Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: I don't get it

  1. #1
    WisconsinSucks's Avatar
    WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    567

    I don't get it

    Why is everyone so focused on how many posts they have? Does that make them a better Viking fan?

    I look at the posts because it is the quickest way to see if anything has happened that is relative to the Vikings. Thanks alot to Singer since he seems to be the fatsest.

    I'll join in if I feel I have a something substantial to say or if I'm on the road for work and drunk from co-workers.

    But having people posting "yes" " You Betcha" "I agree" or lets play a game "Say a word that starts with B" I mean come on. Pretty Dumb.

  2. #2
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: I don't get it

    Totally.

  3. #3
    shockzilla's Avatar
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    6,204
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: I don't get it

    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    Why is everyone so focused on how many posts they have? Does that make them a better Viking fan?

    I look at the posts because it is the quickest way to see if anything has happened that is relative to the Vikings. Thanks alot to Singer since he seems to be the fatsest.

    I'll join in if I feel I have a something substantial to say or if I'm on the road for work and drunk from co-workers.

    But having people posting "yes" " You Betcha" "I agree" or lets play a game "Say a word that starts with B" I mean come on. Pretty Dumb.
    Please do not criticize other members. That is one of the Golden Rules of this site.

    And everyone is not "focused" on other's post counts. Just because someone has 5000 posts doesn't make them any better than someone with 50 posts. It's all in the QUALITY of the posts, not QUANTITY.

    Judge not, lest ye be judged.

    Thanks for listening.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

  4. #4
    magicci's Avatar
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    oxnard, ca
    Posts
    5,440

    Re: I don't get it

    "shockzilla" wrote:
    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    Why is everyone so focused on how many posts they have? Does that make them a better Viking fan?

    I look at the posts because it is the quickest way to see if anything has happened that is relative to the Vikings. Thanks alot to Singer since he seems to be the fatsest.

    I'll join in if I feel I have a something substantial to say or if I'm on the road for work and drunk from co-workers.

    But having people posting "yes" " You Betcha" "I agree" or lets play a game "Say a word that starts with B" I mean come on. Pretty Dumb.
    Please do not criticize other members. That is one of the Golden Rules of this site.

    And everyone is not "focused" on other's post counts. Just because someone has 5000 posts doesn't make them any better than someone with 50 posts. It's all in the QUALITY of the posts, not QUANTITY.

    Judge not, lest ye be judged.

    Thanks for listening.
    yup he's right. just because cajun is up there dont mean he's anybetter than you or the rest of us, were all equal scum here :lol:

  5. #5
    WisconsinSucks's Avatar
    WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    567

    Re: I don't get it

    "shockzilla" wrote:
    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    Why is everyone so focused on how many posts they have? Does that make them a better Viking fan?

    I look at the posts because it is the quickest way to see if anything has happened that is relative to the Vikings. Thanks alot to Singer since he seems to be the fatsest.

    I'll join in if I feel I have a something substantial to say or if I'm on the road for work and drunk from co-workers.

    But having people posting "yes" " You Betcha" "I agree" or lets play a game "Say a word that starts with B" I mean come on. Pretty Dumb.
    Please do not criticize other members. That is one of the Golden Rules of this site.

    And everyone is not "focused" on other's post counts. Just because someone has 5000 posts doesn't make them any better than someone with 50 posts. It's all in the QUALITY of the posts, not QUANTITY.

    Judge not, lest ye be judged.

    Thanks for listening.
    I appologize if you think I criticized anyone. My point was not the quantity of posts but the quality. Which you you stated. But from my point of view, the number of posts does seem to be a big "DEAL". Look at my status now is a common thread. I don't really care just a point of view.

  6. #6
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: I don't get it

    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    I appologize if you think I criticized anyone. My point was not the quantity of posts but the quality. Which you you stated. But from my point of view, the number of posts does seem to be a big "DEAL". Look at my status now is a common thread. I don't really care just a point of view.
    Actually, the vast majority of the "Congrats" threads are started by someone other than the poster who achieved a particular milestone.

    No one's forcing you to read those threads, you know. You can very easily bypass them in favor of the hamster wheel of the off-season which is the Vikings Fan Forum.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #7
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: I don't get it

    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:
    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    Why is everyone so focused on how many posts they have? Does that make them a better Viking fan?

    I look at the posts because it is the quickest way to see if anything has happened that is relative to the Vikings. Thanks alot to Singer since he seems to be the fatsest.

    I'll join in if I feel I have a something substantial to say or if I'm on the road for work and drunk from co-workers.

    But having people posting "yes" " You Betcha" "I agree" or lets play a game "Say a word that starts with B" I mean come on. Pretty Dumb.
    Please do not criticize other members. That is one of the Golden Rules of this site.

    And everyone is not "focused" on other's post counts. Just because someone has 5000 posts doesn't make them any better than someone with 50 posts. It's all in the QUALITY of the posts, not QUANTITY.

    Judge not, lest ye be judged.

    Thanks for listening.
    I appologize if you think I criticized anyone. My point was not the quantity of posts but the quality. Which you you stated. But from my point of view, the number of posts does seem to be a big "DEAL". Look at my status now is a common thread. I don't really care just a point of view.
    I think the reason people congratulate others on status achievements is because it means they are posting often. If nobody frequently posted on this site there would be nothing interesting to read. In my eyes (and I'm sure many would agree) the more somebody posts the better...its that simple. If somebody wants to limit their posting to select quality posts....more power to them, but who cares if they aren't ALL quality posts. I see your point, I just look at it differently.

  8. #8
    shockzilla's Avatar
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    6,204
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: I don't get it

    As far as "status" goes around here, it's a big deal to some people, the amount of time they spend on here. We're a big family on here, and we like to congratulate someone who has spent a lot of time, posting positive, thoughtful and incisive comments. And by the way, if you'd take the time to notice, most threads congratulating someone on a certain amount of posts is usually started by someone else.

    But, I'm not going to make a big deal of it, and you weren't criticizing. Like you said, just your point of view. It's all good! :lol:
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

  9. #9
    WisconsinSucks's Avatar
    WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    567

    Re: I don't get it

    Well the best part of this post is I just posted 3 times.

  10. #10
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: I don't get it

    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    I think Cajun may feel for DeAngello like Madden does for Favre :lol: JK!
    Ya Think?
    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    Thorough
    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    HATE HIM
    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "RoadGrader27" wrote:
    The Vikings have never won a title and after saying that goodbye and good luck on that title!!!!

    WRONG
    Do not throw stones if you live in a glass house.

    I could give 2 craps about numbers and posts. Caine does not have many posts, yet he is by far in the top 5.

    People here are judged on what they bring to the table, 'nuff said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •