Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Husband pulls over his deputy wife twice

She must have been out screwing around on him.
    That is the only reason he would give her a DUI.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I smell a divorce coming!
    My guess is that one was already on the way...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah, probably.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"vikingivan" wrote:
    Or he is just upholding his vow to uphold the law.
    I had an uncle that was in the highway patrol and he didn't care who it was, if they broke the law they were going down.

Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    Or he is just upholding his vow to uphold the law.
    I had an uncle that was in the highway patrol and he didn't care who it was, if they broke the law they were going down.
    You do have a point.
    It sounds like he called another deputy to take over, which would be normal procedure.
    There is some sketchy details though.
    It sounds like she refused the Breathalyzer the first time and then drove off.
    And then he called for a backup deputy.
    So things look like they are a little off to begin with.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I think he did the right thing. If she is out drinking and driving he might have just saved a life. I am sure more often than not police will give another officer a warning. Too often the officer becomes the judge and jury and let's an offender go.
    Patrolman's discretion is a pretty important part of the criminal justice system.
    If every single offender was put through the court process our judicial system would either become diluted and meaningless, or extremely slow.
    Plus, the law is black and white, but the world isn't.
    So it is important for an officer to be able to make the call based on his or her judgment in some situations.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    ...So things look like they are a little off to begin with.
    If you get arrested and people you don't even know are talking about it in a Vikings forum it is probably not a good sign.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    ...So things look like they are a little off to begin with.
    If you get arrested and people you don't even know are talking about it in a Vikings forum it is probably not a good sign.
    LOL. ;D
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I think he did the right thing. If she is out drinking and driving he might have just saved a life. I am sure more often than not police will give another officer a warning. Too often the officer becomes the judge and jury and let's an offender go.
    Patrolman's discretion is a pretty important part of the criminal justice system.
    If every single offender was put through the court process our judicial system would either become diluted and meaningless, or extremely slow.
    So it is important for an officer to be able to make the call based on his or her judgment in some situations.
    I agree that officers have to use common sense, and can't always be strictly "by the book". But at the same time if an officer is going to give me a ticket for doing 78mph in a 70 then they should give everyone the same ticket for the same offense. When officers just go with there gut it often leads to there prejudices influencing there decisions.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I agree that officers have to use common sense, and can't always be strictly "by the book". But at the same time if an officer is going to give me a ticket for doing 78mph in a 70 then they should give everyone the same ticket for the same offense. When officers just go with there gut it often leads to there prejudices influencing there decisions.
    Thank God for Patrolman's discretion...I got stopped for speeding on my way to Vikings Training Camp on the first Saturday.
    The cop ended up letting me go, probably because he noted that I was from out of town and that I had my Vikings cap and jersey on.

;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast