Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni

I be active alot more again for some time..

Alright.. I have been pretty quite and silently missed the tailgate.. but not really by choice, more of twisted into it.

This spring we were landscaping around the house and I stepped oddly on my leg and felt a pop.. a day later.. it popped again.. loudly enough for a coworker to hear it.

So for the summer and fall I have been trying to "gut" through the pain and following a doctors piss poor advice of healing it. The first doctor missed the diagnosis and probably did me no favors in the long run. The doc I am seeing now.. went through a couple of different options trying to identify the best solution and they finally did surgery...

So being I only have one leg.. having the other leg cut up leaves me with little options.. something I have dreaded my whole life..

Anyway.. they did the surgery Friday.. went for the return visit today and things seem to be in line with expectations.

This is more of an explanation of why I have been quiet... The past 2 to 3 months.. some days I couldn't even bear weight upon it.. let alone attend any activities...

So... all in all.. now that I am stuck in a chair and can't go back to work.. you all will probably be subjected to more of my babbling and green tinted humor.. or attempts at humor.

BTW.. they took a picture of the tear during surgery and forwarded it to my e-mail today... if you aren't the squeamish type.. it is a pretty neat picture of a 8 cm tear in a tendon. View if you would like.. http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj103/pack93z/Tendon2.jpg The tweasers each have a piece that should be one..

Additionally... they casted the damn thing right today.. Green and Gold.. lol.

Happy Holidays all..

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:I be active alot more again for some time..

pack93z wrote:
    Alright.. I have been pretty quite and silently missed the tailgate.. but not really by choice, more of twisted into it.

This spring we were landscaping around the house and I stepped oddly on my leg and felt a pop.. a day later.. it popped again.. loudly enough for a coworker to hear it.

So for the summer and fall I have been trying to "gut" through the pain and following a doctors piss poor advice of healing it. The first doctor missed the diagnosis and probably did me no favors in the long run. The doc I am seeing now.. went through a couple of different options trying to identify the best solution and they finally did surgery...

So being I only have one leg.. having the other leg cut up leaves me with little options.. something I have dreaded my whole life..

Anyway.. they did the surgery Friday.. went for the return visit today and things seem to be in line with expectations.

This is more of an explanation of why I have been quiet... The past 2 to 3 months.. some days I couldn't even bear weight upon it.. let alone attend any activities...

So... all in all.. now that I am stuck in a chair and can't go back to work.. you all will probably be subjected to more of my babbling and green tinted humor.. or attempts at humor.

BTW.. they took a picture of the tear during surgery and forwarded it to my e-mail today... if you aren't the squeamish type.. it is a pretty neat picture of a 8 cm tear in a tendon. View if you would like.. http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj103/pack93z/Tendon2.jpg The tweasers each have a piece that should be one..

Happy Holidays all..
    Looks pleasant, must have been a joy to walk on.

Get better soon though.

Another thing, I'm no lawyer, but its my understanding that the doctor that initially missed the diagnosis and gave you poor advice on how to heal it could be hit with a malpractice suit. Damages could include missed income from not working, cost of the chair, any health bills and just for you having to deal with it instead of getting it fixed right away.

I'm not familiar with US law, but at least that's what you could do in Canada.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    pack93z wrote:

Happy Holidays all..
    Looks pleasant, must have been a joy to walk on.

Get better soon though.

Another thing, I'm no lawyer, but its my understanding that the doctor that initially missed the diagnosis and gave you poor advice on how to heal it could be hit with a malpractice suit. Damages could include missed income from not working, cost of the chair, any health bills and just for you having to deal with it instead of getting it fixed right away.

I'm not familiar with US law, but at least that's what you could do in Canada.
    Yeah, sue that gol' darnit (It used to be something like that, right?) docter out of his job. :side:

I've said quite a bit about this, already, 93z. Again, though, hope you have a speedy recovery.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Well, it's a good time to be stuck in a stationary position. Bowl season, and the stretch run/playoffs/superbowl for the nfl. Not to mention the start of conference play in college basketball! I guess I hope you have a tv in your "lounging in a wheelchair" room!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Sorry to hear about what happened Pack. Horrible to have happen to anybody, let alone one of the few good Packer fans out there!

Make the best of the situation - enjoy the bowls and relax as much as you can over the holiday season. You'll be back up and running before you know it. Though it sucks now, a few weeks-months is a small window in your entire life.

Heal well, heal fast, and welcome back.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Get well brother. Hope you heal well and quickly. Enjoy the Packers' short run in the playoffs. LOL

:P
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Sorry to hear about the injury 93z. The good thing is you are on the mend now. Best of luck in the healing process. Take care of yourself.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

And your knee is in better shape than Kampman's and Harris' LOL

Get better soon man

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Thanks all..

As far as going after the doctors because they made a mistake.. in the end, really how much would have it mattered. The tendon would still have been torn and the surgery would have still been needed.. it would just have happened earlier and probably less overall pain endured by myself.

Now.. if the outcome would have been effected by their oversight or in my opinion laziness. then I would see taking action. I am just glad I bailed on that clinic and found a independent doctor that is focused on resolution instead of bottom line economics of stings of appointments.

Now.. have I filed a complaint with the Bone and Joint clinic and hope that they review the doctors practices in hopes that others aren't finding the same fate with the 20 something doc... I certainly did. Did I demand to see another doctor on their staff.. yes.. but when he cautiously stood behind the original doctors diagnosis.. I bailed and again wrote to the head of the operation.

The politics in health care these days frustrate me to no end.. just about as much as the greedy hands of our local church.. they both as so out of place but so accepted as the way it is.. and they wonder why people are pushing away.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Welcome back my friend. Hope everything heals up and you can get back out again.

As to having you around a bit more, I'm looking forward to it. Your stuff has been missed, which is saying something, considering that you claim to be a PUKER fan.

I enjoy your posts way to much to believe that my friend. Still contend that you are really a closet Vikings fan.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast