JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I am a total tool, not a hammer, wrench, or even vicegrips.

I posted a couple days ago, about the SI football preview and how they had Pittsburgh to win the superbowl.

As I was getting ready to leave work that day, I noticed something about the SI, in the background of the Sports Illustrated graphic and picture of Ben Roethlisboner, I noticed the word KIDS, sort of transparent against the back of the page. I remember the old SI Kids that were very cartoonish and much smaller than the regular SI, this was the same thickness as a normal SI football preview. I apologize for any confusion this has caused to our members here. Strange how SI for Kids has different picks than SI, though. I'm guessing they were done by kids, who else would serious think we would finish third in the division.

I read today that SI actually has the Panthers over the Colts. They had us at 9-7, ahead of 8-8 Green Bay and Detroit in our division, and losing in the 1st round of the playoffs to Dallas.

On a side note, did anybody see Charlie Frye last night against Chicago. He lit them up. Could he be this year's Roethlisboner??? Only if they played 16 games against a porous Chicago D.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: I am a total tool, not a hammer, wrench, or even vicegrips.

:lol: Si for kids...

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Losing to the cowgals eh? we will see... :lol:

Yeah, I saw that SI (for grown-ups) had Dallas beating us in the first round. Dallas??!! Oh, well, it's better to be underrated than overrated (less disappointment, less chance of a jinx)...

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah, I was really confused last night when I got my SI for big kids (aka adults) and I thought I had gotten a different issue or something than you did jdogg!! Oh well, to err is human or however that mumbo jumbo goes!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Yeah, I was really confused last night when I got my SI for big kids (aka adults) and I thought I had gotten a different issue or something than you did jdogg!! Oh well, to err is human or however that mumbo jumbo goes!!
    You did. Hopefully, I'll get a chance this weekend to pick up the one for big kids. I'm kind of upset that I blew $5 on the Kids issue.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

It will be a good memory for you to tell your kids. "Hey kids, this one year, 2005 to be exact, I bought an SI for kids thinking it was the regular one for big kids and they said the vikings were gonna take third in our division!! After an off season of revamping the D, they predicted third!! I was outraged, so I went on PP.O back when I only had about 600 posts (which at this time I'm sure you have about 10 Gs) and I went on a rampage about how mad I was, then a couple of days later I found out I bought the wrong one and felt like an idiot!! Then this one guy typed on there and said some philosophical thing like "to err is human" and I felt better about myself!!" lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!