Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: I am done supporting the T-Wolves!!!!

Yahoo Sports just gave ratings to all the NBA teams for their draft. The Timberwolves got one of the highest grades of anyone.
    Check this out:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-draftreportcards062808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:
    The Knicks suck, if you need a team to root for... Look out for the Brooklyn Nets featuring LeBron James.

I can't wait. I'll be at every game.
    Keep dreaming.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Yahoo Sports just gave ratings to all the NBA teams for their draft. The Timberwolves got one of the highest grades of anyone.
    Check this out:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-draftreportcards062808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
    Thanks for the read COJO.

In the second round, the Timberwolves picked up a first-round caliber talent in Nikola Pekovic. It’s still up in the air whether or not he’ll ever decide to join the NBA, but if he does, he could immediately compete for minutes off the bench.
    I still am scratching my slightly balding head over this pick.
    The talking heads said he just signed a contract over there which meant he had to play at least 2 years overseas yet.

Anyone know what his status really is?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Well GG, you may want to reconsider.
    The moves Kahn and his staff are making are very interesting, and it seems as though he is making a big push for 2010.
    Some of the reasons to be excited about the direction of the team:

We have two talented big men in Al and Love.

We have two young point guards that can ignite an offense.
    Flynn has been absolutely sick ever since the first summer league game.
    See dunk versus Chicago.

Kahn has said multiple times that he wants to be a huge player in 2010 free agency, and he is making moves to ensure that happens.

They are looking for a coach that will employ a running up-tempo offense that will be fun to watch, especially with Flynn and Rubio running the show.
    They also have Love who is amazing with outlet passes.

Multiple first round picks in next year's draft as well.
    Oh, and Pekovic (the center we need) should be coming over next year as well.

I don't know.
    I was sour on the Wolves for a while there too, but now that Millen...I mean McHale is out, I'm taking a new interest in what is being done with our team.
    If Rubio is signed after Kahn's upcoming trip to Spain, our roster could be something like:

G
    Ricky Rubio
    G
    Jonny Flynn
    F
    Corey Brewer
    F
    Kevin Love
    C
    Al Jefferson

Reserves:
    G
    Bobby Brown
    G/F
    Quinten Richardson
    G
    Wayne Ellington
    F
    Ryan Gomes
    F
    Darius Songaila
    F
    Brian Cardinal
    C
    Etan Thomas

I'm pretty sure this will not be the starting lineup at season's beginning, but it is potentially what we will see as the year progresses and players develop.
    I can't do anything about it from up here in Alaska, but I'm urging any Bball fans from PP.O to go out and buy tickets and try to make our arena like Oklahoma City's.

Rock out with your cock out!!!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

The fact that Avery Johnson is still sitting out there and a Proven coach who has been successful and a former player who knows what it takes, and doesn't even seem to be on our radar is sad. He is by far the best available coach out there.

"Garland" wrote:
    The fact that Avery Johnson is still sitting out there and a Proven coach who has been successful and a former player who knows what it takes, and doesn't even seem to be on our radar is sad. He is by far the best available coach out there.
    He may be a good choice, but I don't know if he would be best suited to employ the run n' gun style that Kahn seems to want for his personnel.
    Have the fans been given any indication as to who Kahn is interviewing?

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    He may be a good choice, but I don't know if he would be best suited to employ the run n' gun style that Kahn seems to want for his personnel.
    Have the fans been given any indication as to who Kahn is interviewing?
    Only ones I know of: ESPN analyst Mark Jackson, Lakers assistant Kurt Rambis and Houston assistant Elston Turner. Portland assistant Monty Williams has also been reported to be a candidate.

I'm all about the FO picking the RIGHT guy versus picking the first big name.
    Take your time Kahn.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

Jonny Flynn is going to be so legit I'm VERY excited to see him play

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

im happy with the moves kahn has made..he drafted the most intriguing prospect in the draft, then traded telfair to convince rubio that if he comes, he is guarenteed the playing time..also in todays trade, he acquired 10 million dollars of salary cap space to make a run at a major free agent..the likelihood of the wolves getting one of those guys is unlikely, but it never hurts to free up the space and try..if rubio and flynn come through as good players, along with the development of kevin love, and the continued play of the games best low post scorer in jefferson, this team could attract a big name next offseason
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"olson_10" wrote:
    im happy with the moves kahn has made..he drafted the most intriguing prospect in the draft, then traded telfair to convince rubio that if he comes, he is guarenteed the playing time..also in todays trade, he acquired 10 million dollars of salary cap space to make a run at a major free agent..the likelihood of the wolves getting one of those guys is unlikely, but it never hurts to free up the space and try..if rubio and flynn come through as good players, along with the development of kevin love, and the continued play of the games best low post scorer in jefferson, this team could attract a big name next offseason
    You know, D Wade played in the midwest, so there is a slight possibility of that happening.
    I'd personally like to see Joe Johnson and Mehmet Okur signed to the squad if we are planning on having a high octane offense like Kahn says.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234