please oh great Bacchus, can you make bars in Sweden have "drink-as-much-as-you-want-for-really-no-money-at-all"!

PS2 For those who threw the first stone. Have you never ever had a blackout, or been in a stupor, or blanked out? Well, doesnt matter really. That was so judgemental!! But i even forgot who wrote that now when i write this so i wont judge you since i dont remeber who it was.
    Not trying to be judgemental at all.
    Just trying to help a young man see what is in front of him, and telling him there may be a problem there.

I believe, one black-out is one to many.
    A normal social drinker, doesn't have black outs, NEVER!
    Lord knows, I wish I new when I was in my teen's and twentys, what I know now. I was a black-out drinker for many years, and can't count the number I had. I'm a very lucky person to have made it thru my teens and twentys. And if ever there is a chance to reach out and help someone else I see who might be heading down a dangerous road, I will speeck my mind to them.
    Don't want to come down to hard, but I won't act like I think it's funny or alright to go thru what g did.
    YOur very lucky that is all that happened.....If you are going to drink, drink responsibly...I will say, I CAN"T, so I don't !

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    Honestly, I've blacked out more times than a heroin addict prostitute.

I wouldn't let people's opinions of you get in the way too much, but you may need to take a deep look at yourself and think whether or not you need help. That's all I can say.

With that said, I've woken up in Coney Island on a subway with a cop tapping me on the shoulder to wake up at 8am.

We all have our nights. Just don't make it every night.

Was that you C Mac?!?

One can look back at a situation like this and laugh, but of course it could have turned out badly. Once I passed out on my bus ride home, and woke up as the bus was making its route stopping at all the terminals in JFK Airport. I got off at my regular stop as it headed back to its origin. To be young and foolish...now I'm old and...

Glad you're OK Greg, and that CJ was there for you.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast