Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: I have never been more thankful to be a Vikings fan

Gregair:

I have been where you were once before, sort of. After a night of drinking with some friends after work, I actually drove home, and I don't remember driving home. Passing out and not remembering how you got somewhere is not a good feeling, that's for sure. Please be careful when you drink, and like Ned said, maybe you should get some help, or at least talk to someone about it. We want you around for a long time!

OK, enough preaching - thank you to CJ, whoever you are. You are a decent human being.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I've had my share of F'd up nights.
    As SIA put it though - going blank-o is not a good thing.
    It's really not OK to drink to that point...and I'm not saying that in a condescending tone either - I've been there too.
    The Vikings game in Nashville last year against the Titans being one of the more recent times.
    IBP mentioned the buddy system - doesn't always work as it's pretty easy to get lost from the herd when bouncing between crowded bars.
    Pretty soon you're all alone, lost, confused, drunk, etc.

Any of you hard core drinkers up for a challenge?
    Try going 1 full week without drinking.
    Maybe I'll even join you.
    If you pass the test perhaps your not an alki afterall, lol.
    been dry for about 3 weeks until wednesday , then today, then probably on another hiatus.
    I've been dry for 1 day.
    Decided I need to cut back on drinking...I just really really love the taste of a cold beer in the summer.
    I never drink as much in the winter.
    The last thing I want though is to get to the point where it's actually difficult not to drink...Because once you've hit that point, the game is over.
    Either you drink your life away or you stay completely sober.
    I want the luxury of having a cold beer every now and then.
    One thing I've learned about addiction is once your hooked, you can't go back to casual "using" - Being addicted to cigarettes (as lame as that sounds) has taught me that.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    It's really not OK to drink to that point...and I'm not saying that in a condescending tone either - I've been there too.
    The Vikings game in Nashville last year against the Titans being one of the more recent times.
    IBP mentioned the buddy system - doesn't always work as it's pretty easy to get lost from the herd when bouncing between crowded bars.

been dry for about 3 weeks until wednesday , then today, then probably on another hiatus.
    I've been dry for 1 day.
    Decided I need to cut back on drinking...I just really really love the taste of a cold beer in the summer.
    The last thing I want though is to get to the point where it's actually difficult not to drink...Because once you've hit that point, the game is over.
    One thing I've learned about addiction is once your hooked, you can't go back to casual "using" - Being addicted to cigarettes (as lame as that sounds) has taught me that.
    well, I figure i might as well save my money, once I go back to school, its all downhill.

But I"m with you there.
    A nice cold beer on a summer day is great.
    Its not like I NEED to have a beer, I choose to.
    Thats like saying "Don't ahve anything to drink except water for a week"
    Its not that I can't do it, I just want to.

Jilly is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Don't want to take away from what everyone else said, but damn........., CJ is a great American.

Not many honest people in the world today.
    Our friend sure could have been a easy mark.
    +1. Thank God, that CJ was was not named Bubba and a Packer fan, or he may have taking care of you in other ways.

BTW, drink to have fun...not black out.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

I've been dry for 1 day.
    well, I figure i might as well save my money, once I go back to school, its all downhill.

But I"m with you there.

My fear is not knowing when it changes from "It's not that I can't do it, I just want to".
    You know what I mean?
    It's not like a sign goes off that says "Caution - now entering addiction zone".
    It's my opinion that usually addictions sneak up on you.
    I remember being 16 and casually smoking cigarettes...got busted by my mom and promised her I'd quit...thinking no big deal - I had only been smoking a few months.
    Well I was about 3 hours into the next day when I started realizing that I was addicted to these lil' fuckers.
    That was over 11 years ago and roughly $15,000...still smoking.
    Thank God it wasn't Blow or Meth or I'd really be F'd right now.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Some of these replies were unexpected. In defense of me, I had very little to eat that day and I guess went a little too hard all at once. There was free beer at work and then $20 for all you can drink at the bar. Can you really blame me? First blackout ever too and I have had way more to drink before than I did yesterday.

I was with a huge group of friends. In talking with them this morning, they assumed I was with someone else in the group so I guess the buddy system failed. From what they said, one minute I was there and the next I was not so I probably tried to get home, knowing I was done for, and did not make it all the way to the metro.

I really just wanted to make this topic because, thanks to the Vikings and this site, I was able to met a really great person to help a brother out. We always talk about people helping each other out on the site, and now I have experienced it first hand. Nice to know that we care about each other.
    We're bringing purple back.

"gregair13" wrote:
    Some of these replies were unexpected. In defense of me, I had very little to eat that day and I guess went a little too hard all at once. There was free beer at work and then $20 for all you can drink at the bar. Can you really blame me? First blackout ever too and I have had way more to drink before than I did yesterday.

I was with a huge group of friends. In talking with them this morning, they assumed I was with someone else in the group so I guess the buddy system failed. From what they said, one minute I was there and the next I was not so I probably tried to get home, knowing I was done for, and did not make it all the way to the metro.

I really just wanted to make this topic because, thanks to the Vikings and this site, I was able to met a really great person to help a brother out. We always talk about people helping each other out on the site, and now I have experienced it first hand. Nice to know that we care about each other.
    Sometimes shit just happens bro...glad to hear you're alright.
    The buddy system has failed me as well...although typically it's probably your best bet eh?

Blog Entries

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

I've been dry for 1 day.

But I"m with you there.

My fear is not knowing when it changes from "It's not that I can't do it, I just want to".
    You know what I mean?
    It's not like a sign goes off that says "Caution - now entering addiction zone".
    It's my opinion that usually addictions sneak up on you.
    I remember being 16 and casually smoking cigarettes...got busted by my mom and promised her I'd quit...thinking no big deal - I had only been smoking a few months.
    Well I was about 3 hours into the next day when I started realizing that I was addicted to these lil' fuckers.
    That was over 11 years ago and roughly $15,000...still smoking.
    Thank God it wasn't Blow or Meth or I'd really be F'd right now.
    good point.
    Just the fact that I was able to go from constantly drinking in university residence, to hardly drinking during the summer, makes me believe I'm stilll fully in the recreational drinking category rather than the problem drinking category.

Besides, its not a drinking problem until you're out of school
    (I know.....
    : )

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

Sometimes shit just happens bro...glad to hear you're alright.
    The buddy system has failed me as well...although typically it's probably your best bet eh?
    SuperClean!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Blog Entries

"gregair13" wrote:

sucks to hear that.
    I guess the buddy sytem will fail at times, but is usually your best bet.
    Probably different for me anyway, in a smaller city, the bars aren't as crowded, and usually its not hard to round everyone up if we're going to go somewhere else.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast