Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

I Am About To Be A Father In Law

For those of you who did not see my facebook post, I am about to welcom a son in law to my family. My oldest daughter LaCarra is getting married next spring.

For those of you who have had to go through the process of letting one of their little girls go, I would appreciate any advice.

On a side note, one of her wedding colors is purple. Did Iraise her right or what?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    lol Purple Floyd

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Congratulations ND!

Whether your daughter is married or not, she will always be daddy's girl.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Good luck and congrats ND...I have two daughters and all fingers crossed that they choose wisely.

re: purple, you ARE the man...have fun with it bro!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Congratuations and best wishes! Great news!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NDVikingFan66 View Post
    For those of you who did not see my facebook post, I am about to welcom a son in law to my family. My oldest daughter LaCarra is getting married next spring.

For those of you who have had to go through the process of letting one of their little girls go, I would appreciate any advice.

On a side note, one of her wedding colors is purple. Did Iraise her right or what?
    How to let your little girl go

I prefer simply not doing it. Introduce Mr. "I-wanna-be-your-son-in-law" to Mr "Semi-auto-in-your-face". then hug your little girl, tell her that she'll thank you someday, and go on about your business.

The alternate option would be to point out to Mr. "Perspective son-in-law" that he had better be a Viking fan, he'd better raise his kids to be Viking fans, and if he EVER crosses the line and does something that infuriates you, you will simply reach out to the PPO community and have him "disappeared".

That's how I see it.

Caine

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    thats what it comes down too. If he's a good guy its easier (not easy) to let her go. Have "the talk" with him first make sure he knows he is taking on something very precious and if he screws it up you'll kill him, simples
    Purple till i die

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    CONGRATS ND! Letting go is not easy and not too many live up to expectations(i.e. my son-in-law, who is a Vikes fan, fairweather,casual,weak). So find out how much time he likes to spend by himself or his buddies. Throw him back if he is a schlep. lol

CPonderFan is offline Rookie
    Congrats sir! I am going to be going through it for the first time here in about a year. Then i have two others that are sure to follow. I cant imagine what your going through and I sure would appreciate soem feedback!!

On the Purple...Great Job! I am going to have a hard time with that one since my daughter is marrying a Razorback!
    None

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast