Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I Got Hosed!!!!!

Well folks, I have been officially screwed. Last Thursday I preorderd an XBox 360 off of Ebay. I thought I got a great deal, and didn't even have to buy those dumbass "bundles" they sell in the stores. Well, it seems like that wasn't the case. Unfortunately, EBay decided to wait until AFTER the listing to check the guy's credentials and proof that he was going to get the systems when he said he did. I got this today:

We recently removed all of this seller's listings and
    have suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns
    we will not be able to share further details related to this seller.

If you have not sent payment to the seller, we urge you to not proceed
    with the transaction.
    What a bunch of crap! Now I have to go to Wal-Mart on MONDAY NIGHT at like 8 o'clock and wait in line til midnight to get my system. Oh well, hopefully the Vikes will be on the TVs in the electronics department, if not....you best damn well believe they're putting the game on one of the TVs! Thanks a lot E*gay!

Prophet Guest

Re: I Got Hosed!!!!!

Did you lose the coin too?

Thankfully all I had to do was call my credit card company, and they said they'd get it removed. Otherwise I would have lost about 275 dollars because Ebay's insurance policy only covers 175 dollars of items over 200 dollars. So whether the item is 200 bucks or 500 bucks, they give you 175.

Prophet Guest

Ouch. I bought a laptop for $1000 a few years back from a supposedly reputable company. About a year after I bought it I had a problem and called Dell and they told me that this laptop was stolen and they couldn't sell me any parts for it. The bottom-line is I learned that if you ever buy a computer on ebay make sure you get the transfer of title (or whatever it's called) from the previous owner.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

eBay was probably looking out for you.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

that sucks man.

Go vikes!!

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    eBay was probably looking out for you.
    I know they were. It just makes me kind of hot, because they said "don't pay this guy" when the auction said payment must be made within 24 hours. So sending the e-mail about 5 days after the auction is kind of uselsss. It's just frustrating.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

EBAY is an internet Flea Market.

A place to get rid of Junk!

I have bought stuff from there, and I have found some good sellers. But I stopped buying expensive stuff ($100 of more) because of all the crap. I will buy that stuff at a reputable store from now on.

I purchased a Nikon Camera battery(off brand) for my D2h and it went bad.

I had a total of 3, and 2 went bad after 30 days and the 3rd one just went bad after 60 days. This company doesn't cover any products past 30 days. By the time I got a hold of Ebay, it was after their 45 day limit which they would have only helped me with partial credit. This company is still selling batteries and getting positive feed back because their stuff doesn't go bad until way after the fact of the feed back.

BUYER BEWARE!!!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Well, about 2 monthes ago I bought an "authentic" NFL jersey from EBay and this guy had good feedback. When the jersey came, it was not even close to an "authentic".

I wrote the guy and he still stood by that it was an "authentic" (it had iron on coloring on the sleeve ends and no NFL patch on the collar like the picture showed and said it would have in the description). I told him the jersey was in no way close to the picture in the auction and I wanted my money back. He said send the jersey and would refund. Well, been 2 monthes now and numerous e-mails and still no money back in my PayPal account. The thing is, I will get him in the end. Myself and a couple other people who bought from him (and left negative feedback and bought through PayPal, I e-mailed all of them myself) have filed a claim on this guy and from what i'm hearing from PayPal his account is about to go "Bye - Bye" with them from numerous complaints from EBay customers (ya, they know which side of their bread is butter with EBay customers). If anyone is familiar with e-bay, PayPal is preferred method of payment.

So, the loss of my money to this RETARD will be WELL worth it in the end if PayPal ends their relationship with him. Don't try and screw me, I will get you in the end every time ........ :twisted:

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Ebay sucks dude.. Everyone I know gets ripped off..

Funny story.. My friend thought he was ordering a crotch rocket for 25 bucks.. He was all excited.. And when his order came it was just a paper that told him how to build one.. Man I could not stop laughing when I saw his face after he saw that thing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast